Mom

Melodies and Memories

Yonghwa rushed to the police station. The events from earlier did not leave his mind of course, he actually felt a heavy feeling in his heart like something has been unanswered and something was supposed to happen but it did not.

“Sir! I’m Jung Yonghwa. Where’s Minhyuk?” he asked anxiously as he approached the police desk.

The police eyed him and pointed a bench where Minhyuk was seated. He was slightly injured.

“Minhyuk ah!” Yonghwa approached him.

“Hyung!!!” he said and came to him.

“What happened? Did you get in to a fight?”

“Hyung! I was riding a motor for delivery when I got into an accident with a lady on her motorcycle as well.” Minhyuk explained he was very anxious and guilty.

“Huh? Where’s the lady? Is she fine? How about you? Are you alright? Let’s go to the hospital!” Yonghwa was very worried by now.

“She just left. I don’t know I’m fine hyung. Thanks.” he smiled a little. But he realized something.

“Hyung, what about the wedding?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Joo Hyun ah." her mom called.

"Omma." she replied.

“Sit here.” Her mom calmly said then patted the space beside her signalling Seohyun to sit beside her.

Seohyun sat down. “Omma. What’s wrong?”

“Hmm, Joo Hyun ah.” Her mom was sad but calm. It seems like she have done something wrong.

“Omma, you look pale. Are you in pain?” Seohyun asked worriedly.

Her mom cupped her face. “You’re also pale Joo Hyun ah.” Her mom stared at her with a gush of guilt.

Seohyun gave her a questioning look. “Should I re-touch my make-up again? I just got there, omma”

Her mom shook her head. “I know. Joo Hyun. I know.”

Seohyun just nodded. Okay. Does she mean that she knows that Seohyun have been retouching her make-up for several times. What does she know???

“Omma, let’s get ready. I think the ceremony will start” she uttered then stood up. Her mom was acting weird in fact she’s supposed to be happy right now. This wedding is what she wanted.

“Joo Hyun ah. I know you’re in pain.” Her mom suddenly said that made her paused from walking.

She looked back at her mom. Her mom stood up and cupped her cheeks.

“Joo Hyun ah. I heard it all. I heard everything.”

FLASHBACK (Chapter 4 and 5):

Seohyun’s mom noticed that her daughter suddenly disappeared so she went to look for her.

She went to the make-up room. Seohyun could possibly be in there.

As she went there she saw her pretty daughter just got inside the receiving area (the room where Yonghwa is) she smiled and slowly approached it.

She was supposed to open the door when she heard a melody playing.

Nice song.

She was about to enter but she suddenly heard her daughter's voice.

“Yoong! I missed you I really missed you!”  She was crying.

Her mom let out a curious expression.

Yoong? Miss?

She felt her heart crumble. What does this mean?

She did not plan to listen to their conversation but her feet just won't move an inch. She was frozen on her spot and even more frozen when she heard her daughter in a hysterical tone.

“Where have you been? I’ve been trying to contact you and everything! I didn’t mean to let you go and hurt you that way. I’ve been regretting it the whole time.”

Regret?

Her mom was having a difficult time to understand what she was hearing. What does this mean?

There was a silence in the room. Her mom decided to get in but as she slowly opened the door. She paused. She peeked on the small opening. Her heart was in terrible pain to see her daughter like that.

Seohyun was supposed to hug the unknown man but got caught on her wrists.

She closed the door and remained on her spot still frozen and in shock.

“Yoong, are you still mad at me?”

“I know I was wrong back then but I have regret everything and realized that I made a great mistake.”

There was silence once again.

Her mom slightly felt relieved. She was a bit okay to the fact that the guy is not saying any harsh words. When suddenly.

“Uhm. Miss, may I know who you are?”

My poor daughter.

NOTE: Her mom heard everything until Chapter 5 only.

END OF FLASHBACK

“Omma, what do you mean?” Seohyun eyed her mom curiously.

Her mom held her hand and started to tear.

“Omma.” Seohyun uttered anxiously.

“That wedding singer. That guy. You’re in love. Joo Hyun, I heard everything but I don’t understand it but I do know you’re in pain.”

“Omma.”

Her mom squeezed her hand.

“Joo Hyun ah, you don’t need to do this wedding anymore. I want you to be happy.” Her mom let out a light smile.

“Omma, this is your wish.” Seohyun said feeling guilty and sad. She did not expect her mom to be considerate. Actually, Seohyun was not feeling bothered that her mom find out in fact she’s been feeling really bad for the past two years not being able to share this to anyone. It was very painful.

“My wish is my daughter to be happy.”

Seohyun smiled.

“But omma, he left. He left without any word. I don’t where he is.”

“Find him. Go anywhere. Your heart will bring you to him.” her mom let out an encouraging smile while squeezing her hand.

Seohyun gave her mom a warm embrace.

“Omma, thank you.”

She was glad that her mom is. Hmm. No words can describe her mom but the word perfect. Without any further explanations her mom just called off the wedding just like that? She obviously cares about her daughter’s happiness. Well, Seohyun’s mom actually blamed herself about her daughter’s pain and she has to do something to make her happy again. So when Seohyun left she took care of everything regarding the cancellation of the wedding.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for waiting for me! I really appreciate it a lot. This fic will end really really soon. I just have to cope up wih my schedule in school. I'm fully loaded >< 

 

Please do leave your comments ^_^ Thanks you all, I love you all! <3

 

KimNaYoung~