Wrong Choice, Eunhyuk Pt.2

Perfect Ending

Eunhyuk arrived at the airport at long last. His eyes searched the electronic boards. To his dismay it shouted

‘KE 1391     10 05     Shanghai    Departed

 He was too late. He was never going to get Taeyeon now because he found out only yesterday that her posting to Shanghai would be a permanent one. He slumped onto a bench, his heart felt so heavy that he thought it could drag him to the ground.

But he didn’t know, that Taeyeon hadn't boarded the plane.

~

[Somewhere else in the airport, one hour ago…]

“Taeyeon-sshi,” Taeyeon turned around upon hearing her name.

“Onew-sshi…,” Taeyeon was surprised. “W-what are you doing here?”

“Please don’t go,” Onew’s heart starting beating extremely quickly. “I need to t-tell you…”

A lump rose in his throat.

“That I really like you since the day that I saw you; I’ve grown to love you so much I don’t know what to do without you.” Onew finished in one breath.

Confusion entered Taeyeon’s eyes.

“O-onew-sshi, you don’t know what you’re saying…I, I can’t…” Taeyeon tried to fight back her tears as her heart took control of her again. “I-I have to board now…” To Taeyeon’s surprise, the usually shy and quiet Onew pulled her into an embrace and hugged her ever so tightly and comfortably, just like how Kangin would always hug her.

“I know.” Onew said. “I know I replace him, I know but I don’t mind. All I want is to love you, protect you and to be with you.”

Taeyeon drank in all his words as if they came from Kangin. She was far too attached to him to start anew with someone else. So Onew could only replace him, and no more. But how could she reject him? He was so sweet, in his own special way. She pulled away from him.

“I can’t. I will never forget him, please, I don’t want to hurt you anymore…”

“If you don’t want to hurt me, then be with me, and promise you’ll try to work on our relationship,” Onew said in his ever so soothing voice, and lifted a finger to brush her tears away.

Taeyeon felt his warm arms around him again, and she felt herself, as well as her heart, being dragged away with Onew.

~

Eunhyuk’s phone starting buzzing away again. He picked it up and silently cursed it for being the reason he missed Taeyeon. This time, it was an unknown number.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Yoboseyo, Eunhyuk-sshi. I’m Junho.” A voice filled with panic, fear and worry spoke.

Eunhyuk

Junho. Wasn’t he the gangster that Hyoyeon claimed had turned over a new leaf and forced us to be nice to? What could he want from me?

“Yes?” I asked.

“I-it’s Hyo..Hyoyeon…she’s in..hospital…S-seoul University Hospital…please come…please, now!” Junho could not even form proper sentences. But Hyo! What could have happened?

I raced to my car immediately. Luckily, this time, traffic was much better, and about an hour later, I reached the hospital, and searched frantically for Junho.

Just then I heard a loud commotion around the corner. That voice sounded familiar…I rushed towards the commotion, to find Doojoon lashing out and throwing punches at Junho, who, in my surprise, was just letting himself get beaten up. I heard,

“How could you? Why did you let her fall off like that? Don’t you like her? Why! Why didn’t you protect her?”

Doojoon seemed as if he was crazy. I went over immediately and pulled Doojoon away from Junho, and also asked what had happened.

It was then, I discovered in shock that Hyoyeon was in critical condition because she had fallen off from the fourth storey of a warehouse. I also learnt that Junho had tried to save her from the villains, following which I learnt about her kidnap.

It hit me hard. So many things had happened. This very morning she was still the smiling Hyoyeon, waving bye to all of us as we parted ways.

I broke out of my trance when I saw Onew rush over. To my shock (and also surprise), Taeyeon was following him, hand in hand. Can this get any worse? My brain was filled with a thousand and one question marks, and a cloud of uncertainty over Hyo’s condition hovered in the air.

I was about to ask my question when Onew cut me. “What happened?!”

Suddenly, the doctor emerged.

“How is she, doctor?” Junho asked, or rather, pleaded.

 His stern, cold voice penetrated through the air harshly.

“I’m sorry, we did our best. The impact suffered was too great.”

 _________________________

Helllooo again everyone! I suddenly had a thing to write another chapter..so I might as well do it when i'm still free before my lessons officially start. :D (keke I just had orientation)

Anyway, I know your burning question now is probaby 'WHY DID YOU KILL MY HYOoooo?'

But I can't be such a spoiler so I can only tell you, how can I kill off a main character right???? So look out for my twist and turns  coming soon!