The Search is Over

Searching for The One

While Yong Hwa was jogging around their street, he was thinking of what Shin Hye said yesterday. He didn’t come to his mind that there must be something behind her rude attitude towards others. Now he was able to understand where she is coming from and he respects it. She had never understood how important it is to have someone to lean on, as a lover, or even just as a friend. She uses this as her wall so as not to be hurt—despite her cold attitude was a vulnerable girl inside. That’s why he had decided.

He stopped jogging when a girl walked passed her. Looking at her side view, she really looked familiar to him. He also remembered that the girl in his mind had the ability to walk faster than him. She was skinny with a very fair skin. She was wearing a casual dress and a pair of slippers that fit perfectly on her. Although she looked really casual, her presence still stands out from all the other people on the street. To confirm his thoughts, he ran to her.

“Shin Hye-ya! Wait!”

The girl turned around as he tapped her shoulders. But he was wrong. It wasn’t Shin Hye but another girl. She was startled to see him.

“Uh, Choesonghamnida. I’ve mistaken you for someone else. You do really look like her.”

The girl smiled and said,

“Kwaenchanhayo. It’s nothing. Wait, did you just say… Park Shin Hye?”

“Ne. Waeyo? Do you know her?”

“I’m her cousin from her mother’s side. Che ireum eun Yoon Eun Hye-imnida. I’m quite older than her.”

Yong Hwa then remembered how his father remarked that Shin Hye really looked like her mother.

No wonder why they have quite a resemblance. They are relatives.

“Ah, keurae? She never told me about you.”

“Oh I see. That’s not surprising. Shin Hye is not a story-teller type. Kekeke. You already who I am. Now it’s my turn to ask you. Who are you… and who are you to her?”

“Cho neun Jung Yong Hwa-imnida. I’m her… friend.”

“Oh! Never heard that she already had one. A friend or… boyfriend?”

Yong blushed at her teasing question. He felt a little embarrassed which Eun Hye quickly noticed.

“Uh, mianhae. I was just kidding.” She let out a laugh.

“Ah, kwaenchanha.” He said while he put one hand on his nape.

“Pangaweoyo Yong Hwa-ssi. Tto mannayo! (See you again!)”

Eun Hye said as turned back and continued walking from him.

***

Overnight, Shin Hye was still thinking Yong Hwa’s question about watching the movie with him. She hadn’t slept that much because it kept on running on her head.

She saw this DVD store while staring at the windows of her car. She told her driver to stop there and wait for her. Her phone rang just as she stepped out of the car.

“Yeoboseo?”

“Shin Hye-ya, you won’t believe this but I just met your cousin, Yoon Eun Hye-ssi. She really looks like you. Kekeke. She’s really beautiful and y and very ladylike.”

“Ah, Eun Hye eonni, the so-called Venus of our clan. My mom, Yoon Mi Hye, and his dad Yoon Ji Hye are fraternal twins.”

“Ah, keurae? You can be sisters actually.”

“Jinja? You’re not the first one who said that. Anyway, I have to go. Bye.” Shin Hye said uninterestingly then hangs up the phone.

Just as she entered the store, she immediately saw the one she was looking for, located in the best seller section. She just stood up in front of the rack holding the DVD, still indecisive if she will buy it or not. Because of this, she wasn’t able to notice that there was already someone behind him.

“Hmm… My Sassy Girl, the number one in ticket sales of all time in our country. Nice choice.”

Her attention shifted to the man’s voice. He was a guy in his early 20s, quite the same age as hers. He has a clean-cut ebony black hair, thick eyebrows, calm eyes and curved lips and is quite taller than her. He was in his casual clothes—denim pants, chucks and a white v-neck t-shirt. He was wearing headphones in his nape. She looked at him with wrinkling brows, from head to foot then looked away, as usual, then back at her decision-making mode, but the guy was not moving.

“Still haven’t watched that? Tsk tsk. Seriously, you’ve been missing a lot.”

She looked at him again but this time, with a surprised look in her face. The idea of her ideal guy popped in her head.

Could it be that… he had already watched this movie?

“I’ve already watched this several times. I just… I just…. lost my copy so I’m here to buy another one. Waeyo? Have you… watched this too? This is definitely not the type of movies that guys like you will watch… because it’s dreamy and touching and most of all, it believes in destiny.”

He was quite taken aback by her words but much to her surprise, he leaned closer to her, their faces are just inches apart.

