Epic Fail

Searching for The One

 

Dara immediately walked out of the room. Unfortunately, Shin Hye was able to grab her sleeve and she cornered Dara for a talk.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Shin Hye’s eyes were furious but she still wanted to act as calm as possible so as not to scare Dara too much.

“I uh… I’m just… spreading the good news!” She tried to sound cool and happy but she just cracked her voice. Drops of sweat are forming on her forehead.

“We’re not engaged, ok. We’re still having talks about it. And it’ll definitely not push through so TAKE ALL WHAT YOU SAID BACK.”

Before Dara could answer, a loud and stern voice was heard by the whole class.

“WHAT IS THE COMMOTION ALL ABOUT? And why are you here Ms. Park? I meant Ms. Dara Park.” It was Joo-sonsaengnim, their math teacher.

“Best wishes cousin!” Dara teased Shin Hye as she stuck her tongue and ran for her life to get out of the room.

Everyone hurriedly went back to their seats while the professor is busy reading what’s on the board.

“Hmm… I see. I wonder what kind of disaster that will make. Anyway, time for your favorite topic—ALGEBRA.” He said sarcastically. As usual, Yong Hwa was finding her comfortable position for him to take a nap as Shin Hye was just expressionlessly listening to the boring lesson.

***

Yong Hwa was busy explaining with Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk about the engagement that Dara had told them. They were at the cafeteria having lunch.

“My Sassy Girl?! It never crossed my mind that she would be one of her interest! Kekeke. Chick flicks are only for hopeless romantics. She’s really something.” Jung Shin was his chin.

“So, you and the Snow Queen are having this deal, huh? You two are really interesting.” Jong Hyun said before he attacked his sandwich.

“See? She is you’re ONE hyung! Told you. I’m so great. Kekeke.” Min Hyuk’s eyes were starry with hands clasped on his chest. He was acting really weird but still looked really cute.

Before Yong Hwa could comment, the boys stopped what they were doing and were only looking at one direction. Yong Hwa turned to see what the three had been looking. It was actually a who. Even the other students at the cafeteria were looking as to where the person is heading. They looked surprised when she stopped in front of Yong Hwa. A lot of whispers could be heard.

“Speaking of the devil…” Jung Shin murmured to Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk.

“What brings you here, Shin Hye-ya? Cafeteria is something that the snow queen never steps her foot on. This place is too busy and too noisy for your highness.” Yong Hwa casually talked to her with a smile. He was being his cocky self again. Shin Hye wanted to do her habit of rolling her eyes but she restrained herself thinking about what he had told him.

“Hyung even addresses her as Shin Hye-ya and not Shin Hye-ssi. They really must have gotten along well now.” Min Hyuk muttered to the two.

“Go to the same restaurant where we usually meet at exactly 7pm. Don’t be late, arasseo?”

A lot of “oohs” can be heard from the students eavesdropping to their conversation. Shin Hye looked at them with raised eyebrows and so they immediately looked away and pretended doing something else. She didn’t bother to wait for his response so she immediately went out of the canteen.

“Tss! Still the same ice-cold witch.” one of the embarrassed eavesdropper said.

“Oh c’mon! It was really our fault. We shouldn’t be overhearing other people’s conversations.” her lunchmate said.

“I’m guessing that you’ll have a date tonight Yong. Maybe she has fallen for you now! Kekeke.” Jong Hyun patted Yong Hwa’s shoulders.

“Yes! Our plan worked for them! Kekeke.” Min Hyuk made high-fives with Jung Shin and Jong Hyun.

“Well, that may really be the case now.” Yong Hwa smirked.

***

“Mr. Jung Yong Hwa, a table for two has been reserved for you.” The restaurant butler pointed to an empty table. He was five minutes late. When he reached the table, a girl was sitting, reading the menu card.

“So, what are we up to for tonight?” He sat down confidently on the seat across her. He was surprised when she put down the menu. It was not Shin Hye. She’s really gorgeous with a rocking body and is sophisticated-looking.

“Baek Jin Ju-imnida. I guess you are Jung Yong Hwa-ssi, my date for tonight? A girl called me and set me a blind date with you.” She introduced herself.

“Ah… ne. Pleasure to meet you.”

 

 

Flashback.

It was lunch time. Dara was busy listening to her iPod as she was lying down on one of the school’s benches. If Shin Hye has her own space in the library, the bench where she at is definitely her territory. She calls it her ‘Sanctuary’ for she is the only person there during those times because the others are probably in the cafeteria falling in line for their food. Unlike the other black-colored benches, hers was colored with yellow because of her sunny personality.

She was about to fall asleep when someone removed her earphones. When she turned to look at the person, her eyes widened as if seeing a ghost. The ghost had her arms crossed as she looks at her with rage. It was actually not a ghost but the Snow Queen.

“Shi… Shin Hye-ya?” Dara jumped from her seat and gulped.

“You and I have an unfinished business, cousin.” Shin Hye said with an evil smile. A smile that means something.

“Oh! Ok… sit down.”

Shin Hye sat down on the yellow bench while Dara cross-sitted on the grassy field.

“About earlier and the blind date… I can explain Shin…”

But before Dara could continue, Shin Hye made the ‘stop’ signal.

“It’s ok. I’ll let you go.”

Dara’s face was about to light up when Shin Hye continued.

“On one condition.”

Her almost reassured expression turned to curiosity but she continued listening to her.

“Find a date for a guy who is beautiful, feminine and y.”

“MWO?”

“You heard me. Now do it with no more questions. Take the first girl you’ll find in the restaurant where you SET ME UP with Yong Hwa at 7pm sharp, arachi?”

“But…”

Before Dara could protest, Shin Hye was already walking away from her.

End of flashback.

 

 

The two of them are having fun getting along with each other. Yong Hwa has just finished talking about his latest luxury car while his date was just listening to him with amazement when she suddenly excused herself to go to the restroom.

He felt the call of nature so he also went to the restroom. Men’s CR of course. As he opened the door, his eyes couldn’t believe what he saw.

Before his date could go back to their table, Yong Hwa quickly paid for the bill, ran out of the restaurant and rode on his car in a flash. He immediately called Shin Hye while he was driving. Her phone rang several times before she answered.

“Waeyo? I just finished taking a shower…”

“She’s GAY Shin Hye-ya! SHE’S GAY!!!”

“Wait a second. Talk slowly. I don’t get what you’re saying.”

“I… I… I saw her… I mean him…”

“WHO? Will you stop stuttering and talk straight!”

“YOU SET ME UP WITH A GAY! I was about to pee when I saw her… him peeing in the MEN’S CR!”

“Ah… jinja?” She was trying her best to hold back her laughter while talking to him.

“That is all you have to say?! This is your entire fault Shin Hye-ya! Are you still there?? Wait a sec… are you laughing?”

“I’m still here. A… aniya! I’m just… busy reading. Better luck next time Yong Hwa. Bye.”

She put down the phone before he could complain. She was laughing really hard. She has never laughed this hard again for years.