Triple Trouble

Twinkle

Kyuhyun arrived at the manager’s lounge and settled on the couch while stretching his back. He has been exhausted the entire day and he felt like almost all the muscles in his body were entirely worn out after a whole day of being Seohyun’s personal assistant- slash- personal slave. That girl is trouble.

 

Earlier that morning…

 

“I also expect that Miss Taeyeon here will serve as a role model for her members,” Jungsu gave Taeyeon a knowing look and nodded to Kyuhyun’s direction. The latter was carrying a stack of boxes that almost covered half of his face. Taeyeon got what he meant. She motioned the other driver to come.

“Please get all those boxes from Kyuhyun-shi and return them to the security office of the apartment. The driver followed and Seohyun watched the scene with shock. She was about to open to complain but Taeyeon cut her off. “Seohyun, you brought too many luggages. Just leave the others behind.”

 

Jungsu glanced surreptitiously at Kyuhyun and muttered, “You owe me one this time.”

 

Kyuhyun replied with a smile. “Thank you, hyung.”

 

In the background, he could hear Seohyun grumbling about Taeyeon not taking her side and Kyuhyun could not help but rejoice inside. But he knew that it was just a start because at that instant, his short moment of victory was destroyed by this bratty princess.

 

“If you think you won against me this time, think again. I’m telling you this is my game.” Seohyun whispered on his ear. He turned his head and his eyes met her piercing glares and even when he walked away, he could feel her dagger eyes shot at his back.

 

“What to do? GameKyu also does not lose his game. Bring it on then.” Kyuhyun muttered to himself.

 

And that begins their showdown. However, Kyuhyun was not all ready for the battle that he is getting into.

 

Seohyun was getting her makeup done for a magazine photoshoot when she beckoned Kyuhyun to come to her.

 

“What is it, missy?” Kyuhyun inquired impudently. The makeup artist froze for a moment at his remark. She looked at the new face in front of her. This must be Miss Seohyun’s 10th? 12th? 13th? (She already lose count) nth personal assistant since her debut. For a person to utter that sassy remark with a haughty expression in front of a spoiled brat princess known for kicking people out of their jobs, he surely got some nerve. Has the management finally found someone that could match Seohyun? From her vantage point, she noticed Seohyun clenching her teeth. This could be bad, she thought. That guy is doomed.

 

After a short while, Seohyun regained her composure. She must not show that she is affected by his impudence. She can’t let him wind her up.

 

“Is that how you properly address your master?” Seohyun remarked. “How informal.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry for that,” Kyuhyun feigned an apologetic face. “So what do you want me to call you then? Your Majesty?” he asked sarcastically.

 

“Sounds better.” Seohyun quickly replied. “I actually like that.” She lifted her head and gave him a coy look. “That’s the way you’ll address me from now on.”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened with shock and he instantly regretted the fact that he suggested that title. Now, it made him seem like a faithful lowly servant to Seohyun.  

 

“How can I be of service to you, your Majesty?” Kyuhyun asked flatly.

 

“Water. Now.” Seohyun ordered curtly. Kyuhyun immediately went to the pantry and get a glass of ice cold water for his majesty.

 

“Here is your water, your majesty.” Kyuhyun announced as he reentered the room holding the glass of water. “Water as cold as you,” he added with his voice loud enough to be heard by the entire staff present.

 

Everyone was stunned and they were all staring at them. They only resumed back to their duties when Seohyun casted her death glares at them. By this time, she was already clenching her fist.

 

“How do you think would I be able to drink that?” Seohyun asked with a grim set look on her face. “I need a straw.”

 

She could have said it earlier, Kyuhyun thought. Doesn’t she know that the pantry is several meters away from this room? Oh well, of course, she knew about it and she was using that to make things harder for him. Evil.

 

“Here is now your water with your straw, your greatest majesty.” Kyuhyun said as he reappeared in the dressing room.

 

“Bow down.” Seohyun ordered.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Do I have to repeat that for you? You have ears, right?” Seohyun’s condescending gaze penetrated Kyuhyun’s whole being. For a moment there, Kyuhyun almost wanted to divulge that he is the grandson of the very person she is working under. But no, he had made his resolve not to use his grandfather’s filthy name.

 

So he decided to give in.

 

But not without a counter attack.

                                      

“Fine then.” Kyuhyun bowed ninety degrees in front of her. “Is there anything you need, your Majesty, Queen of all Evils in Disguise?”

 

“What did you say?” A scandalized Seohyun asked.

