Wrong Choice, Eunhyuk Pt.1

Perfect Ending

Junho was walking along a row of shops. For the past few days, he had been avidly searching for a job, not just for his own good, but of course, also to show off to Hyoyeon and win her approval.

Then, he got a phone call.

“Yoboseyo,” he answered. There was a tentative silence on the other hand.

“Your girl, is with us right now. You better come or I don’t know what will happen.”

Junho knew that voice. It was his gang-chief’s right hand man. Wait. His girl. HIS GIRL. Hyoyeon! She was in danger. But where was she? He grabbed his own hair in frustration as he tried to think of every possible place that they could take her; all their hideouts, secret spots etc.

 ----------

Hyoyeon

I opened my eyes slowly. My vision was blurred, but it slowly returned to normal. Okay, I am inside a dirty warehouse which has so little light and almost not enough air, with ropes on my wrists and ankles. My heart started to beat faster. Why? Why would anyone do this to me? I tried hard to recall the last time I could possibly have offended someone…

Eventually I gave up. I figured it would be better trying to get myself out. I thought I was lucky that none of my kidnappers had come for me yet. With my fingers, I probed around and found my phone in my pocket. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. With great difficulty I finally pulled it onto the floor, and I dialled ‘1’ which was my speed dial for Eunhyuk oppa.

----------

Junho hit his head hard! What better place to start with than their headquarters! It was a rusty, dilapidated and abandoned warehouse right at the far end of Seoul. Almost no one knew about it. He prayed hard that he would be right and ran there immediately without thinking for a moment.

 ----------

Eunhyuk was speeding along the highway when his phone started buzzing ferociously. He got irritated. What could be disturbing him while he was on his ever so important mission? He grabbed the device and saw that it was a call from Hyoyeon.

Ah…it’s only Hyo. He thought to himself and threw the phone to the backseat.

 ----------

Please pick up, oppa…Hyoyeon begged. The call held for a really long time. After repeatedly trying, Hyoyeon finally gave in to the fact that whatever the case, Eunhyuk was not going to answer the call. Following the instinct of a person who has been kidnapped, she scratched the ropes around her wrists against a nail she found on the wall.

As if in an answer to her silent prayer, the ropes came loose…

~

Junho arrived at the warehouse he had been so familiar with. Without ado he raced up the stairs to the ‘meeting room’. True to his guess, there in the room, with a mighty smug on his face, was the chief, with two others at his side.

“Hah, Bum was right, you came.” The familiar raspy voice spoke, in the air hung an uncomfortable cloud of tension.

“Where’s Hyoyeon?”

“Why are you so impatient. We didn’t hurt her, I’m telling you.” The chief, unlike Junho was extremely calm.

“Well what do you want from me? I’ve got nothing. Take my life if you must.” Junho answered naïvely.

The chief chuckled.

“How can we kill you? Ha-ha. It’s you that we want. You.” The chief grabbed Junho’s cheeks and held it hard.

“Don’t you see? We need you to help us get rid of the police. It wasn’t very loyal of you to ditch us and leave us in danger, WAS IT?” The chief’s voice grew louder and angrier. “Come back, and I’ll let her go.”

Junho knew that he was right. He weighed the pros and cons of the situation. If he refused, Hyoyeon would die for sure. If he rejoined, Hyoyeon would never forgive him. But what if they break their promise and kill her after that? Junho felt like hiding in a ground and avoiding the situation.

“So?” The chief’s booming voice demanded.

Junho nodded, so subtle a nod that almost no one could see. But it was enough for the chief.

A contented smirk crept onto the chief’s lips. “Take him to her,” he instructed the two guys on his side. They nodded knowingly.

~

Hyoyeon had finally gotten the ropes on her legs untied. Suddenly she heard a key being put in the lock. Before she could manage anything, a man came in. Her eyes widened in fear.

“Going somewhere, ?” The man shouted and started running towards her.

Hyoyeon took to her heels. She grabbed some boxes and threw it at the man to stall him. She discovered to her relief that there was another exit behind the pile of boxes. Without hesitation, she pulled at the handle and it opened. Outside, Hyoyeon discovered that she was on the roof top of the warehouse.

“,” the man cursed as he struggled to get on his feet. He chased her ouside.

~

At this moment, Junho and the two men entered the scene and saw the mess.

“HYOYEON!” shouted Junho and, to the two men’s surprise, broke free from their grasp, then lounged towards the exit, with the two men in pursuit.

 ~

Outside, he saw that Hyoyeon was being cornered by the chief’s assistant. She was shaking, and pleading with the man to let her go. Then suddenly she caught sight of Junho, and screamed out for him.

“Hyo! I’m coming, don’t worry! Junho shouted while running towards her. Unknown to him, the two guys from earlier had chased him out and had flipped out pocket knives to attack him.

The chief’s assistant took advantage of the situation. Quick as a flash of lightning, he flipped out his own pocket knife and brought it to Hyoyeon’s throat. Somehow he even managed to pull her onto the low parapet that separated the roof from the ground, four storeys below. Hyoyeon screamed with all her might.

Once Junho had taken care of the two men (whom he assumed were noobs due to their poor fighting skills), he recklessly flung himself towards the third man and pulled his leg down. He pounced on him, and in the chaos, the knife that the man was holding sliced into his own body, rendering him unconscious within seconds.

Just then, another scream pierced through the air.

Hyoyeon!

Junho sprung towards the parapet and tried to grab her, but it was too late. He watched in shock and disbelief as he watched her fall, helplessly, to the ground.

________________________________________________

Hellooooo! Was this chapter exciting? Sorry I know my describing skills are not very good D':

And although there are not many replies but I've decided that the end shall be Onew and .................... Taengoooooo!

See you soon! Thanks for supporting!