Feelings Developed

Searching for The One

“Jun Ho-ya! Have you… read the article?”

Yoo Sang was swiping his sweat in his forehead as he talks to his best friend.

“Ne. Waeyo? You sound really nervous.”

 Jun Ho has just finished reviewing the Finance Department’s computations on the company’s earnings.

“Mianhabnida… for what my son did to Shin Hye. He shouldn’t have kissed her…”

“Gwaenchanha. At first I was pretty disappointed with Yong Hwa for disrespecting my daughter… But on the other hand, my daughter didn’t tell me about this. This could have been a valid reason for breaking the agreement but then she didn’t do so. I guess feelings are starting to develop between them… which is a good thing for us because I’ve got an idea. Kekeke. Just relax.”

“You’re right. I shouldn’t act like this.” Yoo Sang was finally relieved by his friend’s words.

***

When Shin Hye was walking her way to her car, Dara was desperately running to her.

“Shin Hye-ya… I saw it… the news…”

Dara was panting really hard as she talks so Shin Hye offered her water jug for her to drink.

“Here. Drink so that I can understand you.”

“Gomawo. Anyway, as I was saying, I saw your picture with Yong Hwa kissing. Is this true?”

“Ne.” Shin Hye calmly answered. She didn’t sound irritated or anything.

“Aren’t you mad? I thought you don’t like him…”

“No, I’m not mad. And yes, I don’t like him… but I also don’t hate him. He had reason for doing that.”

“Oh! Was it for love? Maybe that is why you’re becoming more talkative than before. You’re… changing. I’m so happy that you’ve finally found the man for you!” Dara had starry eyes while her hands are clasped to her chest. Shin Hye weirdly looks at her cousin.

“Aniya! He just had to save me from my uh… annoying… date.” Here goes her defensive side again.

Dara’s brows were about to meet as she was very confused by Shin Hye’s statement.

“Wait… you’re… dating someone else? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Aish! I’m tired of your questions. I better get going now…” Shin Hye was about to turn her back when Dara got a grip of her wrist.

“We need to talk. You’re hiding something from me.”

Dara brought Shin Hye along to her usual spot, the garden. They were the only ones there because the others have already gone home.

“Now, tell it to me.”

“Why should I?” Shin Hye had her arms crossed when Dara finally released her grip.

“I’m your cousin. You can trust me. Promise.”

Dara said as she raised her right hand.

Since Shin Hye that she could not escape from her cousin’s interrogation anymore, she just told her the whole story and explained to her the agreement.

“So that’s why you ‘asked’ me to find a date for a guy, huh? You two are really out of your minds! You know your father. If he knows about this, he’ll surely have your marriage as soon as possible!”

“That’s why YOU ARE NOT TELLING HIM, ARACHI? And don’t forget to set another date for him. Pick a decent one, ARASSEO?” Shin Hye’s eyes are fiery, trying to scare Dara. But it didn’t work.

“Nah! Arasseo. Of course I won’t tell him or to anyone! C’mon! Let’s go back to our cars. Our drivers might be looking for us.” Dara genuinely smiled as she stood up and offered her hand to Shin Hye. Shin Hye also smiled at her as they linked arms while walking.

"I like you like this Shin Hye-ya. You're not as cold as before. It must be because of him. Kekeke."

Shin Hye blushed as she heard Dara said it. Dara was quick enough to notice.

"Kekeke. You're blushing. So it's true! You already like him, don't you?"

"I... I don't know."

"Well I am telling you that you already like him. It shows. Kekeke."

"Aish!" Shin Hye pouted and removed her arms from Dara's then walked briskly.

"Hey wait for me, Shin Hye-ya! I was just kidding." Dara was trying to keep up from her cousin's pace.

***

Yoo Sang was drinking his tea as he was sitting at the sofa when Yong Hwa arrived.

“I’m home, but I will be going out later.” Yong Hwa said as he changed his footwear. He was about to go upstairs when his father spoke,

“I’ve read it.”

Yong Hwa knew that his father was talking about what happened last night so he stopped and turned to his father. He didn’t know what to tell him. His father was smiling at him, which he didn’t expect.

“It seems that the two of you are getting along very well. Keep it up. By the way, we are planning to hold your engagement party in less than two weeks.”

“MWO?” His eyes widened when he heard his father.

“Aren’t you asking me if I’m ok with it?”

“I don’t have to since you already agreed to the engagement, right? Don’t worry about it. Just leave the preparations to us.”

Yong Hwa was speechless. He just went to his room to change clothes while still in shock.

***

Yong Hwa was hiding behind a car parked in front of the theater. He was wearing a hood as he was looking at the people going inside and out of the place.

“Aish! Maybe she’s late again. Silly Shin Hye-ya! Not even thinking if her date is already impatiently waiting for her. Tsk tsk.”

He was startled when one of the car’s windows opened. He was even more shocked when he saw who it was.

“Shi… Shin Hye?”

“Silly me, huh?” Her eyes was giving him a ‘you’re unbelievable’ look.

“You… you heard what I said?”

“Every word.” She said as her head was partly outside the window.

“Mianhae. I was just kidding. You know me. I’m just talking to myself randomly… Ke… ke… ke.” He nervously said while his one hand was on his nape.

Shin Hye went out of the car and had her arms crossed as usual as she faced him.

“Tsk tsk tsk. Look who’s been caught. Talking to yourself? You must have really gone crazy! Yong Hwa is crazy, yong hwa is crazy! Kekeke.”

Shin Hye was teasing him when Yong Hwa smirked, held her hands. She blushed as he leaned closer to her and said,

“Yeah right, I’m crazy… crazy for you.”

Startled, she cleared his hands and looked away.

“Kekeke. You must have seen your face Shin Hye-ya! You’re BLUSHING! Kekeke.”

Shin Hye was slapping her cheeks then hit Yong Hwa’s muscular arms.

“I am not! It’s just cold!”

“If you’re cold, you must be pale… right? Kekeke.”

“I don’t know ok! What’s the thing here is that I AM NOT BLUSHING!”

“But you are. Kekeke. Why are you here anyway? You should already go there. You’re date is waiting for you!” Yong Hwa wiped off his teasing look.

“MWO? Seriously?” Shin Hye couldn’t believe what he said.

“Wae? Are you expecting that we will watch it together? Mianhae Shin Hye-ya. I don’t like plays.”

“Aniya! You’re so assuming! I was confused because I also gave my ticket to your date. I’m not fond of watching those either.”

Yong Hwa also had this unbelievable expression in his face.

“Uh oh.”

“I should just go home. Bye.” Shin Hye was about to step into the car when Yong Hwa stopped her.

“Wait. Why don’t we go somewhere else? My treat.”

He said smilingly. It seems that he already thought of a good place.

"Arasseo." She said flatly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update. Just had time to type this chappy. Kekeke. I'm having a brain bleed right now. Just finished first week of school and I was already bombarded with papers and homeworks and readings. -.- Being a student is really hard!!! But then, thanks for the encouragement chingus. By the way, I'm really having fun with my korean class. My prof is a Filipino who had studied korean language here in the Philippines and also in Korea. He's really funny and I enjoy how he conducts our lessons. In just two days, I already know how to read and write Hangeul, but still couldn't understand what I'm reading. Kekeke. How's school chingus? :) About the sequel of The Angel Who Saved Her Heart, I will be doing it after I finish this fic. Kyaaa~! It was really my fave fanfic of mine since it was my first time writing a story. Have a nice day and enjoy reading! :)