A Stalker is Different from a Dreamer

Searching for The One

Just as when Shin Hye opened the gate, both of them was shocked to see that her father was standing in front of them, wearing a suspicious smile.

“Omo! Appa! Why are you the one receiving me? Aren’t our butlers and maids already asleep?”

“Aniyo. I just saw you with someone in our CCTV and so I came here to check you out myself.”

“Good evening Mr. Park.” Yong Hwa politely said and bowed his head which Mr. Park also did in return.

“Good evening Yong Hwa! Thanks for riding my daughter home. What a true gentleman you are.”

“Ah… it’s nothing Mr. Park… I better get going…” He shyly smiled while scratching his head.

 “Why don’t you come inside first to have some tea first?”

Shin Hye knew her father was up for something… again. But before she could say anything, Yong Hwa already agreed and the three of them entered the house.

Yong Hwa had starry eyes when he entered their home. He didn’t expect what he saw. He thought that their house would be big, but not way TOO big. If he didn’t know that it was the house of the family who owns the largest shipping company of Korea, he would have thought that he went to a five-star hotel. It was really elegant—it’s like a mansion made of gold, high ceiling designed with a huge shimmering chandelier, a grandiose Louis XIV style. Shin Hye was indeed a queen and her house was totally much of a palace.

“Feel at home.” Mr. Park warmly received him in the living room.

Yong Hwa was even more surprised when Mr. Park nodded at his butler then all of a sudden there were maids on their way in serving them tea.

“I’ll go upstairs.” Shin Hye said but her father immediately protested.

“No. Stay here for a while. We have a guest to attend to.”

Shin Hye looked at her father with disgust and sat beside Yong Hwa at their comfy sofa while her father sat on the other one.

“So, where have the two of you been?” Mr. Park said before taking a sip of his freshly brewed tea.

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa looked at each other, hinting to make a cover. They want their parents the last people to know about their deal of course, because they are the ones pushing for the marriage.

“We just uhmm…” Yong Hwa was again in his stammering mode. His skills in coming up with excuses was absent right now because if ever, he would lie to a very influential person, or worse to his father’s best friend.

“We went out to have dinner.” Good thing Shin Hye was able to pick him up.

“Mmm… I see. It’s good to know the two of you are getting along well now.”

Fortunately, Mr. Park easily believed them. He was just happy to know that the two of them are having some time together, thinking that it will increase the chance that the two will develop feelings for each other.

***

The next day, there was still no math class and so Shin Hye was again at the library. She went to one of the shelves to get a book located at the very top of the shelf. She was in her tiptoes to get the book when she suddenly twisted her ankle. Good thing someone was there to catch her before she could fall to the floor.

“Gwaenchanha?” the guy asked her, still holding carrying her in his muscular arms. She can clearly smell his perfume and it was very familiar to her. She remembered the scent when her first kiss popped out to her mind. She looked at him with wide eyes when she confirmed it was him.

“Yong… Hwa? What are you doing? I’m fine I can stand up…”

He touched her ankle to check for injuries and she let out a high-pitched ouch.

“You’re sprained. Let’s go to the clinic.”

Then he carried her, princess-style. Everyone was looking at them as if they are watching a romantic movie. They are really eye candies everywhere they go.

“Aww… Yong Hwa oppa is so sweet. I really envy the snow queen.” one girl student said.

“They’re just... perfect.” the other one said.

***

The nurse looked really alarmed when she saw the two of them. She immediately attended to her, partly because she is the campus princess.  He laid her down to the bed so that the nurse can check her out. He looked really worried for her.  He stood beside her, his hand holding hers which they both are not aware of. The nurse noticed their physical contact.

“So the rumors were true. Kekeke. You’re so sweet to your fiancée.”

“Andwae!” They both said in chorus, with red faces. When they realized they were holding each other’s hands, they quickly removed it.

The nurse chuckled as she gently massaged Shin Hye’s ankle then put a bandage.

“Anyway, you’re fine Shin Hye. It was just a sprain but you can walk now. You can go back to your classes now.”

