For Real

Searching for The One

 

Shin Hye was back in her usual cold self again. It was his father’s birthday that night. They held it at their mansion, which looked really much of a classy hotel. Everyone looked really elegant and rich. All of them are happy dancing and talking with each other, except for her. She doesn’t want to mingle with them. As Eun Hye and Yong Hwa arrived together, she hid herself. She doesn’t want him to see her look miserable.

They look like they enjoy each other’s company a lot. Tss! Forget it. Forget him.

She was just standing in a corner, holding a glass of champagne. As soon as Dara found her, she went to her and hugged her.

“Don’t wear that sad face Shin Hye-ya! It’s your father’s birthday today! We should celebrate!” Dara said thinking it might cheer her up.

“Don’t mind me. I’m ok. Don’t bore yourself standing here with me.” Shin Hye said coldly.

“Aigoo! You’re not ok. If only you were brave enough to tell him you like him then this might not end up like this.”

Shin Hye didn’t say anything. She looked even more down as earlier.

“Mianhae Shin Hye-ya. I just had to be honest with you. Truth will set us free, right?”

“Ara.”

One of their cousins, Yoo Chun, approached them and patted their backs.

“Hello young ladies? How have you been? And… what’s that look in your face Shin Hye-ya?”

“Aish oppa! Your hands are heavy!” Dara hit his muscular arms.

“Look who’s talkin! Anyway, Shin Hye-ya, Eomma wanted to meet your fiancé. What’s his name again… Yong… Hwa?”

Shin Hye’s eyes widened and looked at Dara, who smiled weakly at her.

“Oh! There’s Jae Joong and Jun Su! I gotta go first and meet my buddies! See ya later!” Yoo Chun said before he left the two girls.

Shin Hye waved at him then glared back to Dara.

“You have some explaining to do… again.” Shin Hye said as she crossed her arms.

“Mianhae Shin Hye-ya. I also told him before I knew that your engagement won’t push through.”

Shin Hye slapped and forehead because she remembered him again.

“It’s really a waste that you and Yong Hwa didn’t end up with each other. You’ll be ok Shin Hye-ya. Get over it. Make yourself busy.” Dara suggested her.

Shin Hye just shook her head and walked away.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to breathe some fresh air. There are a lot of people here.” Shin Hye said without looking back.

***

She was at the balcony, looking at the stars. It looked the same just as when they had their dinner together… their first kiss… and their talk the night before. All of their memories came rushing back to her. She felt those emotions again… jealousy, love… and pain. She couldn’t take it no longer to herself. For her, this is the right chance to blurt it out, in front of the trees, the sky, and the moon. They are her only witnesses.

“Was I really too late? Am I not beautiful like Eun Hye? People even say we can be twins... Am I not y? I do believe I’m not fat at all. Besides, I don’t eat much… Am I not feminine? If I am not, I can be. Waeyo? Does he want girls who are not smarter than her? What about our first kiss? Doesn’t it have any meaning to him? Wae keuraeyo? It hurts so much when I heard him say that he wanted to cancel our engagement. I should be happy, right? Since I was the one pushing him away at first. I love him. I have come to love him. Why can’t he… love me too?”

She was covering her face with her hands. She doesn’t want anyone to see her miserable, not even the blowing wind caressing her back.

“That’s exactly why I can’t love you.”

She stopped sobbing, but her hands were still on her face.

It was him, the one she dearly love—Yong Hwa.

He was already standing behind her. He turned her around, and uncovered her face.

“I can’t love you because you can’t see that I love you… because you have always been hiding.”

She was shocked by her presence. He hugged her tightly, she is just standing still. Realizing she didn’t hug her back, he released his hug.

“Waeyo? Is there something more you need to tell me?” He said as he wipes her tears.

She shook her head and cleared his hands from her face.

“You! How long have you been there?”

“Long enough to hear your confession.”

Aniya! You must have gotten it the wrong way! I was just… those were just lines from My Sassy Girl. You got it wrong Yong Hwa-ya…”

He looked at her in disbelief as he crossed his arms.

“Liar. You were full of emotions while saying those words. It can’t be just a movie line.”

“Wae? What do you know about those lines?” She crossed her arms too.

“Because I’ve watched it myself.”

Yong Hwa said boldly. Shin Hye was surprised again by his words.

“Wait… what? you? it’s not your type…”

“Yeah it’s not my type. But I watched it anyway... so that I can at least qualify in one of your checklist.”

He said without looking at her in the eyes. She was still confused.

“But…”

 She wanted to ask him more questions but he shut her up by pressing his lips on hers. They were full of passion. After the kiss, it was as if they were both intoxicated by it.

“I love you Shin Hye-ya. I love you too.”

He hugged her once again. This time she finally hugged him back. But after a moment, she released her hug.

“What about… Eun Hye?”

“What do you mean?” Yong Hwa was clueless by her question.

“She’s your ideal girl right? I thought you’re already with her.”

“She’s just a friend. She told me she likes me.”

Shin Hye’s eyes widened. All of a sudden she thought of pulling her cousin’s hair.

“I know what you’re thinking silly head! She said she likes me… for you. That’s all.” Yong Hwa said as he pulled her closer again for another kiss. But Shin Hye covered his mouth.

“We’re not done yet. Why do you have to cancel our engagement?”

“It’s because I thought you are already going out with Soo Hyun.”

“WHAT?”

“Yeah. I just knew that you were not when I asked him last night. I’m a fool.”

“You’re a fool Yong Hwa-ya! Yong choding!” She said as she pinched her nose. He didn’t protest. When Shin Hye released her pinch, he continued.

“But what I told you at the restaurant were true. I don’t want you to be forced to marrying me because I thought… you don’t love me.”

Shin Hye crossed her arms, pretending she was angry.

“Who says I do?”

Yong Hwa just laughed.

“After all the drama and tears earlier! Kekeke. I heard it right from you that you love me. And I love you too Shin Hye-ya. I can’t imagine saying this but, I’ve already found the one, and it’s YOU.”

He kissed her again, she reciprocated it then opened so they can go deeper.

Yong Hwa broke the kiss and asked her,

“So… will you marry me… for real? Because I want to date you.”

She just smiled and leaned closer to him for another kiss, a kiss that meant a thousand yes.

The ring came after they broke the kiss. :)

 

"Meeting you was a fate, Becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over"

...and it was true for our couple. 

_____________________________________________________________________

And that’s all for Searching for The One. I hope you enjoyed reading my fic! The reason why I already posted the final chapter because this is my birthday gift to our chingu Director-Smiley! Kyaaa~! HAPPY HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY CHINGU! I wish you the best, especially the success of your fic, My Dangerous Love. Goodluck on your studies!

Thank you to all those who read, commented and subscribed! See you in my next YONGSHIN fics: Keep Calm, I Love You, a one-shot sequel of The Angel Who Saved Her Heart, and Love Trauma, a full-length yonghwa-shinhye-jonghyun love triangle, right after I post my one-shot.