Hyoyeon.

Perfect Ending

Many years later…

 

Hyoyeon sat behind the reception of her small art studio. Art was her passion, but she did not like days like this when she had no inspiration to do anything. To make matters worse, she had not had a single customer for the whole morning! It can’t be helped, she thought to herself, and reasoned that in this modern day society, there is a dwindling number of the population who enjoy and appreciate visual arts. On occasions like this, Hyoyeon would let herself drift off into the past, and she recalls those carefree days with her three best friends.

------------ (memories)

The school bell rang, and it was a welcome relief for everyone in class. Eunhyuk, Doojoon and Onew would gather from all corners of the classroom around her table and then the four would leave the school compounds together. As usual, they went to their favourite area in the town.

A few blocks down the road from the primary school was a rusty gate and beyond that and empty plot of land. At the end of this land, there was a wired fence which had a hole in it. As you can probably guess by now, Hyoyeon and gang went through the hole and reached where they called ‘The Big Field”. The four of them had shared many memories in that field.

One day when they were playing hide and seek, Hyoyeon fell into the bushes and discovered that there was actually a lake on the other side of the field. The lake was beautiful, clean and unpolluted.  Then she caught sight of an old man, fishing by the lake.

 “Strange,” she mumbled to no one in particular, “I didn’t know anyone came here except us.” The old man, as if  sensing her unease, gave her a warm smile. He shouted to her, “Hey there girl! Want to make a wish! I’ll give you three for free!” And then he continued fishing as if he never said anything. Hyoyeon freaked out and ran away quickly. She bumped in Eunhyuk.

“Ha-ha I gotcha baby!” (Eunhyuk called her baby since she was the youngest among the four of them). He circled his arms around her so she would not escape.

“What’s wrong?” He questioned, sensing that something was wrong since Hyoyeon was not laughing.

“Nothing”

“You’re lying”

“Okay, Okay, I discovered this lake behind these bushes and there was this old man and he asked me if I wanted to make a wish and then I was so scared so I ran back here…”Hyoyeon fired like a bullet. She even went to show Eunhyuk the lake, but by the time she got there the old man was gone so she assumed he went home.

“See, there’s nothing to worry about! He's gone! He's probably crazy anyway! Only a nice lake!” Eunhyuk assured, and he rested his arm comfortably on Hyoyeon’s shoulder, since he was much taller than her. Seeing that Hyoyeon was still unassured, he gave her a big hug. As usual, Hyoyeon totally took his words for real.

Soon after, they decided to call Onew and Doojoon to that lake and declared it their new playing spot. The old man Hyoyeon claimed was fishing never appeared again, and soon she forgot about that incident.

------------

A smile began to form on Hyoyeon’s lips, as she thought about Eunhyuk. Her dream was rudely interrupted by the vibrations of her hand phone on the table. It was a message from Onew.

[Lunch @ the Kim’s restaurant today, usual time, don’t be late! Love u ^^]

 

 

 

She was early, and so was Onew.

“Hey baby!” He greeted. “How’s your day?”

“It was horrible…” she began, and hooked her arm around Onew’s. Then she proceeded to report every detail of the day, since there wasn’t much anyway. She liked the fact that Onew would always listen to her no matter what mood he was in. That’s why she thinks knows he’s the best brother in the world.

 Just then Doojoon popped up from around the corner. He began messing with Hyoyeon’s hair. Onew remarked, “ To think you actually got into the training school! What kind of investigation agent goes around bullying his best friend’s sister like that?!” Doojoon shrugged. “Where’s that slowcoach again? No need to answer, I know he’s late.” He talked to himself.

 The trio decided to go ahead first, knowing that Eunhyuk would always join them later anyway. Nearly half and hour after the supposed meeting time, Eunhyuk finally appeared, apologising profusely.

“I’m sorry I know I’m late but I have news today!” Eunhyuk teased, trying to redeem himself.

“What? Hot babe?” asked Doojoon, the playboy side in him suddenly aroused.

“Spot on!”

And with that, the three guys became engrossed in the conversation, leaving poor Hyoyeon to place the orders.

 

Hyoyeon.

Not even a word to me. Aren’t we friends at all?

Why do I keep getting petty and annoyed when you don’t talk to me, don’t say I’m pretty today or…or…(I’m so frustrated I can’t think straight.)

But as long you came, I forgive you. It’s better this way right? Well, I think so.

 

__________________

Thanks for subcribing and supporting! Please give me comments on the chapters, and I hope it doesn't bore you!