Girls Meet The Boys 2/2

Twinkle

 

“First day of the job and he’s late. Okay, that’s exactly what I wanted,” Seohyun sarcastically said while rolling her eyes. “And he has the guts to tell me to meet him here because he does not know where to go!” She ran down the stairs and she stopped at the sight of a tall man standing there seemingly waiting for somebody. 

 

“Hey you! You are just new here and here you are telling me what to do and you know what I hate you coming late to the assigned time. For your information, I will be your boss so let me tell you my ru-“

 

Kyuhyun turned around and casually fixed his tie. He looked at her with a blank face like he was already immune to scoldings. Seohyun trailed off and was surprised to see a person like him. She looked at him from head to toe.

 

“So…uhm… hi,” Seohyun said, lost for words.

 

“Excuse me, can you close your mouth?” Kyuhyun said, tilting his head. “I think you are drooling.”

 

“Excuse me?!” Seohyun answered, waking up from her trance. On the other hand, she became self-conscious because she might be really drooling. But wait a minute, she won’t drool over a personal assistant. She won’t ever settle for someone like him. A princess choosing a pauper, she won’t have that cliché love story seen in TV. He won’t be the guy that she would fall for despite the fact that – okay, she’ll admit it – he has good looks, he has charismatic aura and not to mention he has nice body built: tall, lean, not so muscular but he has toned body. It is apparent in the shirt and vest that he was wearing.  His gazes can be sharp yet so tantalizing. He is so hot... oops, wait, what was she thinking about? She does not like the guy. No and never in her wildest dreams.

 

“I know some really can’t help it. Although I still don’t know how much interest you have in me but I am sure you have interest in me.  So I am already telling you this. Sorry, you are not my type.” Kyuhyun said it in a very straightforward and in a matter-of-fact way.

 

She was flabbergasted. Who does he think he is? Okay, fine, he is handsome from the objective point of view. But he is not the most handsome person in the world for him to be haughty like this? He was so full of himself.

 

“Do you think I will actually like you?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Why not? I am the most handsome personal assistant you could ever have. You are so lucky to have me.” Kyuhyun said as he smirked cockily.  She rolled her eyes. She could not believe him. How cocky can he get?

 

“Let’s make this clear. You are not my type, either.” Seohyun said firmly. “Never.

 

“Good then.” Kyuhyun approached her and walked around her, scrutinizing her from head to toe. “You can never be pretty in my eyes.”

 

“You can never be pretty in my eyes.” It struck her hard. It made her wanted to launch into a lengthy discussion of how guys would go all means just to get closer to her. She even wanted to urge him to go to an eye doctor. There might be something wrong in his eyes. There is definitely a problem. She knew it.

 

“By the way, I forget to introduce myself. Cho Kyuhyun’s the name.” He stretched his hand but she did not accept it.

 

He sheepishly pulled it back.

 

“I don’t have to introduce myself to you because I think you know my name very well already and I don’t have to shake hands with you because we don’t belong in the same level. You are just my personal assistant.” Seohyun said, eyeing him sharply.

 

“Okay. It’s better that we have established our relationship. I want to set our boundaries right.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“And he really must be the one to set the boundaries? Should not I be the one to do that?” Seohyun thought to himself.

 

“Excuse me, I have to go. Just wait for me at the company, okay?” She said finally leaving Kyuhyun.

 

“Got the taste of your own medicine, Princess? Don’t you know that the first one to get pissed is the one who loses? I think I will like this game.” Kyuhyun muttered to himself, a sly smile playing in his lips, as he watched Seohyun walked away.

--------------------

 

Tiffany arrived at the group’s “headquarters”. This is where her bodyguard is supposed to meet her. The first time that she checked upon arriving (aside from her face in front of the mirror) is of course, her beloved pet.

 

“Where’s my little Jackie?!” She called. “Your gorgeous mom is here…” said Tiffany. When there was still no sign of the dog, Tiffany started getting worried.

 

“Jackson, where are you?” She called out again. She searched under the tables and chairs but there was no presence of him. She walked out to their mini garden where the group usually had their small talk over a cup of tea and dessert.

 

“Arf, arf!”

 

Tiffany searched around for the sound and found her beloved pet on the gutter of the roof. How the dog got there was still a mystery. She frantically looked for something that would help her rescue her dog. Luckily, she found a ladder resting against the wall. She carried the ladder and placed it below the puppy’s position. She carefully climbed the ladder. It was something that she has done for the first time for the sake of her darling puppy. She picked the puppy gently and cradled close to her body.

 

“Jackson, don’t do it again. Do you know how difficult it is to climb the ladder with heels on?”  Tiffany reprimanded her puppy lovingly. She began to go down the ladder, carrying the puppy in her left hand while holding the ladder with her dominant hand. On the other hand, accidents could really happen.

 

Tiffany stepped wrongly at the ladder and it toppled over. Tiffany closed her eyes waiting for her body to hit that solid floor when someone broke her fall. She felt muscular arms carrying her. She opened her eyes and looked at her savior. One look and he took her breath away.

 

“Are you Park Tiffany? My name is Choi Siwon, your new bodyguard.”

 

She has fallen in love with a hero.

 

He is handsome like a prince. He has amazing body built. He just came right in time for her to rescue her just like a superhero. He is her Superman.

 

She nodded hypnotically at him. She was awaken from her trance when her dog her face. At the same time, Siwon also noticed that he was holding her closer, invading her personal space for a time that extends beyond what he was allowed to have according to the canons of being a bodyguard. But for Tiffany, if this moment stood forever, then please be it.

 

“I’m so sorry,” Siwon said apologetically as he placed her down. Tiffany pouted at his action. She placed Jackson down and watched him scurried inside.

--------------

 

Every look at him makes her difficult to breathe but she likes it that way. She was skimming down his profile and credentials but it was doubtful that she understood all that what was said in the document because most of the time she was stealing glances at the handsome man’s visage. Occasionally she caught on words like “rescue”, “President”, “assassination”. She paid more of her attention to his profile… his age, his birthday, zodiac sign, blood type etc.

 

“You are amazing. You are like the hero who stars in the movies.” She said excitedly. She put her elbows on the table with her face placed on her two hands. “You must be really really great!” She said with her sparkling eyes.

 

Siwon was starting to get uncomfortable in his seat. Tiffany is too loud and enthusiastic for his liking.

 

“So do you have a girlfriend?”  Tiffany asked.

 

“No. And I am not interested,” Siwon replied coldly like he have always used this line to all the girls he met. “I am here for professional purposes only, Ms. Park. If we have no other businesses to talk about, I guess this meeting is over. I will just report tomorrow.” He stood up and bowed at her.

 

“Nice to meet you, Ms. Tiffany Park. I am going now.”

 

Busted. Rejected. That hurts. Is she not beautiful enough for him? She watched him walk away. He is a cold city man. Just her type of guy. Opposites do attract, right? She is now more determined. She likes this challenge and she will make sure she will win him.