DEAL with it

Searching for The One

 

“This will be the last time that you will roll your eyes on me, Park Shin Hye!”

Yong Hwa is now fuming. He really hates the idea that a girl is rolling her eyes on him. He takes it like an insult to his manhood. Shin Hye is now the one who tries to play it cool.

“Waeyo? What if I’ll do it again? Are you gonna hit me or something?”

“No. But… I MAY NEVER CANCEL OUR ENGAGEMENT ANYMORE. What do you think?”

She was taken aback by his words. Of course, she doesn’t want that to happen… for now.

“Fine. I’ll never do that again. Tss. It’s no big deal!”

“IT IS. You’re the first girl who ever did that to me.” Yong Hwa was still mad but not as angry as earlier.

“Should I be proud or something?”

“No. Just shut up.”

She almost rolled her eyes on him but she remembered what he said. All she could do was look down on her cup and sip her coffee. Yong Hwa grinned as he looked at her.

Looks like I am the only one who could tame you. Good dog. Kekeke. She looks really pretty if she’ll always act like that towards me. That would be less problematic to me and to our families.

“So, back to my question… what is your ideal type?”

“Why do you have so much interest in knowing the type of guy that I will like?”

“Because… because…”

“Ya! Stop stammering!”

“Because I have an idea!”

“Speak.”

“Maybe our parents just wanted us to marry because we both haven’t found our true loves yet. What we are going to do is to look for them before we get married. If we are lucky enough to find them, then maybe they’ll have second thoughts on dismantling our engagement because they will realize that we don’t really feel the love towards each other. I’m gonna help you find yours and you’ll help me find mine.”

“Hmm… sounds really a good idea. I didn’t know you can think of such with your simple mind.”

He looked at her with poker face.

“I don’t know if I would take that as a compliment but thank you. So, are you in?”

“Fine.”

***

After minutes of writing down their top3 characteristics that their ideal types should have, they finally exchanged papers. Yong Hwa’s eyes widened as he reads Shin Hye’s checklist.

“Looks like we’re really going to get married because of this!”

“And why do you think so Yong Hwa-ssi?”

“This guy would be really hard to find!”

He then reads the paper out loud and commented on each of the characteristics she had written.

I want a guy who is:

1. Smarter than me.

“That is impossible! You’re the top student of the school!”

“Then you can find in other schools, or other cities, or even other countries, idiot.”

“Yes Ms. Brainy.”

2. Someone who has already watched My Sassy Girl.

“This is really funny! Why on earth did you write this one?”

“That’s none of your business.”

“It is because I will be the one looking for your Mr. Right! If that’s how they call it. Do you think a guy ever watched this movie?”

“That’s the obvious reason why I wrote that. I want not just an ordinary guy.”

“Too Mushy. I won’t watch it.”

“No one tells you to! And look who’s talking! Aren’t you the one telling those MUSHY pickup lines with your girlfriends?”

“FOR YOUR INFORMATION PARK SHIN HYE-SSI, Movies and pickup lines are entirely different.”

“Fine. I’m tired of arguing. If that’s what you say.”

3. FAITHFUL.

“Whoa! You really have to put it in big letters, huh?”

“Because it’s the most important trait of the three qualifications.”

“OK. OK.  I get it. It’s not me.”

“If you’re already done reviewing my requirements then let’s take a look at yours.”

Shin Hye then reads his checklist. She found it hard at first because of his handwriting.

“Your penmanship .”

“Just read it!”

I want a girl who is:

1. Beautiful.

“That shouldn’t be a question.”

“Proceed.”

2. Feminine.

“You have such high standards for an ordinary guy like you.”

“Mwo? Did you just call me ordinary?!”

“YES YOU ARE. I thought you already got it earlier from my criteria. You’re not my type because I want not just an ordinary guy.”

“Aish! OK! You win!”

3. y.

“You’re a total indeed.”

“FOR YOUR INFORMATION AGAIN, y is not just about the figures of a girl’s figure. iness can come from the mind.”

“Fine.”

“It’s a deal, Shin Hye…ya.”

He extended his hand which she received expressionlessly.

“Deal. Yong Hwa…ya.”

“Friends?”

She had a long pause before she replied.

“Fine. Friends.”

***

Shin Hye finally got home. As usual, his father was sitting in their living room’s cozy sofa.

“You’re back.”

“Ne.”

She just walked passed his dad and went to go upstairs but before she did, her father finally spoke.

“So… are you in for the wedding?”

“I’ll think about it.”

“At least you didn’t say no. Then, I still have a chance.”

“Whatever you say, Appa. I’m tired. I’m going to sleep.”

She kissed his father’s forehead. Even though she shows everyone that she is the unemotional type, she still has her own little ways to show her affection especially to her father.

***

It was another day for school and it so happened that both Yong Hwa and Shin Hye arrived at the school at the same time.

“Annyeong Shin Hye-ya!” He said with his utmost smile.

At first, she looked at him with curiosity then she remembered that she already agreed to be friends with him.

“Annyeong.”

She greeted with straight face then walked passed him.

“Hey wait!” He speeds up so he could keep up with her steps.

“Wae?”

“Friends do not leave each other behind.”

“So?”

“Let’s walk together.”

“But you are walking with me right now.”

“Walk a little slower. I’m not a track-and-field athlete you know!”

“Shirro! That shouldn’t be a problem to you. You’re the guy so you should be the one who could easily keep up.”

“I’m not the athletic type ok?”

“That’s not my problem anymore. Now get your up so we won’t be late.”

It’s natural for Shin Hye to walk fast because she’s used to walking alone with no one to talk to. As they reached the room, he was panting and she turned to him.

“Here. I have a hand towel. Wipe your face. It’s sweaty.”

“Thanks to you!”

They laughed. Unlike their usual talk, it seems that the two of them have already gotten along well now. It’s already normal for them in talking like that with each other.

As they walk inside, there go confetti and party poppers. When they looked at the board, there is a “CONGRATULATIONS SHIN HYE AND YONG HWA!” greeting written there. The two looked at each other with confusion.

“What’s this all about?” Yong Hwa asked in no particular person.

“It’s for your engagement! Kekeke.” Jong Hyun tapped his friend’s shoulders.

“You two make a perfect pair! You’re gonna be the hottest campus couple ever!” you giddily said.

“Will somebody tell me who started this? Who told it to you?” Shin Hye’s temper is rising.

Everybody pointed their fingers to Dara who was there too even though she’s not part of the class. She gave her a weak smile.

"Hello Shin Hye-ya... Kekeke..."

Shin Hye gave her the “You are so dead” look.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the keeping you wait for a long time. Anyway, long wait=long update. Kekeke. I hope you guys liked it. I have been away from my laptop these past few days because I'm living my life to the fullest until classes begin, which is next week. I'm not enrolled yet. Probably tomorrow. Kekeke. Hope you like this chap chingus! :)