Bus Stop Again

Melodies and Memories

As Minhyuk left Yonghwa took his seat still opposite to Seohyun. At this point Seohyun was able to stop her tears from falling but her heart was still in pain.

“Seohyun ssi. Please explain everything to me. I want to understand you.” Yonghwa blurted out. Seohyun looked at him longingly. She smiled a little her eyes were swollen.

“Follow me.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seohyun led Yonghwa to the bus stop where they last seen each other. It was definitely not a good memory but this time Seohyun would turn that upside down.

It was 6:30pm and the bus stop is still not occupied maybe only a few but they instantly leave once the bus arrived.

They both sat down. Yonghwa was following Seohyun. He looked around.

Yonghwa wondered and things were battling in his mind.

This is the bus stop from my dream.

“Uhm, why here?” he asked.

“Yong. Hmm. I can call you Yong right?” Seohyun calmly asked.

Yonghwa just nodded. Does he have a choice?

“Minhyuk said you had a car accident. Don’t you really remember anything? Hmm. Don’t you remember this place? Don’t you remember me?” Seohyun asked in a flash. She was desperate for answers but of course she asked in a slightly calmed manner. She’s Seohyun – the calm, innocent, pure lady.

“This place. Someone threw me papers in here. It was a girl. She also left me alone. Sad. This place appears in my dreams all the time.” he answered trying to seek answers in his mind.

“Yong, would you believe me? Would you trust me?” Seohyun uttered. She wants to make sure that Yonghwa will take her words seriously. But she is sure Yonghwa will and he had always been…

“Of course.”

It doesn’t seem like Seohyun is the type who’ll fool someone. She even had her wedding cancelled.

“I will trust you because I think you can help me. And I thank you for that”

Seohyun smiled bitterly. She needs to tell him everything. She wants to tell her side. She wants to let him know everything. Although it may confuse him even more but she thinks that this will clear things up.

“Yong, I’m the one who threw you those papers. I’m the one who left you alone. I’m that girl. That girl who caused you pain” Seohyun started to cry once again.

Yonghwa’s eyes widened. Her revelation made an impact on him.

“We’re a mistake so I’m breaking up with you! And here’s your song! I don’t need that.”

That was actually her. Seohyun.

One thing was cleared to him but the rest was still vague.

 “Yong. I’m sorry. I only did that because I thought my mom’s dying wish is for me to get married to their business partner’s son. I felt pain to see my mom suffer that’s why. But Yong. Believe me. It was only you that I loved until now. My love never changed.” Seohyun managed to say. She was crying.

Yonghwa can’t deny that there’s a light sting in his heart but it seems like his confusion keeps on blocking him from feeling anything. Or maybe denial makes him this way. It seems like he just want to live like this. No memory. No past. It’s simple.

He stared at Seohyun with pity. Seohyun stared back with face full of yearning.

Yonghwa cupped her face and wiped her tears with his thumb.

“Yong.” She uttered with a cracked voice.

“Stop crying. I believe what you say. I understand you.” He softly uttered while looking straight into her eyes.

Seohyun felt happy at the same time anxious. What could possibly be the end of this???