VIII

BY MYSELF ♣ I say my love ,send away my love

FLASHBACK
two weeks ago

 

That day, when her unconscious body fell into Chen’s arms, he felt as if hundreds of knives stabbed him at the same time and his heart stopped its beats. He didn’t care about anything but her at that time. He didn’t care if his whole act will be discovered and of course, he couldn’t care less about Joo Ae who was clinging on him, asking him what the hell he was doing.

When she was transported to the hospital he stayed with her all along and didn’t leave her side all the time she was laying on the hospital bed, asleep. Never has he seen her that weak. The Sooyeon he knows was always healthy and bubbly. Now, her face was as white as a ghost’s.

« Jongdae… may I talk to you ? » a woman in a long white blouse asked him.   Actually, he was too worried to even pay attention to anything but the unconscious girl and that’s why, he didn’t even notice the woman coming in. He just nodded silently and followed her outside.

 

« What do you want ? » he asked her coldly once they reached the rooftop.  He refused to look at her, not even once. If he did so, he feels like he’s going to break everything down. He tightened his fist and gritted his teeth when she approached him and sat next to him. Breathing the same air as hers was becoming hard. Yes indeed, he hated that woman who took everything away from him. He hated her to the core.

 

« Sooyeon… she’s not okay Jongdae-ah. That silly girl is acting as if everything is okay but it’s not. Even though she’s hiding everything from me and smile widely in front of me as if she’s living the happiest moment in her life, I know it is fake. I know that she’s crying herself to sleep every night and... » the woman sighed as she put her head in her hands. When he saw her shoulder shake, he knew she was crying. Usually, being the nice guy he was, he would have comforted her with gentle words but as an image of his mother in a crying mess flashed pass him, he couldn’t help but feel great about the woman’s cries and misery. Was he cruel ? Yeah maybe, but he was sure that none of it could equals with the pain his mother, his sister and himself had to go through because of this woman. She had crumbled their peaceful family into piece.

 

« Why are you telling me that ? »
« I know you care about my daughter Jongdae. Since the day you two broke up, she has been living like a dead person. Her eyes don’t even have that sparkle anymore, they’re everything but alive. I just can’t stand it seeing her hurt like this. » she sobbed, making his smirk widen even more even though his heart ached as he heard her speak about Sooyeon.

 

« What do you think my mother must have felt then ? » he  smirked at her, looking into her eyes for the first time with a defying look. Her eyes widened as she had finally understand the reason of his sudden hatred against her and her daughter.

 

« H-how did you know ? » she stuttered.
« Do you think I’m an idiot ? That bastard sent you flowers every ing days. Every night he would be waiting here until you get off of work and send you home while my mother’s at home waiting for her husband until 3AM to eat and then go to sleep. He didn’t care about anyone but you. That coward chose you over his family… You… do you know what my mother and my sibling had to go through because of you ? My mom freaking left us without a word after the divorce and my sister had been so sick that she’s in the hospital for a whole month now ! How do you expect me to continue dating Sooyeon when her mother is the one who destroyed my entire family ?! » he had lost it and was now yelling at her as a few tears of frustration ran down his cheek. Great, now he was crying like a lost child… well it wasn’t really wrong. He was lost and didn’t know what to do anymore.  

 

« Jongdae… I swear I didn’t do anything at all. Every time your father came to me, I have always ignored him and refused everything from him. Believe me. I admit, I’m at fault, I’m wrong but please don’t hurt my Sooyeon anymore… she didn’t do anything wrong ! She didn’t do anything but love you with all her might. I know you resent me but please don’t take out your anger on her. »

 

Chen had enough. He stood up suddenly, ready to get out of her sight but he felt her grip onto his jacket. « Don’t let me be a bad mother whom had destroyed her own daughter’s happiness… I beg you. » but he just shook her off and continued to walk away. « It’s too late. »

« It is not ! But… It might be soon so… Jongdae ! » he was too stubborn to listen to anything more.

Unknown to them, Kris whom had came to visit Sooyeon as soon as he heard about her and accidentally eavesdropped the whole conversation.

 

« I heard everything back then Chen. » Kris sighed as his friend stayed silent. « You know, you should have just told me everything. Friends are there for you and you need them the most. You fool. You’re just hurting even more just because you want your revenge. Will it make your mom come back ? Would it make your sister heal faster miraculously? »  

« Shut up. I knew you would say that, that’s why I didn’t tell you. » he mumbled.
« Come on. Your mother loves Jihae and you so much, she didn’t abandon you. I’m sure it’s because everything was too sudden and she just needs to take a break from everything. She will come back. You sister will get well soon too… I mean did you see her ? She’s always so full of energy. Even I can’t beat her. Your revenge won’t get you anywhere Chen. It made you lost even more than what you thought you already lost. I know it’s difficult but hey ! You still have Jihae, EXO and me ! Trust me buddy, your mom will come back soon. »

« But it’s too late Kris. Sooyeon’s gone anyway. » he said lifelessly as his tears came back to life as Kris patted his back gently. « We’ll find her soon, I promise. That stupid girl at hide and seek anyway. It’s just a question of time until we will find her. » he attempted a joke despite the seriousness of the situation.

« You… you see her as more than a friend right ? »  
Kris didn’t see it coming and was taken aback by the sudden question. Not knowing what to say, he just stared at Chen as if he was crazy. How the hell did he know ?
« Come on. Really Kris ? You can cut out that freaking act now Wufan » that jerk… he’s turning his own words against him. As he was about to protest, Chen interrupted him.

« I think I saw it coming since the beginning. The way you looked at her when I called her to come over our table the first time at the cafeteria. I’m such a terrible friend aren’t I ? Even though I knew about your feelings, I still chased her until the end. I don’t even deserve a best friend like you…»
« You’re selfish. But without that, you wouldn’t be Kim Jong Dae. The Kim Jong Dae who’s my best friend. It doesn’t hurt as much anymore so don’t worry. As long as she’s happy, I’ll be too. »

A comfortable silence settled down between the two.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

« You know you sounded really cheesy with the whole best buddy thing ? »

 

 

 

★彡 FINALLY ! I'm sorry, I wish it has more depth but I really don't know how to express it well ;w;
Thank you for your support ♥ Feel free to comment hehe ^^  
Oh and yeah... I couldn't help myself but let the trolling Chen out at the end XDD 
ps: I didn't proof ead it yet... I'm so lazy and tired so I'll do it later é.è彡★