 

No one could deny the rising tension in the room. Both of them were stepping their toes out of each other’s lines, crossing danger zones, waiting who would be the first one to ignite and explode. The staff was trying to be oblivious of the fierce contest that was taking place although there were some who could not help but talk about it. Seohyun had many bad titles but they only mentioned it behind her back and no one ever dared to call her those names in her face.

 

“So this is war,” one of the staff commented.

 

“This is exciting,” the other giggled in hushed tone. “Come on guys, who do you bet?”

 

“What the heck are you talking about?” another opposed nervously. “ Can’t you see Miss Seohyun’s face? She is so scary. This is just so nerve-wracking.”

 

Seohyun was crossed. She was fuming with anger…

 

“Pardon?” Seohyun asked again through gritted teeth.

… and any moment now, she will…

 

“Do I have to repeat that for you? You have ears, right?”  Kyuhyun replied in the exact tone in which Seohyun said it beforehand.

 

…SNAP!

 

“You-“

 

“Now if you may excuse me, I’ll just leave your glass of water here.” Kyuhyun was about to place the glass on the side table when Seohyun slammed her hand on it.

 

“NO!” She growled.

 

If there was one thing that Kyuhyun learned from provoking Seohyun recklessly, it could be summarized in this quote:

“Hell hath no fury like a scorned woman.”

 

“You will hold that glass for me. My hands are so delicate to touch anything that your hands laid upon.” Seohyun commanded. Kyuhyun ended up standing there for hours (yes, he was not even allowed to sit) holding the glass of water for Seohyun and guiding it to her whenever she requests for a sip.

 

Doesn't she have hands? She is really enjoying this ego trip. Kyuhyun grumbled in his mind. However, Kyuhyun's suffering did not end there. His day was not over yet. After the magazine photoshoot, Seohyun took on a major shopping spree accompanied of course by Kyuhyun. What is the better way to end the day than savoring her self-proclaimed role of being a princess with Kyuhyun as an obedient butler by her side? On the way to the mall, she has been reeling off the different ways to enslave Kyuhyun. He'll make him open the doors and pull chairs for her. He'll be bringing all her things and shopping bags. He'll be the one to answer her phone calls. How about making Kyuhyun do all those at the same time? She was thrilled by the idea. A smirk crept in her lips as she imagined all these scenes in her head.  Upon reaching their destination, she immediately carried out her plan.

 

Kyuhyun was coaxed to open the car door and in the landing, Seohyun ed her purse to kyuhyun's chest which caused the other to flinch in the sudden force. "Take charge of this. If there is one thing lost among my valuables, you are dead!"

 

“Yes, your majesty." Kyuhyun grunted.

 

Hours later, Kyuhyun already seemed to look like a bunch of shopping bags which grew a human head and 2 legs. With towering boxes on his hands supported by his chin on the top and several bags dangling on both of his both arms, he tottered his way around the mall, trying to avoid the walking shoppers, tailing a considerable distance behind Seohyun. Seohyun impatiently waved her hand on his direction and bellowed, “Palli!”

 

“Why don’t you try to walk with all these stuff on you?” Kyuhyun grumbled under his breath. When Seohyun approached yet another shop, Kyuhyun questioned her exasperatedly. “Are you trying to buy the entire mall?”

 

“Why can’t I? I got money to spare.” Seohyun answered proudly. “Now, open the door for me.”

 

Kyuhyun unenthusiastically kicked the glass door with his foot while balancing himself with his free foot. Just then, Seohyun’s phone rang of all the times. What an excellent timing.

 

“Answer it. Now.” Seohyun nodded to his direction. It was a pathetic sight to see Kyuhyun balance on one foot while his other foot remained anchored at the door to keep it open for Seohyun to walk into the shop. His right hand held the boxes close to him to prevent them from falling while his other left hand was fumbling inside Seohyun’s bag for her phone. When he finally found it, he secured the phone between his ear and shoulder.

“Hello, this is Miss Seohyun’s personal assistant. Her Majesty’s busy shopping right now, please try again later, thank you.” Kyuhyun answered breathlessly. Please let it be the last phone call and the last shop, Kyuhyun prayed.

 

Recalling all the things that happened to him that day just tire him out even more. Just then, Siwon arrived. He sidled to the door and realizing that there was no one following him, he rushed inside and immediately shut the door behind him. “This is a safe place, right?”He asked.

 

“Well, yes,” a bewildered Kyuhyun answered. He wondered why a top security agent like him would worry about his own safety. That was quite peculiar. He watched him as heaved a breathed a sigh of relief. He now began to doubt Siwon’s identity as a top agent. First, he was not able to dodge the stress ball early this morning. Shouldn’t a top agent be agile and reflexive enough to avoid a mere stress ball? Now, he acted like a cowering kid. Has Jungsu faked all his credentials just to satisfy Tiffany’s demand for a top agent as her security?