“Wae? What do you think are the type of movies that I will watch?”

She was just staring at him, analyzing his next move. But then, she realized that their closeness was too much and so she looked away, quite embarrassed. went out of words.

“Tss. Forget it. I must not talk to strangers.”

He let out a laugh at her absurd reaction.

“Easy there. I’m harmless, ok? Kekeke. I already watched that a couple of times too. Besides, no rule said that straight guys can’t watch this movie. Not only that, I also watched several movies with the same genre as this. I’m a film major that’s why and I appreciate this type of movie. You may not believe this but… I also believe in destiny.”

He said while his hand on his nape as he said the last sentence. She was indeed impressed by his talking. He reminded her of her late brother.

“Ah, jinja? Sorry for the remark earlier. I shouldn’t overgeneralize guys. I just remembered someone who didn’t dare to watch this movie.”

They both laughed. The guy smiled at her and extended his arm, hinting for a handshake.

“Kwaenchanhayo. Cheo neun Kim Soo Hyun-imnida. Pangapseumnida.”

She received his hand. It was warm.

“Park Shin Hye-imnida.”

His chinky eyes became even narrower when he heard her name, but his hand is still shaking hers.

“Park… Shin Hye? Have we met before? Your name seems very familiar to me.”

Shin Hye was trying to recollect her thoughts but none reminded of him.

“Mianhae. Maybe you’ve mistaken me for someone else. This is just the first time I met you… I think.”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right. Wanna have some… coffee?”

Before she could answer, someone shouted Soo Hyun’s name. It was a man’s voice… which also called Shin Hye’s attention.

“Soo Hyun-ah! I know I’ll find you here. Looking for DVDs again, eh? Kekeke. Oh! Mianhae. She wasn’t able to show up yesterday.”

The voice became clearer as the guy walked towards their direction.

“Kwaenchanha Yong. I just watched it anyway. The play’s not that bad at all.”

Shin Hye looked to confirm her thoughts and it was apparent that she was right.

“Oh Shin Hye-ya! You’re also here. Kekeke. What are you buying?”

“DVD, duh?! It’s none of your business anyway.”

Soo Hyun was startled at the two talking.

“You two… know each other?”

“Ne. Wae? You know each other too?” They said in chorus.

“Oh! Soo Hyun-ah, she is supposedly your date last night. This is Park Shin Hye, my classmate… and friend. Shin Hye, this is Kim Soo Hyun, he is a childhood friend. He just transferred from our school just a week ago.” Yong Hwa said as he put his arms on her shoulders, which she cleared immediately.

“I already met him.” Shin Hye said flatly.

“Ah, geurae? Yeah, I remember now. That’s why I told her earlier that her name sounds very familiar to me.” Soo Hyun said as he scratched his head.

“Before I forgot, I was just asking Shin Hye if she could have some coffee with me. Do you wanna come with us, Yong?”

“Soo Hyun-ssi… I have to…”

“C’mon Shin Hye-ssi, I wouldn’t take no for an answer. Please?” Soo Hyun was pleading for her not to refuse. Unable to think of an excuse, she just nodded shyly.

“Arasseo.”

Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa, who also looked at her but he immediately looked away then smiled at Soo Hyun.

“Mianhae. I can’t. I still have to attend to something…” He said as he shook his head.

“Aww. That’s too bad. Can’t it be helped?”

“Aniyo. This is quite important. Don’t worry, I’ll make it up to you next time. Promise.” He had his right hand raised to reassure him.

“Your treat, ok? Kekeke.”

“Ne. I better get going.”

“Chal kayo! Tto mannayo. (See you again.)”

“Chal isseoyo! Enjoy each other’s company.” Yong said then winked at Shin Hye before going out of the store. She just stood there unable to bid goodbye to him in return. She was curious of what his wink meant.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay! Updated earlier than expected. Whew! I never thought I could have the luxury of time to write this chap. I even did nothing this weekend except for sleeping, eating, watching TV and repeating these three. *clap clap then sighs* Kekeke. I just realized that I've already read enough chaps from my books. (It's because I read in advance. My profs are quite scary. They just call our names even though we are not raising our hands. T.T) Just today, we had a spelling bee in my Korean class, and our pair got 2nd place. T.T We almost got 1st place if not for the spelling of computer in Korean. We wrote Khomphyutheo instead of Kheomphyutheo. T.T

Thank you for all the support and encouragement chingus! :))