Sweet Revenge

Searching for The One

“That was totally hilarious, hyung! You could write it down as your ‘most unforgettable moment’ in someone else’s slumbook. Kekeke.” Jung Shin was laughing for minutes now with Jong Hyun and Jung Shin.

“Aish! Will you stop laughing?!” Yong Hwa was still pissed about the turnout of events.

“You dated a GAY, Yong! Kekeke. Nice one! Looks like someone got trolled!” Jong Hyun continued to .

“It’s not funny.” Yong Hwa sounded really irritated by his friends’ reaction.

“IT IS, hyung! Kekeke. You really found your match! She’s not just an ordinary girl. She’s really interesting.” Min Hyuk said with pauses because he couldn’t contain his laugh.

“I know. Oh well. Past is past. I still have to find a date for her. Who’s it gonna be?”

“Don’t worry, hyung. We’ll help you.” Jung Shin said with a grin then winked at him.

***

No math classes because Joo-sonsaengnim is out for an out-of-town seminar. As usual, Shin Hye was in the library boring herself with books when someone seated in her desk and faked a cough. She almost glared at him when she realized she shouldn’t.

“Hello your highness!”  Yong Hwa said as he snatched the book away from her hand.

“Give it to me.” She said nonchalantly.

“What if I don’t?” Yong Hwa was teasing her.

“I’m pretty sure that that book is not of your interest.”

When he looked at the book, he realized it was a math book so he immediately handed it back to her.

“You still hadn’t explained to me what happened last night.” Yong Hwa got a hold of her wrist when she had her book back. Everyone’s eyes in the room are on them. Shin Hye quickly removed his hand from hers.

“First of all, it’s not my fault. Secondly, I don’t really feel the need to explain things to you.”

“Of course you owe me an explanation because YOU ARE MY FIANCEE.”

“NOT YET.”

“Ok. Forget about that. I’M YOUR FRIEND. And friends don’t treat each other that way.”

“Oh well. I just asked someone to find a date for you so I didn’t really have any idea who was being set up for you.”

“I don’t really think you can ask someone. Oh well. Who is that someone you asked? And, haven’t you thought that I’m ONLY looking for a GIRL OR LADY OR WOMAN just by reading my checklist? I thought you’re a smart girl. But it turns out that you aren’t.”

“It’s not important anymore. What’s important is that you were unharmed. Don’t act as if you’re a victim because you’re perfectly fine. And by the way, not all beautiful, feminine and y people are girls. They can also be GUYS DISGUISED AS GIRLS. Bapo.”

Shin Hye doesn’t want her cousin to get involved with her business with Yong Hwa and so she didn’t tell him it was Dara.

“Unharmed? Huh! My ego was hurt! You’re really out of your mind! Anyway, go to that restaurant, 7pm also.”

“Arasseo, ego booster.”

***

Shin Hye is not the type of person who waits so she came to the restaurant 30 minutes late. Her date was already there.

“Annyeong Shin Hye-ssi. My name is Sam Woo Shik.” He acted like a true gentleman and offered her to take a seat. She just bowed.

Shin Hye acted formally in front of him. Just by looking at him, you can already tell he is a bookworm because of his thick glasses—someone who is a tough candidate for standard number one: smarter than her.

He looks like an ahjussi already. But, might as well give him the chance. Looks can be deceiving.

She was about to take a sip of her favorite coffee when he suddenly spoke,

“Did you know that coffee contains this alkaloid named caffeine which is considered as a mild stimulant that excites our nervous system, making us more alert that’s why people drink it if they still have to do some work but already feel sleepy. However, caffeine is suspected to be one of the causes of serious illnesses like cancer.”

Shin Hye was quite taken aback by his words, slightly pushing the coffee away from her.

“Don’t worry. There were still no studies to prove its harmful effects so rest assured.”

Shin Hye felt a relief. As she uses the table napkin to gently wipe , he spoke again,

“Cotton.”

“Excuse me?”

“The table napkin is made of cotton. It was actually the last natural fiber to be of importance until a guy named Eli Whitney invented cotton gin, a machine that separates the cotton from its seeds. From then on, cotton became the most popular fabric because it’s cheap, common and easy to grow.”