 

“Why are you into hiding?” Kyuhyun could not longer help but ask Siwon. “Are you really a top agent? You’re not acting like one.”

 

Siwon bristled at Kyuhyun’s observation. “Of course, I’m an agent. I just need a break,” he answered breathlessly. “A break and a distance from her.”

 

“From Tiffany?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Yes, from her. That girl is trouble.” Siwon said.

 

For years he has been working as a top agent and he has also served as bodyguard of high-profile personalities. To all of those personalities, they just let him be. They just let him do his own thing. They paid no care as long as he performed his job and were reassured that their lives were protected. But this time, it’s different.

 

Actions of an agent were supposed to be secret. That was the reason he fell in love with this job because he is a very private person. He likes working behind the scenes, in secrecy. However, his quiet life was disturbed when he began working with Tiffany.

 

After he was hit by the stress ball, Tiffany has been acting super worried about his condition that she could not leave her eyes off him. It looks like their roles were reversed. Tiffany was the one who was watching over him. She has relentlessly been asking him how he was the whole day and she acts like a magnet. She has been sticking next to him, linking her arms with him now and then. This, he could still tolerate but it’s a different thing when someone dragged him to the spotlight, literally.

 

Tiffany just finished her CF shoot and she was immediately swarmed by reporters. Of course, he immediately stepped in to control the crowd. Decked in his black suit and dark shades, he slipped unnoticed to the crowd and tried hard to push the reporters an ample distance away from Tiffany, just enough to have her own private space.

 

“The grabbing-in-stage incident seems to be fresh in your memory but I think there’s no more to worry now since we have heard that you already have a bodyguard aside from the security that the company provided, is that right?” asked one of the reporters.

 

“That’s right,” she replied happily. “In fact, he is a top agent.” Tiffany boasted and then dragged the unsuspecting Siwon from the crowd. “Everybody, this is Choi Siwon, my bodyguard.” Tiffany introduced him she was just introducing a new boyfriend. She had her arms linked with him as she smiled in front of them.

 

“What a dashing debonair!” The reporters chattered and the next thing Siwon knew, cameras were already flashing and he was now the one being interviewed. Tiffany was kind enough to answer their questions. Siwon just facepalmed when Tiffany started baring his credentials to the media. Adios secrecy. Goodbye confidentiality. Farewell privacy.

 

Siwon grabbed her by the arm and moved to a vacant room. “What do you think you’re doing?!” he yelled. “That’s supposed to be confidential. If you don’t have the idea of privacy, well, take me differently. Because I do care about it and I like to keep it to myself.”

 

Tiffany stood there, teary-eyed. Siwon took the advantage and walked out on her. Tiffany ran after him but she was not able to see him anymore. Siwon, meanwhile, heard her calling his name but he ignored it and broke into a run.

 

Back to the present, Siwon got to think of it and after reflecting on it, he felt guilty about leaving Tiffany there. His emotions got better of him, instead of just focusing to his work. He did not act professionally in that situation. He thought he owes her an apology.

 

 A few seconds later, the trio was completed with the arrival of an exasperated Jungsu. “That girl is trouble!” he grumbled as he busted in the door. “Just how many disappearing acts she will perform until I completely got insane?!” he screamed his frustration as he was massaging his temple. Not another migraine, again.

 

Taeyeon first annoyed him when she griped about a variety program she was slated to be in. She was complaining about the screentime she will get and the things that she had to do in the programmed that she deemed embarrassing for her.

 

“Can I just guest in a talk show or a documentary special?” Taeyeon suggested trying to convince her new manager with her puppy eyes. She knew being tough to him will never work.

 

“Where you can talk entirely about yourself? Nope.” Jungsu replied flatly. “Sometimes talk shows and documentaries can really be boring. Besides, you’ve always done those kinds. Break away from this monotony. Try different things. It’ll be fun. Promise.” Leeteuk smiled dubiously as he added under his breath. “Super fun.”

 

“Fun for you.” Taeyeon muttered. She bet Jungsu just wanted to see her in her most humiliating moments.

 

And that’s when she did her first disappearing act. Jungsu searched the whole building and almost turned it upside down just to find Taeyeon until a utility worker tipped her off. In a storage room near the fire exit, there he found Taeyeon cramped in the darkness.

 

“Can you stop acting like a kid?” Jungsu reprimanded. “No wonder, your members are all immature. You cannot get everything in life.” And he went on and on till they reached the parking lot. Taeyeon felt like her ears were already bleeding from his nonstop scolding.

