Let the War Begin (?)

Perfect Ending

It was nearing midnight. Taeyeon and Eunhyuk were sitting together in Eunhyuk’s office. There were just two of them. Taeyeon was staring, brows furrowed, at her laptop and a pencil was fitted neatly behind her ear. Eunhyuk was also staring into his laptop, but his head was not focused on the things he was looking at. Rather, he was thinking how to get Taeyeon on a date.

Over the past few weeks, they were working extremely closely together, and of course, Eunhyuk being the talkative person that he is had managed to find out that she liked oranges and strawberries, and purple flowers and like that weird looking, black-sesame-flavoured kancho biscuits.

And so Eunhyuk had tried buying her oranges and strawberries, always making an excuse about how he passed by the mart on the way to work. And, while flashing the most sheepish, gummy smile ever, he presented to her a few purple looking flowers (he seriously wasn’t sure what species it was) out of the blue, not giving her any reason.

And he also bought tons of those kancho biscuits telling her that one should have snacks to be able to fuel their brain for working late into the night. What he absolutely did not understand was why, WHY was Taeyeon still treating him like just a normal friend.

She was nice and that was all. He still hadn’t felt the connection between them, in that sort of way, yet. But Eunhyuk still feels weird when they are together alone. His heart would have that weird feeling like as if it’s going to fall out of its place. He had to constantly battle with his mouth to stop smiling like a fool when she was just being nice to him, like buying him a drink, or making them both a cup of coffee when they were both tired out from staring at their laptops.

“It’s late already, let’s pack up and continue tomorrow,” Taeyeon suddenly remarked.

“Oh…OK…” Eunhyuk had not noticed the time because he was too lost in thoughts. The pair hurriedly packed up and left the building.

 

 Taeyeon.

The next morning I arrived at the office a little later than usual, thanks to the heavy traffic. I saw a familiar looking man at the lift lobby…Right! He was Eunhyuk’s good friend and Hyoyeon’s brother; which means he was the guy who brought me to their house that day. Well, I got to admit, I did think he was quite good looking…and nice at that! He just totally reminds me of Kangin oppa…

“Yah Onew!” A voice called out from behind me. I turned to find Eunhyuk waving to the man. “So what are you doing here?” Eunhyuk asked. He paused again before he said, “wait don’t tell me you’re the ‘expert’ that your company sent to help with my project…”

“That’s me alright! You know, the expert…” Finally Onew spoke up.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier? What sort of brother are you?!” Eunhyuk started to tease Onew. Then suddenly he caught sight of me, while I was trying to move myself to my table.

“Hi Taeyeon! Let me introduce to you, Onew, he’s the guy who will be working with us on our project. You met before, though. Oh, I must tell you, Onew is one of the best advertisement designers in his company, so with his help, our product will be able to sell successfully!”

I thought that Eunhyuk was talking to himself, since Onew seemed to be looking at me all the time with an awkward expression, and I was also looking at Onew who, like Kangin oppa used to be, worked in an advertising firm.

-----

 For a moment, to Taeyeon, Onew didn’t seem to exist, but in his place, Kangin.

  

Lunch hour came. Eunhyuk had been inside the boss’s office since about forty-five minutes ago; the two men were speaking about the details and progress of the project. Onew, who happened to be still lingering around, decided to grab this opportunity to take Taeyeon out to lunch. In his mind, he switched on his ‘cool guy’ mode, since Hyoyeon had always told him he needed to be cooler (like Eunhyuk) to be able to catch girls. He took a deep breath and started to march towards Taeyeon’s table.

“Oomph! Oh! Oh no! Oh, I’m so sorry for bumping into you” Onew got flustered as he bumped into a lady walking across his path, and the papers she was carrying flew to the floor. He looked up. And he thought he could not be luckier, it was Taeyeon whom he had bumped into. So much for being cool.

“Onew-sshi! Why are you still here?” Taeyeon questioned because she thought that he had left when their meeting had ended.

“Umm, just sticking around... I thought of eating lunch with Eunhyuk hyung but since he’s in the boss’s office…maybe, would you like to go with me instead?” Onew made an excuse about the Eunhyuk part. Actually he wished Eunhyuk would not come out anytime soon.

“Well…OK..” Taeyeon didn’t sound very convinced, but she figured she needed to eat anyway, so why not eat with someone?

 

Eunhyuk finally ended that long and treacherous meeting with the boss. He only had 15 minutes left for lunch! He made a dash for the canteen, but when he reached, he saw, through the glass wall, two people. Taeyeon and Onew, to be specific.

Onew was laughing and his hand was on her hair, dusting off some leaves that had blown onto it, because they were sitting outdoors. Taeyeon on the other hand was saying something to him.

They look like a couple, Eunhyuk thought. He suddenly felt a pang of jealousy rise within him. He had done so much to try to reach out to Taeyeon, but here his best friend, his ‘brother’, who knew very well about his feelings, was lunching with Taeyeon, and behaving like a couple with her.

He wouldn’t have it. Eunhyuk’s fist clenched (he wasn’t very good at anger management). He would tell it in his face again when they got home tonight.

___________________________

Hello readers! Sorry for not updating for so long, I was not sure how to write this chapter cos I'm not good at writing about triangle love lines :| Hope I fared okay......

Anyway, I wanted to inform you all that my school term would be starting at the end of this month, so my updating will become less regular, but I already have the full storyline typed out so rest assured I will finish the story :D

Thanks and please comment, so I know which part of my story I can improve!! ^^