Getting Obvious

Searching for The One

 

Something important? Tss! Maybe he’s just  going to look for Eun Hye, the ’next  top model’ of our family. Yeah right. She has it all—looks, body and manners. Yong Hwa must have found her ideal girl… and it is Eun Hye.

Shin Hye let out a deep sigh as she was walking with Soo Hyun which he quickly noticed.

“So, where have you been?” Soo Hyun stopped in front of her which shifted her attention.

“Mwo? I’m just here, walking beside you.”

“It’s because your mind must have gone somewhere else… or maybe someone.”

Shin Hye was surprised to hear that from him. He talks to her casually, as if they’ve already known each other for a long time. She was just staring at him. He smiled.

“I’m just kidding. I was only worried that you might bump into a post because you’re not focused on the way.”

She bought his joke and laughed.

“Mianhaeyo.”

“Gwaenchanha. We’re here.”

Shin Hye’s memories came running back to her as they are entered the restaurant where she fought with him, where she had made an agreement with him, where she shared her first kiss…with him.

“Andwae!” She said to herself as she shook her head but Soo Hyun seemed to have heard it.

“Waeyo? You don’t like this place?” Soo Hyun said out of curiosity.

“Ah… aniya! I just remembered something. Gwaenchanha. Don’t mind me.” She smiled at Soo Hyun to reassure him that she’s fine.

***

Soo Hyun is a film major, then he must have watched My Sassy Girl already. Not only that, he is a consistent honor student ever since. He only had a girlfriend once and it lasted for a very long time… He must be also faithful…. aigoo… looks like she has already found her man and it’s… Soo Hyun.

Yong Hwa was in deep thoughts as he walked away from the DVD store where he saw Shin Hye and Soo Hyun getting along very well. He lied to them. He was really going nowhere. She is actually the reason why he entered the store in the first place. He was about to visit her in her house when he saw her car is going somewhere. He just saw Soo Hyun there by accident. By the way Soo Hyun looks at Shin Hye, he knew that from that very moment, he was interested in her. And to him, it was good… It should be good.

His wandering mind went back when she saw a woman crossing the street carrying bags of groceries. He ran to her and helped her. To his surprise, it was Eun Hye.

“It’s you Eun Hye-ssi. Annyeong!” Yong Hwa said as he got most of her grocery bags leaving her with only one.

“Oh! Yong Hwa-ssi! We meet again! Thanks for helping me.”

“Gwaenchanha. You must have been tired. These are quite heavy for you to carry. If you don’t mind, I’ll give you a ride home.”

“No need . I would actually like to walk. It’s a form of exercise, you know? Kekeke. Our house is just a few blocks away. I can manage.” Eun Hye said with politeness.

“I insist. Besides, we live on the same street.” He put her groceries to his car’s compartment.

“Ok, if you say so.” She finally agreed. Yong Hwa opened the door for her. She sat beside the driver’s seat.

“Eun Hye-ssi… want to have lunch?” Yong Hwa said with a friendly tone.

“You’re harmless, right? Kekeke. Just kidding. Ok.”

***

Yong Hwa entered at the restaurant where he set a date with his ‘potential ideal girls’, including her, the one whom he shared his first kiss. He didn’t know why he brought himself there again, this time with another girl.

Suddenly, a man’s voice shouted Yong Hwa’s name. He looked to see who it was. The guy walked towards them.

“Yong Hwa-ya! You’re here too, eh! So, is she… your prior commitment? Kekeke.” Soo Hyun said teaasingly as he patted Yong Hwa’s shoulder.

“Aniyo! Keunyang yeojachingu isseo. (She is just a girl friend.)”

“Ah… keurae?” Soo Hyun sounded still unconvinced.

“She looks like Shin Hye.” He added.

“I’m her cousin, Yoon Eun Hye. Manasseo pangapseumnida.” Eun Hye answered courteously and bowed her head a little.

“Kim Soo Hyun-imnida.” Soo Hyun slightly bowed his head.

“Sorry sir but we don’t have available seats for now.” The waitress accommodating them said.

“Wae geurae?” Yong Hwa said as he pouted.

“You look like a boy whose lollipop was stolen. Kekeke.” Eun Hye let out a chuckle.

“Jinja?” Yong Hwa said with a laugh.

“It’s ok. They can share seats with us. We still have two empty chairs there.” Soo Hyun said as he pointed to their table. Shin Hye was pretending to look at other directions while drinking her coffee. Yong Hwa looked away immediately when he caught sight of her.

“Kwaenchanha. We can just go to another place…” Yong Hwa was about to turn his back when Soo Hyun put his arms on Yong Hwa’s shoulders and dragged him to their table. Eun Hye was behind them.

“Annyeong Shin Hye-ya! Long time no see. How have you been?” Eun Hye said as she sat across her. Soo Hyun was sitting beside Shin Hye, Yong Hwa beside Eun Hye.

“Annyeong. I’m fine.” Shin Hye said nonchalantly.

As the two were talking to the waitress to order their food, Soo Hyun noticed Shin Hye is being quiet.

“Kwaenchanha?”

“Ne.” She answered with half-smile.

Soo Hyun doesn’t want to ask her anymore thinking that she might already get annoyed.

Since the restaurant reminded her of their agreement, Shin Hye used her chance to ‘test’ Soo Hyun if he could be… her ideal man.

