Getting to Know You

Searching for The One

 

“Ehem! So…you have any plans today?” Mr. Park sips his coffee in front of a luxurious breakfast.

“Just tell it to me straight Appa before I could say no.” She told him as she slowly munches her bread.

“Aish! I’m caught again! Ok. Come with me later in the office.”

“Arasseo.” She said as if she didn’t mind answering her father.

***

“Yong Hwa! What have you been daydreaming of? We’re already here. Get out of the car now.”

“Ah… arasseo.”

He was absentmindedly following his father and along with their bodyguards as they walked through the building, even nodding his head with the music in his earphones. They finally stopped to a door. Before they entered, his father removed the earphones and spoke,

“For God’s sake act like a grown up Yong Hwa. Even just this once. Don’t take this as a joke. Everything is at stake here. Try not to lose your head this time.”

Before he could react, his father already turned his back to him and entered the room. He saw a man, quite the same age of his father, and warmly welcomes them.

“Good morning! Long time no see Yoo Sang!”

“I know. It’s because I’ve been too busy with the business. It’s been what? Months? Years?”

They let out a manly laugh as they shake each other’s hands and tapped each other’s shoulders.

“So, is this your son now? Whoa! He is a handsome man! He must have inherited your genes very well. Annyeong Yong Hwa! I’m Park Jun Ho, your father’s best friend.”

“Annyeong hasseyo!”

Yong Hwa said with a bow. He didn’t expect that the man will be as welcoming as that. He felt really comfortable talking to him.

 “You look really perfect for my daughter! I hope you two get along well in school. I heard you already met each other.”

“Mwo?”

Wait. Did he just say Park? Could it be that… he is Shin Hye’s father? Aigoo! Maybe I’m just thinking too much. There are a lot of Koreans with a name like that. Maybe it’s just a coincidence.

Yong Hwa was confused with what he was talking about until someone knocked at the door and entered.

“Jongseohamnida Appa. I’m bored waiting so I just went outside to buy some coffee.”

“Shi… Shin Hye-ya?”

She looked at him and bowed. She did the same to his father.

“She’s really pretty! But Jun Ho-ya, you don’t look alike though. She resembles her mother more. Kekeke.”

“Ya! She looks like me too! Anyway, let’s sit down first. We still have to discuss something.”

“Uh oh. This is really serious.” Yong Hwa said to himself.

“Well, Yoo Sang and I have been best friends since high school and he was actually the one who lent me the money to start this company. I owe him my success.”

“Don’t say that Jun Ho. It’s only the money that I used to help you, but it was all your hard work and dedication that brought you and your company to being the best shipping company in the country.”

“But still, thank you. Anyway, instead of paying him the money that I owe him, we made an agreement that would further strengthen our businesses and our friendship…”

“So you’re arranging a fix marriage for us?

“You’re really smart Shin Hye! And by the time you get married, the merger of your father’s company, the Park Shippings and our company, the Jung Electronics will follow. I hope that you’ll both cooperate with us. It’s for your own good.”

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye looked at each other curiously, one estimates the next move of the other. Shin Hye glared at him as if she was saying “Don’t give me the wrong answer” then Yong Hwa winked at her and smiled to them and said,

“Arasseo.”

The remaining three couldn’t believe what he just uttered especially his father. He was really shocked because this was the first time that his son submitted to him without the two of them having a tough argument. His heart was filled with joy. Shin Hye’s eyes widened.

“How about you, my daughter?”

She didn’t answer. Instead, she stood up, grabbed Yong Hwa’s hand and went out. Mr. Jung ordered their guards to follow the two. Mr. Park just acted coolly.

“C’mon Yoo Sang! No need to do that. Youngsters are like that. Besides, we should just let them have time to be with just the two of them.”

***

Yong Hwa didn’t ask her what she was doing. He just followed her, her hand still on his. When the two of them realized that the guards are chasing them, they ran as fast as they could. They rode a taxi to escape from them.

They were panting really hard. They could even hear each other’s heart beats. It even beat faster when they both realized that their hands are intertwined. They removed it quickly as if it was their reflex.

“Phew! They’re already gone!” Yong Hwa offered high-fives with her which she easily accepted. They both laughed at each other.

“Wait, you still have explaining to do.” Shin Hye was back to her cold self again.

“You’re really different from the other girls I know.” Yong Hwa told her. She just smirked then looked away.

***

It was the same restaurant where they had shared their dinner last night. The two just ordered their usual drink. Shin Hye let out a sigh before she spoke.

“So, why did you that?”

“What?” Yong Hwa was acting like an innocent child.

“Why did you agree?” Shin Hye’s voice is raising.

“Oh c’mon Shin Hye! As if we have a choice!”

“Well we have and you picked the wrong one!”

“No. Actually, I do really think I chose the interesting one! Kekeke.”

Yong Hwa is still playing it cool while Shin Hye’s temper is close to boiling.

“Interesting? If this is a joke for you, then for me it’s NOT. Now let’s go back and tell them we don’t agree with it.”

“After what we did? NO. All the running stuff earlier will go for nothing. Besides, I don’t have any plans in taking back what I said. I’M A MAN! And true guys take their words seriously.”

“Like really? I don’t think the word SERIOUS is part of your vocabulary at all Mr. Playboy! Whatever. You’re just scared of your dad!”

Yong Hwa shifted to seriousness.

“I AM NOT! I just did that to avoid the long arguments that we will be having because I know that in the end he will still win because he is my father. But a bigger part of it was because… I wanted to get to know you more.”

“Well, like a said you’re not my type and I don’t think we’re destined for each other.” She said with dignity.

“Destined? Don’t you think we’re still not destined since our father has become the best of friends?! And whoa! Since when have you been believing about that, huh? So, what’s your ideal type Snow Queen? And by the way, just to clarify things, me wanting to know more about you doesn’t mean I have already fallen for you! I just said you’re different because you’re cool. Don’t assume anything beyond that. AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION YOU’RE NOT MY TYPE TOO. You have so much confidence in yourself.”

He crossed his arms and glared at her. She just rolled her eyes on him.

______________________________________________________________________________________

How have you been chingus! Kyaa~! Mianhae for not updating lately. Didn't have the time to type it here in my laptop. TT.TT Please bear with me. Let me know if you liked this chap! :)

By the way, have you heard of the yongshin fic, The Lost Prince? It was my younger sister's work, pattyflor. You can have a look at it by clicking the title. I hope you support her too just like what you did to me. Gomawo! :)