Adjustments.

Under the Tree called 'Destiny'

 

Many thoughts swirled in my mind as I absent-mindedly stirred my coffee. Am I that bad as a friend? Why did I even give in to that stupid kiss? Why do I continue hurting each and everyone around me? I don’t want to hurt Siwon next . . . and speaking of him . . .

“Mi Yeo-ah, is something wrong?” he worriedly asked as he put his hand on mine. I snapped back to reality - reality where I’m having snacks with my fiancéand he’s talking for like five minutes and yet I’m not listening. “I’m sorry, you were saying?” I asked back. His grip on my hand tightened as the worry on his face crept into his eyes. “I know something is wrong, tell me what’s boggling your mind?” he requested of me. “N-nothing is wrong . . . it’s just that Han Mi-ssi -“ I confessed, leaving behind the details. “Oh right, I heard about that,” he said. Uh-oh, did he know about why -

“Why did she ‘attack’ you in your office? Did you have a fight?” he asked while relief took over my worries. Good. He doesn’t know. “I-it’s just a little misunderstanding,” I explained, hoping it will satisfy his curiosity. “Little misunderstanding enough for her to resign?” he pushed further. I gulped. “The reason for her resignation has nothing to do with our little misunderstanding. It says there in her letter that it is personal issues,” I lied. Fortunately, he took it as truth and just gave me a reassuring smile. I responded with a weak smile.

“What were you talking about?” I asked, going back to what he was saying before while I was in my own world. “Oh, I was talking about our wedding. Since you’ve wanted to do it after a month -“ he started. “About our wedding . . . “ I softly interrupted. I’m doing this, aren’t I? “ . . . I want to move the wedding date back. I’m thinking of moving it back one week . . .” I said as I looked down, feeling shy because I just sounded like I’m crazy in-love with this man that I want to hurry the wedding. He didn’t respond so I looked back to him. I was kind of surprised to see his wide smile flashing. “M-mwo?” I asked consciously. He stood up and went to my side and pulled me up for a hug. I didn’t know what to do so I just stood there inside his arms. “Thank you, Mi Yeo-ssi,” he finally spoke, tone of bliss in his voice. I didn’t understand why he was thanking me. “You really make me happy every time. It was your decision to get married after a month then now -“ he happily exclaimed. “I know. It’s just that I’ve been thinking why make the preparations so long but in the end, still get married. But - is it okay with you?” I queried. “More than ‘very okay’, I’m happy,” he answered.

 

I hesitantly hugged him back, and smiled bitterly.

At least I’m going to get married the same day Eunhyuk does.