“Soo Hyun-ssi… are you a smart student in class?” Shin Hye was of course kind of shy or asking him that question because it is something that is not normally the type of question being asked by a girl who just met a guy. He laughed at her question’s absurdity but he quite knew what she was trying to imply.

“Waeyo? Are you looking for a… smart guy? Kekeke.”

Yong Hwa’s eyes widened.

She must be testing him now.

Shin Hye was speechless, she was regretting of asking him because he already knew what she was up to. But he answered it anyway.

“For me, being smart is something that is not just bounded by the four walls of a classroom neither it is measured by how many awards you have gotten, but it is our experiences that we learn more. Just like what people say, experience is the mother of all wisdom. To answer your question, I don’t really think I’m already smart enough because I know I still have much to learn.”

She didn’t expect that kind of answer. She thought that Soo Hyun will definitely brag his achievements, if he has any. She listened to him, every word.

Just by talking to Soo Hyun-ssi, I can tell myself he’s really smarter than me when it comes to experiences. Soo Hyun has substance. Unlike HIM.

“Wow! Very well said.” Eun Hye said then clapped her hands shortly.

“You asked like he is a candidate for Miss Universe!” Yong was teasing Shin Hye but she didn’t mind him. She looked at him shortly and pouted then looked away.

“Have you already had a girlfriend before? Or even now? You know, I don’t want random girls to pull my hair…”

Shin Hye was faking her reason about the pulling of hair thing, she just wanted to ‘test’ his faithfulness.

“Right now, I’m single. If this one’s considered a date, then I’m dating you.” Soo Hyun winked at her.

“Aish! Just answer me seriously.” Shin Hye said with her arms crossed like a brat.

“Ok ok. Easy. I had one. It lasted for three years but then we broke up because I found out she cheated on me.” He said while his hand on his nape.

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“You’re getting overboard Shin Hye-ya. Tsk tsk.” Yong Hwa was teasing her again. She did the usual.

“Kwaenchanha. That was a long time ago. Besides, I already moved on. I’m officially single… and ready to mingle. Kekeke.” He told her confidently which made her hit his shoulders.

“Ouch!” Soo Hyun was rubbing his shoulder.

“Sorry. Was it that hard?” Shin Hye caressed his shoulders.

“Aniyo! I tricked you Shin Hye-ya! Kekeke.” He said laughingly. She hit his shoulders again, harder this time.

“Omo! You look cute together! Kekeke. Right, Yong Hwa?” Eun Hye remarked at their actions.

“Ah, ne.” Yong Hwa’s answer sounded half-heartedly.

“You must be really getting along well. Good thing you can take Shin Hye’s poisonous tongue and ice cold personality! Kekeke.” He said that half-meant.

Shin Hye gave him the unbelievable look. He looked jeering at her.

“Aniyo! She was just being frank and all. I actually like her transparency.”

Soo Hyun’s answer gave Shin Hye a reason to stuck her tongue at Yong Hwa. He just crossed his arms because he knew wouldn’t just let it pass. She ain’t done with him yet. It was her turn to avenge for herself.

“Eun Hye eonni! Did you know that Yong Hwa uses mushy pickup lines to win a girl? Despicable, right?”

“Jinja? Let us hear some Yong Hwa-ya! Kekeke.” Soo Hyun cheered for him.

“Yeah! I want to hear it too.” Eun Hye said. Yong Hwa wasn’t able to resist. Shin Hye rolled her eyes at them.

“Are you Google”

“Waeyo?” Eun Hye asked.

“Because you’re all I’ve been looking for.”

Soo Hyun looked at Yong Hwa in disbelief while Shin Hye was shaking her head with the ‘tsk tsk’ sound… until Eun Hye spoke.

“I liked it. I didn’t know you pickup lines can be really mushy! Kekeke.” Eun Hye said and made thumbs up sign at Yong Hwa. Soo Hyun and Shin Hye’s jaws dropped. Yong Hwa smirked at Shin Hye.

“Mianhaeyo. I think I should get going now. Bye. It’s nice to meet you people.” Shin Hye said as she stood up and bid goodbyes to them. Yong Hwa was about to stand up when Soo Hyun grabbed Shin Hye’s hand.

“Wait. I’ll take you home.” Shin Hye slowly removed his hand. Yong Hwa was staring at them and she knew that. She can feel his eyes boring her body but she resisted on looking back at him.

“No need. My driver’s already outside.”

“Uh… arasseo. I’ll just walk you until you get to your car. I’ll go now also.”

“Ok.” She said half-smiling.

Soo Hyun paid the bill of the four of them.

“Chal isseoyo. I hope we’ll meet again soon Yong Hwa-ya, Eun Hye-ssi.” He said then walked behind Shin Hye as they went out.

“Chal kayo!” Eun Hye and Yong Hwa greeted back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Another early update! Yay! :) I was inspired to write a new chap because today is mommy's birthday! Kyaa~! I bought a bouquet of flowers and a cake in the mall right after my class ended. She was really touched because it was her first time receiving a bouquet. Daddy is not the type of romantic guy that's why I made the move. T.T Happy reading chingus! Hope you like this chap. Btw, Yoon Eun Hye is Chae Gyung, the princess in Princess Hours. :)