The Tragic Break-up

Melodies and Memories

 

Today was Seohyun and Yonghwa’s 13 monthsary. They have been dating for 1 year and 1 month strongly.

They met 1 year ago during the wedding of Seohyun’s cousin and Yonghwa was the wedding singer, within the melodies of hearing Yonghwa’s song, Seohyun found love which Yonghwa on the other hand felt the same. Then they decided to date each other secretly.

Since Seohyun was from a rich family and Yonghwa was just an orphan and a wedding singer it is certain that their love is forbidden so Seohyun did her best to hide this from her family especially to her mom who wishes her to be married to the son of their closest friend.

But when Seohyun’s mom got diagnosed of cancer last month and wishes for her to get married soon her strength vanished right away and her love for Yonghwa was being questioned by herself. Being the obedient and loving daughter she made a decision that changed everything…

Yonghwa and Seohyun were walking hand in hand going to the bus stop they just come from their long date in celebrating their 13th month together. Seohyun was gradually getting nervous in every footstep she was holding tight on the pieces of papers that Yonghwa gave to her earlier.

Recall:

“Yong, where are we going?” she asked while being dragged by him in a music shop.

“Music shop” he simply answered with a grin on his face. Seohyun chuckled after seeing that grin.

Yonghwa stopped when he spotted a piano then took a clear book from his bag then flipped the pages.

He started playing notes then sing. Seohyun was not familiar with that song but she was smiling up to her ears. The lyrics were so sincere it seems that he has composed a song for her again.

After he finished the song Seohyun clapped her hand then smiled at him. He smiled back.

He took the pieces of paper out of the clear book then handed it to her.

“Here, I’ll give it to you Hyun. It’s a gift” he said with a shy smile.

Seohyun blushed then took the paper from him.

Love Light

End of Recall

Ever since that Yonghwa gave that to her she has been holding it. This might be her first and last time to see the lyrics and hear him sing this song.

Once they reach the bus stop they both sat down on the bench. Yonghwa reached out to her hand again but she shrugged it off then stood up.

He was confused by her actions so he also stood up then grabbed her hand but again she shrugged his hand.

“Hyun, what’s wrong?” he asked really worried.

There was a moment of silence. They both stood up not even moving a hand or what Yonghwa was worried that he will add up to her temper if he kept on holding her.

Seohyun turned around to face him he smiled while Seohyun’s expression was very cold.

“Let’s break-up”

His eyes amplified in shock. This moment never crossed his mind not even once.

He let out a dry laugh “Hyun, what’s wrong? Did I made a mistake? I’ll promise to change my flaws just don-----” he was cut off.

“Stop it!” she screamed. She can’t hear these things anymore it’ll only hurt her more to see him begging for her. She can’t afford to see him this way.

“Hyun.” He blurted out softly and tears are threatening to fall from his dark brown eyes.

“What’s wrong?” he added

She faced and looked straight into his eyes. “What’s wrong??? We’re wrong! Our relationship is a mistake! Our love is a huge mistake!!! Can’t you see that?!?! I’ve been lying for 1 year to my parents how can you not know the mistakes we’ve made?!? We’re wrong our love is wrong.” She answered everything in a flash with a very harsh tone just like how a mom lectures her naughty children.

“Hyun, I---” he manage to say a few words before tears started to fall. He was sobbing and was waiting for her embrace but it turned out even worse.

“We’re a mistake so I’m breaking up with you! And here’s your song! I don’t need that.” she strongly uttered then threw the pieces of paper at him and walked away.

But before she was able to walk farther she felt a pair of arms encircled on her waist.

She paused on her spot her heart was aching if only she can turn away from her mom’s dying wish but she can’t she loves her mom she loves her parents but she also loves him and that’s the biggest conflict of all.

“Hyun, please give me another chance. I’ll do my everything just to be the best for you please? I can pretend that this thing didn’t happen. I can. Please just don’t leave me. You’re my only family you’re the only one who loves me… please Hyun!” he begged while holding her waist tightly he was sobbing hard and he was desperately begging her to stay with him.

The tears that she was holding back finally flow it was a great thing that he can’t see her crying. Her heart felt a deep pain. How could she even leave him? An orphan like him who was left by his parents when he was young and had no choice but to live on his own is once again reminiscing the past because of this break-up. She clearly knows that Yonghwa needs love and accompaniment but she had no choice she has to be consistent on her decision.

She released his grip then faced him. She looked at him then wiped off his tears.

“Goodbye.” That was her last word to him before she walked away and rode a cab.

Yonghwa felt very weak after a year of experiencing love he never thought it would like this. Without clear reasons and further explanations he was abandoned once again.

Little by little he walked going back to the bus stop he knelt down and pick up the pieces of paper from the ground. He placed the paper near his chest.

He stood up and tried his best to go home after the traumatic break-up how can he possibly move on accept her decisions if he was clueless about the reason behind this.

Tears continue to flow in his eyes he can’t help but regret. Why didn’t he catch up to her? Why didn’t he just knelt down and beg or why didn’t he just embrace her tight so that she can’t escape? The answer was unknown for Yonghwa…

His mind was in the air and it seems like he let an important piece of him be lost just like that and he still cannot process the things that just happened.

Absentminded, he crossed a pedestrian without even looking at the spot light that was colored in green.

He slowly tilted his head after hearing the sound of a horn which he thought was just a part of his imagination. He was about to walk back but it was too late everything happen so fast. He got hit by the approaching car.

All he heard was the sound of glass cracking and a loud thump sound. He landed on the floor still holding onto the pieces of papers and blood just leaked everywhere.

 

In just a blink of an eye only their melody was left.

 

Hi subsribers/readers :) This was really a long update and I rarely do this I hope you like the first chapter :) Please leave your comments <3

 

KimNaYoung~