 

“Please stop preaching, okay.” Taeyeon snapped. “You sound like an old ahjussi.”

 

“Me, sounding like an ahjussi? I will not act like this if you just dropped your childishness and stubbornness and cooperate with me. Now, get in the car because we’ve already wasted precious minutes. It will be so unprofessional of us to arrive at the recording –“

 

“Alright, I get it.” Taeyeon cut him off. She opened the car door and collapsed on the passenger seat.

 

It was such a wonder how they arrived at the location in less than 30 minutes and it was also a miracle for Taeyeon how she was able to survive that hell of a bumpy ride.

 

Overtaking. Swerving. Not mention overspeeding. Luckily, they weren’t spotted by a traffic officer.

 

“I died and I live again.” That was all the words that she could muster to say when they finally reached the parking lot. She felt like her entire soul has been drained out of her.

 

“You really should be more careful. You have a superstar with you! What if something happened to me? I’m priceless, you know!” Taeyeon griped.

“I wouldn’t resort into that measure if you did not cause such delay in the first place.” Jungsu reasoned.

 

“So isn’t it my fault?!”

 

“Obviously.” Jungsu said shortly. “Don’t worry, I am the best driver in the world.”

 

“More like the most reckless driver in the world.” Taeyeon sniggered and rolled her eyes.

 

“You get out now.” Jungsu ordered.

 

“I just go alone? Aren’t you supposed to accompany me? And before that, aren’t you going to park this car properly first? Don’t they have valet here? We are at the middle of the parking lot, duh…” Taeyeon asked looking at her surroundings.

 

“Exactly. That’s why I am asking you to get out and help me park this.”

 

“You don’t know how to park?! Do I look like a parking attendant to you?” Taeyeon shrieked, looking scandalized. “I am Kim Taeyeon, for God’s sake.”

 

“As you can see, there is no parking attendant around. If we’ll stay here arguing again, we will be wasting more of our time. If you did not suddenly disappear earlier, we will not be behind schedule and we would have been able to have time to ‘laze around’.” Jungsu explained in a matter-of-fact tone. “However since you – “

 

“Enough!” Taeyeon raised her hand to stop Jungsu from proceeding on with his lengthy discussion of professionalism and working etiquette. She opened the door and poured out her irritation by kicking the rear tires with the back of her heels.

 

Crack!

 

Luck seemed not on Taeyeon’s side that day. “Argh!” Taeyeon cried when she saw her most beloved heels got broken and fell off the ground with a soft thud.

 

“That’s not my fault anymore.” Jungsu chided.  

-----

Taeyeon limped her way to the studio with only one shoe on and the other on her hand while Jungsu left for a while to apologize to the PD. All the other staff members rushed to Taeyeon to dress and prepare her for the shoot. They worked quickly but careful enough to satisfy the pop star’s fastidiousness especially that day… when Taeyeon is obviously in the bad mood. Very bad mood. The moment she arrived, there’s just this dark cloud hovering over her. With each passing second, the last-minute panic syndrome of the crew just grows. The heightened perfectionism of Taeyeon, moreover did not help the crew. The clicking of her tongue with each tiniest flaw done intensified the tense atmosphere

 

 And out of panic and nervousness, one member of the crew accidentally dropped Taeyeon’s precious makeup collection that she always brings wherever she goes. These are the only brands that suit her “sensitive” personality skin.

 

“CLANG!!!”

 

By that time, Taeyeon was already on the verge of breaking down.

 

Her beloved heels… her most precious make up collection… and most of all, her freedom. Gone. They were all gone.  Now, she really felt like lashing out to each and everyone in the room. But of course, she can’t because of him, that substitute know-it-all. A bit of correction there: she can but may not. Taeyeon closed her eyes and breathed deeply.

 

“Breathe in… Breathe out… “Taeyeon recited her mantra to herself. “It’s fine… my makeup collection…. My personal makeup collection… that I bought all over the world… that’s pretty much okay… NOT.”

 

“YOU-“ Taeyeon yelled. Everyone fell silent. “DID YOU KNOW HOW – “

 

“Tsk… tsk…” Jungsu interjected. “Oh no,” Jungsu said, feigning ignorance of what just transpired. “Did you just break Taeyeon’s stuff?” He walked towards Taeyeon , and gave her a knowing look. “Don’t worry, Taeyeon here will surely understand that knowing that it is just an accident after all. I know she is a very considerate person.” Jungsu added, patting Taeyeon’s head like she was his pet. Taeyeon casted Jungsu a repulsive look. The latter answered it with a smirk. No one in the staff noticed the underhand clash going on between the two.