Despite what the nurse had said, Yong Hwa still helped her walk when they went out.

“Gwaenchanha. You heard what the nurse said.”

She was about to remove his hand on her waist but he squeezed her hand.

“Shirro! Let me be a gentleman to you… and a friend.”

Yong Hwa didn’t let her go and so she didn’t argue with him anymore. As usual, all eyes were on them as they walk, as if they are celebrities.

“So, where am I going to take you?”

“Let’s just go back to the library.”

They were walking slowly because Shin Hye was walking in claudication.

“Ok. You’re quite short that’s why you sprained your ankle. Kekeke.” Yong Hwa was measuring her height to his.

“I knew you will just insult me after this…” Shin Hye pouted at him. He laughed at her because she looked really cute.

“I see… you could act cutesy and pout like that, huh! Kekeke. I was just kidding earlier. Good thing it’s not that serious.”

She punched his tough biceps.

“Is that how you will thank me?”

“Fine. Gomawo.”

“What? I can’t hear it.”

“Gomawo.”

“Louder.”

Shin Hye held his ear and shouted,

“GOMAWO!”

“Aish! It hurts my ears!”

“It’s your fault. By the way, why were you there earlier?”

He put out a newspaper from his backpack. Shin Hye’s eyes widened when she saw a photograph of their kiss last night with a caption,

“Daughter of Mr. Park Jun Ho of Park Shippings shares a kiss with the son of Mr. Jung Yoo Sang of Jung Electronics.”

“Uh oh. We are in great trouble.” She said as slapped her forehead.

“Looks like circumstances are getting tougher for us.” Yong Hwa was shaking his head.

“We are so dead.”

“Looks like you only have two choices right now Shin Hye-ya. Kekeke.”

“And what are those?”

“I’ll be your husband… or be my wife. Kekeke.”

“Aish!” She said as she hit his arms again. He didn’t mind. He was just having fun seeing her irritated at him and all. It was no surprise for him.

“By the way, Appa gave me these tickets to this play, ‘West Side Story’. He told me to give one to you.”

He handed her the ticket from his bag.

“Why are you giving this to me? How about your girlfriends or flings or whatsoever?”

“I haven’t been dating anyone since the engagement issue came up. Besides, girls are scared that you might get angry if they snatch me away from you, snow queen. Kekeke.”

“Why should I be? Tss! Do we really have to go?” Shin Hye is not fond of going to plays and all, so was Yong Hwa.

“It was from my father so… I don’t really think we have a choice.”

“Arasseo. Let’s meet at the theatre, 6pm. Don’t be late.”

“You’re the one who’s always late.”

“Excuse me? We only met once at the restaurant.”

 “You were late also last night.”

“How did you know?”

“I was outside, checking you out.”

“Are you stalking me? Huh!”

Shin Hye became suspicious towards Yong Hwa.

“No! I’m just following my dream.” Yong Hwa brushed off the tension as he winked at her.

She just shook her head and laughed.

“You’re like my teeth. I can’t smile without you.”

She said to herself, but Yong Hwa seemed to hear it.

“Mwo?”

“Nothing. I said you’re friends might already be looking for you.”

“I heard it. You can’t smile without me, huh? Kekeke.”

“I’m just kidding ok! You’re not the only one who could throw mushy lines.” Shin Hye goes in her defensive mode again.

“You know how pickup lines too huh! You will never beat me.” Yong Hwa stuck his tongue at her.

“Childish.”

And they both laughed as Yong Hwa was still helping Shin Hye walk to the stairs.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

So I uh... updated because I don't know when I will have the time to write this fic because school will start tomorrow. My dreaded classes are about to start in less than 24hrs. T.T Btw, I took this subject named Koreyano 10, which is about Korean Language. I hope I will be able to learn new words so that I can share it with you. This is the only subject I am excited for so far. I have 3 economics classes, 1 geography class and 1 psychology class. Hope I'll do great this sem. 2 more years and hopefully I will be able to graduate college as an Economics major. Wish me luck! :) Ok. I talk too much. Hope you enjoy this chap. Have a nice day chingus! :)