I'm Just a Replacement

Perfect Ending

Onew could not stop smiling at the message he had just received from Taeyeon.

"Could you accompany me tonight?"

He quickly texted his reply, only then did he recall Eunhyuk's threat. Since the day he spotted them having lunch together at the canteen, the two had not been on good terms. He get it that Eunhyuk knew Taeyeon first and was more popular with girls than he was etc. But it seems like Taeyeon wanted Onew and clearly not Eunhyuk. But Onew could never figure out why. Everytime he tried to ask her, she never seemed to pay attention to him, or would divert the topic.

He didn't know that it was because she did not want her heart to admit that she was using Onew to fill up the empty hole that Kangin had left in her heart.

----------

Onew found it weird that Taeyeon would want to meet him in a bar. He saw Taeyeon sitting alone at the counter. Taeyeon caught sight of Onew.

"Oh hey, you're here..." Onew returned a smile, unused to the sight of Taeyeon drinking. "Sorry to disturb you for tonight..." Taeyeon was already slightly drunk.

"Here, you can drink with me," Taeyeon offered Onew a glass and Onew politely accepted.

"Why are you being like this?" Onew asked.

Moments later, Taeyeon flipped out a ring, and began to finger it. "Guess I'm just ... lonely?" Taeyeon answered flatly. "It's our anniversary tonight..."

No more needed to be said. And so the night continued like this; Taeyeon drinking like there was no tomorrow, but Onew, only in minute amounts. Eventually the cliche moment came, where the bartender came to tell them that closing time was nearing, so Onew tried to wake Taeyeon up from her drunken state and drag her outside.

"Where do you live? I'll send you home." Onew tried. Taeyeon mumbled some inaudible words and collapsed again. After moments of consideration, he decided to take her home. At least she would be safe for the night...

----------

The house was in total darkness. Onew thought that Eunhyuk was probably working overtime without informing them again, and his sister was probably out somewher with Doojoon, watching some late-night movie. He put Taeyeon on their couch (which was actually a sofa-bed). In the process of moving Taeyeon to the couch, he clumsily knocked over the table lamp, which was made of metal. It fell to the floor with a loud clang, the noise ringing throughout the house in the silence of the night.

Taeyeon

'CLANG!!!' This loud, sonorous noise woke me up. When I opened my eyes, I discovered that I was not at home, but everthing else was a blur. Wait a second,  I feel something warm on my neck.... It was an arm, a strong, firm one which radiated a familiar warmth...

I made out a figure in front of me, combing away a few strands of hair from my face. Only Kangin oppa's hands felt gentle like that. It had to be him! He pulled a blanket over me, but then he turned to leave.

"No...oppa...Kangin-oppa..." I mumbled." Don't. Don't leave me again..." Then I kind of out.

Onew

I turned to leave her for the night.

"No...oppa...Kangin-oppa...Don't. Don't leave me again..." Taeyeon muttered.

Kangin Oppa?

The suddenly everything clicked into place; she didn't picked me over Eunhyuk-hyung because I was truly better, all the time she told me about her boyfriend...it was because I was like him. I replaced him, and she used me.

_____________________________

Hello! Sorry for not updating for a long time! I'll update another chapter tonight :P

And also...sorry if you think that Hyo is not shown much so far...cos the 2nd, 3rd and 4th part  of the story will probably have lots more of her....kekeke :D

Hope you'll continue to support!