Hurtful Reality

What Is Love

 “Your husband?”

Tae-young smiled and nodded. In contrary with Sang-woo who just stood there and stared you in guilt. You faked a smile, a smile that crashed Sang-woo’s heart.

“Here’s my card. I really want you to join in our company. Contact me soon.” She said while giving you her business card. You took it half-heartedly, yet you still managed to smile.

“Ah, thank you. It’s my honor. Let me think for few days then I’ll contact you.” You said. “If so, I’ll take my leave first. See you later, Tae-young and… Mr. Kwon.” You added. Three of you bowed before you left them.

You weren’t drunk, but you felt like the world spun faster. You almost lost your balance when you went out of LQ. You even had to lean on the wall. That reality hit your dreams, making all of foundation that you wanted to rebuild become ashes once again.

It was hurting you like hell.

***

You stared at your cell phone that kept vibrating on the table. You hugged your knees and sighed. You let it vibrate because you didn’t want to talk or see anyone right now. You just wanted to let the pain consumes you.

You recalled again all your memories with Sang-woo. Though it was short, but it meant a lot for you. At least with Sang-woo, you could let yourself to stop loving Daniel. At least with him, you didn’t have to build a wall. You didn’t have to force a smile if you don’t want to. Just like when you were still with Daniel.

But why, right when you could lean on someone, when you wanted to give your all to Sang-woo, you found out that he was married? Who was the villain? Was it him because he wasn’t honest to you or was it you who was too blind to see?

You could feel the pain in your heart. It felt like your heart was stabbed by icy sword a thousand times in a same spot. The stab didn’t just make a new scar, but it frozen every nerve in your head. You couldn’t think about anything anymore.

***

Few days later

“Hey.” You greeted and hugged him when you open the door.

He stepped in. “Are you okay?” he asked. You walked and sat on the couch. He joined and sat beside you.

“I’m perfectly fine.” You smiled. He caressed your cheek, giving you a guilty pleasure feelings.

“I’m sorry.” He muttered.

You stared at him and found that apologize was sincere. “That’s okay. I can understand. You were alone in Phoenix and I came up and your feelings got carried away. I understand perfectly.”

“It’s not like that.” He denied. He stared at you right in your eyes. And it made you furious somehow. He seemed fine with all of this and you were the one who felt all the guilt.

“THEN WHAT IS IT? HUH? TELL ME! YOU CAN’T, CAN YOU? YOU SANG-WOO FOR MAKING ME FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU! YOU!” you exploded. All the feelings, all the pain, all the anger, you just let it out…and you cried.

You hugged your knees and buried your face in it. Your sob filled the entire room, leaving Sang-woo with all his thoughts.

***

Tae-young felt that her phone vibrated. She was on a café enjoying a glass of vanilla latte. She opened it and it turned out that she got one new message from Sang-woo. She tilted her head. It was rare for him to text her first.

From: Sang-woo

Tae-young-ssi, we need to talk. I’m going home now and I’m expecting that you would be there when I’m arrived.

She smirked. She knew that it would happen. Thus she had prepared everything perfectly. Without anyone knowing, she had done some research once she smelled something was wrong between you and Sang-woo. Because after meeting you in LQ, Sang-woo seemed like he lost his life spirit. So she had stalk everything about you and Sang-woo and found out everything.

She also predicted that this kind of text would arrive one day, a text that implied that Sang-woo wants a divorce. But, she would never let Sang-woo go.

***

He put you on your bed and covered you with your blanket. His fingertips trailed on your face and pushed away some hair that covered your face. He could see your perfect beauty though your eyes were puffed. He touched your lips and remembered how sweet it was when the first time he kissed you. He thought he could cover everything and settle his divorce with Tae-young. But before he could finish everything, you already found out about his marriage.

He didn’t care about lying to Tae-young, but he cared about lying to you. The fact that he fell in love with you made him blind and forget about the consequences you would receive when people know about it. He just loved you more than everything. His heart was hurt as much as yours but he didn’t care about his wound. The thing that he concerned was how to bring back your smile. He took out his phone and read his wife’s replies.

From: Tae-young

Sure.

Sang-woo then went back to his home in rush. He had to fix every mess he made. And he would do anything to fix it as long as it could make you back to his arm again.

***

A/N:

Such a short update :/ I'm not really good at this kind of chapter~