Two Guys, One Girl

Perfect Ending

Taeyeon held the piece of paper on which Eunhyuk’s address was scribbled. She wished she had not rejected Eunhyuk’s offer to bring her to his home. Suddenly a voice said,

“Miss, are you looking for a place?” It was a man who looked a little older than her, and with brown, highlighted hair and a friendly smile.

“Oh yes, I need to get to this place…”said Taeyeon and showed the man the paper. She noticed the man looked confused at first, and then he seemed to have understood something and said, “Okay, let’s go!” So they started walking together, in silence.

 

 

 

“So, uh, I guess you’re Eunhyuk’s new colleague?” Onew made a smart guess, and he spoke first because he did not like the awkward silence.

“How did you…”Taeyeon was surprised.

“Oh, we live together, along with my sister and another of my friends, so he told us that someone would be coming tonight” Onew replied coolly.

“Oh.”

And there was silence again.

“You read horoscopes too?” Onew tried again, noticing the horoscope booklet sticking out from her bag.

“Kinda…I got influenced by my ex boyfriend.”

“Oh.”

“My, uh, late, boyfriend…”Taeyeon attempted.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to probe…” Onew smacked himself inside

Taeyeon shook her head.

 

 

 

Hyoyeon was already home. She busied herself around the kitchen to get food ready, when the door clicked. “I’M HOME!” Announced Doojoon.

“Oh, I’m so glad you’re back, you have got to help me now! Eunhyuk’s colleague is coming tonight so we’ve got to give him or her a good impression.”

“What? No! I just got home!” Doojoon whined…he relented because he could not bear to leave his Hyoyeon ‘in the lurch’. (He liked to think of Hyoyeon as his). Anyway, how could he reject an offer to spend some quality time with Hyoyeon? So he got to work and he and Hyoyeon began to prepare dinner. He started to fantasize him and Hyoyeon being together, preparing food for their family…He had finally mustered up enough courage to attempt to reach for her and hug her when Eunhyuk arrived. His chance was gone, because when Hyoyeon saw Eunhyuk, she suddenly forgot that Doojoon existed.

“Hi baby! Yo Joon!” Eunhyuk yelled as he saw Hyoyeon approach him.

She held on to his arm and asked, “So where’s your colleague?” Not that she was interested in meeting ‘it’, especially if ‘it’ was going to be a girl.

“Oh she didn’t want to come with me so she said she’ll find her way here by herself.” Eunhyuk replied casually. ‘She’? Hyoyeon’s heart sank.

“You’re so mean to leave her in the lurch!” remarked Doojoon as he fetched him a drink.

Approximately twenty minutes later, Onew arrived with Taeyeon behind. Dinner was already ready and was in the microwave oven so it would keep warm, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon were on the couch, Eunhyuk teasing her and her pretending to fight back when she really liked it. The minute Eunhyuk saw Taeyeon he sprung off the couch and went to meet her.

“How come you two are together?” He questioned, or rather, demanded from Onew.

“She looked lost on the street just now so I brought her home.” Onew stated factually.

Eunhyuk accepted and turned his hospitable mode on. He began talking to her in the most enthusiastic manner. Onew left the two and went to see if he could be of use in the kitchen. But he still could not help looking at the two of them from time to time.

“Oppa, you like her already.” It was more of a statement than a question.

“Maybe, but anyway she’s got Eunhyuk,” Onew wished he could be in their conversation too.

“OK,” said Hyoyeon, but not entirely believing her brother. She wished she could be in their conversation too.

 

 

 

The dinner proceeded smoothly; they basically talked about the nice places around this area, and the things you should watch out for. They also talked about the notorious gang in the town. Then Eunhyuk continued to tell Taeyeon about the company. Taeyeon kept the same face throughout the whole dinner.

After dinner, Onew said he had left something in his office and went back to get it. Eunhyuk took Taeyeon home, so Doojoon and Hyoyeon were left together again. Hyoyeon was enjoying the night breeze in the balcony.

“Hey” Doojoon said.

“Hey”

“So when will you tell Eunhyuk?”

“What?”

“Don’t pretend, I know you like him. You should do it before he ends up with the Taeyeon.”

“I don’t know……”Hyoyeon was really confused now.

“Hey don’t worry okay; you can always talk to me if you need.”

“I know. Thanks for being here, oppa. I love you.” Hyoyeon hugged her friend tightly. Doojoon was just like a biological brother to her.

Doojoon caught sight of her smooth forehead. He had this irresistible urge to kiss her there, but he did not want to spoil the moment. “I love you too,” he said in his head.