Last meeting.

Under the Tree called 'Destiny'

 

                - Eunhyuk’s POV -

 

I cheerfully walked down the streets to our old school. It’s night already so not that many people were on the streets. It’s weird. Mi Yeo wants to meet under that tree in our school yard in this time of night? Usually she’d just talk about something over the phone, but thinking she wants to meet in person is just weird. What makes it more bothering is we’re meeting under that tree. Shrugging off those thoughts, I entered the school premises. What’s important is that I’m seeing her again.

Since it is nighttime, security is off in that school. So it’s easier for me to go to the school yard. With a few lights on and the moon, I searched for that tree. I also easily spotted her under that tree; hugging herself against the cold breeze. I smiled and ran up to her. “Yah!” I yelled to catch her attention. She flashed her smile as she waits for me. When I stopped in front of her, I immediately moved my arms around her and hugged her. A small laugh escaped my mouth proving that I’m too much happy to even comprehend a word. My small faltered as I realized she wasn’t hugging me back.

“L-let’s stop this,” she started. I opened my eyes in shock. I pulled away, but my arms remained on her shoulders. “What?! Are you telling me to stop - again? Why do you keep saying that, I thought everything’s okay -“ I asked, shock obvious in my voice. “Nothing is okay, nothing,” she announced. “What do you mean? Everything’s okay: you and I are happy; no one is hurting -“ I quickly responded. “Han Mi is hurt!” she exclaims.

What? Han Mi is hurt? How can she be hurt? Wait - does she knows?

Too busy thinking with these thoughts, I just stood there blankly. “S-she knows it all . . .” she answered my thoughts. “H-how -“ I tried to comprehend. “Han Mi-ssi . . . barged in my office this morning, bringing along papers about our past relationship and even pictures of us by the Han River!” she said in almost one breathe. My arms fell on my side as I feel like my consciousness is starting to drive away. “She is so hurt that she even resigned because of she can’t work with me any further,” Mi Yeo continued. Mi Yeo started crying. “Don’t cry~” was the only phrase I could think of to make her feel better. “You know what? I feel like a bad person - hurting Han Mi. She trusted me so much that it feels bad at the fact that she’s angry because of me. She’s done nothing but good to me, and this is what she got back?” she said with words full of hurt and pain. “I-I can fix this,” I assured as I pulled her closer. She used her arms to push herself away. “No! You can’t. Even I can’t. No one can,” she disagreed with me. “If we continue this, we’ll eventually end up hurting each other and everyone around us - even hurt Siwon when he doesn’t deserve to be,” she weakly said. “So what I’m saying is let’s stop this already and go on with our separate lives,” she demanded as she turns around to leave. I ran to her treating figure and hugged her once more. “Don’t do this to me,” I whispered onto her shoulders. I feel her tremble under me as she continued crying. “We’re going to start anew and dream together. We’re living with each other because that’s what destiny destined us to be,” I tried to convince her. She tugged off my arms and faced me.

“Destiny?!” she exclaims with a scoff. “I’m marrying Siwon; you’re marrying Han Mi - that’s what our destiny is!” she pointed out and left immediately.