Life Without Hyoyeon Pt.1

Perfect Ending

About a week after Hyoyeon’s death

 

[In a pub, somewhere in Seoul]

A totally inebriated Doojoon slammed the glass onto the counter. “Waiter! Give me one more glass…” He waved angrily at the guy behind the counter. Tears fell unheeded down his cheeks. He had been here for almost two hours now. They said drinking could drown your sorrows. But it wasn’t. Nothing could heal the gaping wound that Hyoyeon’s death had left in his heart.

 “Hyo-ah, why? Why…did you leave me?” He mumbled.

“I’m sorry..I really am. I said I would take care of you…protect you forever…” More tears fell.

“It’s shouldn’t have been like this…no… Why? WHY?”

From the corner of his eye, he caught sight of Junho. Junho.(The world couldn’t be smaller.) Engulfed in his fury and in his state of drunkenness, Doojoon stumbled over to Junho.

 “LEE JUNHO!” And he threw a punch at him, taking the latter by surprise. “It’s all your fault! You said you would change, change for good!” Doojoon could not contain his anger.

“Why! Why did you have to see them! You got Hyo killed! You got her killed!”

Junho was still recovering from his shock. Doojoon’s words hit him hard, one by one. “I knew it from the start! A leopard never changes its spots. A gangster will always be a gangster!”

 “Just go back to your old life and stop harming innocent people!” These were the last words that Doojoon said to Junho.

 

Junho

Stop harming innocent people…

Stop harming innocent people…

Stop harming innocent people…

Doojoon’s words echoed through my head.

I tasted blood on my lips. It must have been a result of the punch. I looked up around me. It was too noisy. Too crowded. But I saw people making faces at me, mocking me.

You got Hyo killed!

That’s right…Hyo’s dead now…She’s never coming back. There’s no one in this world left who will accept me now.

Amidst the chaos, I saw a hand reach out to me. It was Chief. He spoke.

“You still have us, Junho. Brother’s forever, remember?”

I reached up and took his hand.

 

 ----------

 

[Onew’s room]

A buzzing noise disrupted the solemn silence that had aded the room. Onew picked up the call.

“Hey, where are you?” Taeyeon’s gentle voice asked.

“What?” Onew asked innocently. Then he remembered; he was supposed to have a date with Taeyeon .

“Oh no! Taeyeon-ah…I’m so sorry, I..”

“No, it’s okay. I…understand,” then the line was cut.

Onew smacked himself. His life was in a mess. Ever since Hyoyeon left, he no longer found the drive to do anything. As happy as he was that Taeyeon was going to give their relationship a chance, he found himself unable to deal with the relationship at a time like this…

 

__________________________

Okay, I present a rather sad chapter….Sorry the ending of this chapter cos I don’t really know how to end it :O

JunHyo will happen! But later in the story!

Thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing everyone! J