She just forced to make a smile in front of him. She’s not liking the whole situation. As she was about to have a taste of the restaurant’s soup of the day, the guy was looking very closely to the spoon.

“Hmm… silver spoon! But this is actually not 100 percent silver. Only 92.5 and the remaining 7.5 percent I just copper.”

“Uhm… Mr. Sam, if you’ll excuse me I just have to call someone.”

“Oh ok. Wait. Is that an iPhone 4S?”

“Ne.”

“I see. 5th generation of iPhone, with an 8-megapixel cam, HD, with an internal memory of 512 mb. Really techy. It was just really in our country November 11 last year. Actually, in its first three days from its release date in the US, four million units were already sold…”

Before he could continue, she already turned her back to him, went to the restroom, locked the door, and dialed Yong Hwa’s number. She was fuming.

“Waeyo? Was it good?”

“Finally! My ears got to have a rest for a while. He’s one heck of a walking-talking encyclopedia! I told you to find someone smarter than me, not SUPER SMARTER than me. He’s been talking nonstop. I want to make him swallow my table napkin for him to stop.”

“Well, you should have made it clear before. Kekeke. Now, DEAL WITH IT.”

***

Shin Hye’s date was now talking about how cows’ meats were processed into graded A beef steaks that were served in their plates when Yong Hwa came and grabbed Shin Hye’s hand.

“Let’s go.”

“What are you doing with my date?” Mr. Sam asked Yong Hwa.

“Snatching MY FIANCEE away from you.” Yong Hwa said confidently, his hands were intertwined with the startled Shin Hye.

“Is it true, Shin Hye-ssi?”

Her date’s eyes was looking for Shin Hye’s negative answer. Shin Hye was still in a state of shock because of Yong Hwa’s presence so Yong Hwa answered for him.

“You don’t believe it?”

Yong Hwa then crushed his lips to Shin Hye’s.

Shin Hye wasn’t able to protest or do something because she was just surprised by his action. Her eyes were still wide open after the kiss. It was her first kiss. Yong Hwa winked at her then smirked at her date.

“See? Now excuse us please.”

The two left Sam Woo Shik and the people at the restaurant in shock as they headed outside and rode to Yong Hwa’s ostentatious car.

It took Shin Hye a couple of minutes to process what just happened. She looked at Yong Hwa who was smiling while driving. She wanted to ask him about the kiss but she can’t. She didn’t know why and when to start. Yong Hwa realized she was looking at him.

“Gwaenchanha? You’re cheeks are burning red.”

But Shin Hye didn’t answer. She just looked away and stare at the windows.

“Wait… Are you… blushing?? Don’t tell me you’ve already fallen for me! Kekeke.”

“I AM NOT.” Shin Hye said defensively while she is slapping and pinching her cheeks.

“I know. I’m just kidding. I’m only trying to take out your old self again. It’s so not you. You look like blank, like nothing is on your mind. You’ve already told me several times that I’m not your type… and maybe will never be.” He started concentrating in driving but still wears a smile, but weaker than earlier.

Shin Hye was speechless. She felt a twinge in her chest when she heard him said those words. She has never experienced this kind of feeling before.

What is this feeling? It’s weird.

Finally, she gained courage to talk to him about the incident.

“Thanks for saving me from a disastrous date.” Shin Hye let out a short laugh then smiled, a genuine one—a smile that he had never seen before. He knew that she was being sincere with her words.

“No problem. Let’s just call it quits. Besides, we’re friends now, right?”

Yong Hwa said with his toothy smile.

 “And we’re here. Home sweet home Shin Hye-ya.”

“So… How many girls have you kissed, huh? Must have been that many that you felt comfortable when you kissed me earlier.” She asked him before she stepped out from the car.

“Actually, you’re… the first. “ Yong Hwa said with one hand on his nape.

Shin Hye was surprised. She didn’t expect that Mr. Playboy hadn’t kissed any girl yet.

““How about you? Have you kissed a guy before?”It’s ok if you don’t want to answer.”

“You’re also the first.” Shin Hye said then gulped.

 “So I guess we are each other’s first.”

They both shared faint laughs.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating lately. I'm having this semi-writer's block again. Shocks. Mianhae. Also, I'm still living my life in enjoying my last days of summer vacation. School will start in Wednesday. T.T Hope you'll like this chap. :)