 

“Now, you can go back to your work.” Jungsu told the crew smilingly. They immediately went back to their respective tasks immediately except for one, the one who accidentally dropped Taeyeon’s makeup collection.

 

“Mianhaeyo,” the poor girl said as she bowed in front of Taeyeon.

 

“It’s okay. You must be new. I can understand that.” Taeyeon replied with her sweetest smile. The girl was relieved to hear it and walked away cheerfully. When the crew was gone, Taeyeon was back with her grumpy self. Jungsu leaned to her and whispered to her ear, “Remember rule #1: Treat others appropriately.”

 

Several minutes later…

 

Cameras were rolling. The recording was on. Taeyeon looked more disinterested than ever. Jungsu was just standing behind the cameras coaching the Twinkle leader on how to react, gesturing her to smile and laugh. He also would occasionally threaten remind her that he will ‘always be watching her’. Any wrong move would be seen and noted by him and would eventually need ‘disciplinary action’.

 

“Okay, that’s a wrap!” The PD yelled and for Taeyeon, that phrase was music to her ears. She’s so glad that it’s all over. From this point on, she will be free to do anything she pleases. How about going to the spa afterwards or maybe shopping…

 

“Ok, Taeyeon, for your next schedule –“ Jungsu said.

 

“Wait, I have another schedule? It is not another variety show, is it?” Taeyeon asked, her face full of worry.

 

“Sorry to burst your bubble but yeah, there is another schedule and… another yes, it is a variety show,” Jungsu was just enjoying the look on Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Again?”

 

Jungsu nodded. “And in fact, it will be up in about an hour so I think we should be going now.”

 

Taeyeon started walking away blindly like a zombie. Jungsu grabbed her wrist and pulled her near, having their faces at close proximity with each other. They stared at each other for an awkward second then took a step back, regaining their personal spaces.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Jungsu asked.

 

“Can’t I have a break?” Taeyeon snapped.  “I used to take coffee break in between schedule. Didn’t the previous manager tell you about that?”

 

“Okay, but don’t you dare disappear again.”Jungsu warned. “Be back in 15 minutes. Remember the rules. Ditching and tardiness are not allowed.”

 

“Can you stop sounding like a broken record?” Taeyeon barked.

 

“I will if you stop being stubborn.” Jungsu retorted.

 

Taeyeon stuck her nose up in the air and walked off. Meanwhile, Jungsu has been mulling over if he should have someone to follow Taeyeon wherever she goes or maybe attach a GPS locator. Are those measures too much? Maybe those were a bit too much.

 

Twenty minutes later, Jungsu regretted his decision of letting Taeyeon leave his sight. On the second thought, perhaps he could use those measures that he thought of next time. Definitely.

 

Presenting… Taeyeon’s second disappearing act.

 

“I’m paging all security personnel,” Jungsu called over the radio, “to locate Ms. Kim Taeyeon within the premises and in the nearby vicinities as soon as possible. Inform me immediately once you found her.”

 

On the other side of the building, Taeyeon was busy contacting her members. She first contacted Taeyeon but was only answered by a wailing Tiffany. “Siwon-oppa… he hates me now.” Tiffany cried over the phone. “I’m so sad, I’m not in the mood for conversations now…” Taeyeon hang up. She then contacted Seohyun but it was Kyuhyun’s voice that she heard:

 

“Hello, this is Miss Seohyun’s personal assistant. Her Majesty’s busy shopping right now, please try again later, thank you.”

 

Kyuhyun hang up before she could even mutter a single word.

 

“Omo. Where are they when I needed them the most? I am going to plan a revolution! Park Jungsu, you will definitely pay for making my life a hell!”

 

“How can an angel make your life a hell?”

 

Taeyeon jumped out of surprise when she saw Jungsu already standing in front of her.

 

“You… How did you find me?”

 

“Let’s just say I have a group of guardian angels like me watching over you.” Jungsu answered.

 

“Stop tainting the title of an angel. It does not suit you and what you’re doing. You know what is this? This is abuse!” Taeyeon yelled.

 

“Abuse! That is a big word. Amazing, you actually know that word. If this is abuse, then what do you call the behavior that you showed to your previous manager? Isn’t that abuse” Jungsu’s face and voice hardened. “For your information, this isn’t abuse. This is discipline. I bet you did not know that word. If you don’t get your act together, we have no choice but to be stuck with each other. Unless you want to stay with me.”

 

Jungsu thought that argument settled it all but then Taeyeon had another disappearing act again. Jungsu was already losing his mind.

 

“AISH!” Jungsu blurted out. Siwon and Kyuhyun turned to his direction and sighed.

 

Poor boys…