The Boys...

Twinkle

 

Park Jungsu

 

Park Jungsu should have foreseen that this thing would happen. He should not have joked his hyung about it. Now, the karma was working against him. All his mockings were now coming back to him.

 

Jungsu is a hardworking assistant manager of Lee Jinhoon. He is some sort of apprentice to him until the time comes when a new group will debut and that group will be the first talent under him. So for the meantime, his job is to deal with his hyung’s unmanageable talents.

 

First, there was Kim Heechul, the tactless actor. Everything that comes out of his mouth became the headline the following day. Every slip-up became a huge scandal. He particularly did not care about what the reactions of other people as long as he said what he wanted to say. Jungsu had gone so many measures just to explain his side and brought him back to the good light.

 

Then came Jung Jessica, the ice princess, the cold singer-actress. So many times he had set apologies for the ice princess’ attitude towards the media; all those walk-outs and sometimes harsh comments when she did not like the questions that were asked to her.

 

Now, here comes the latest addition, Twinkle which was triple the trouble.

 

Geez, how can he make it through? He just prayed that the first group that will be assigned to him would not be as bad as those. He had enough. He was actually considering talking to CEO about it. He was still trying to reverse the situation but he knew that once the CEO had made up his mind, it was already final. However, it would not hurt if he tried. He once again read the sticky note,

 

Find a personal assistant for Seohyun (preferably the one she cannot easily bully)

 

Where on earth would he find a PA like that?

 

Have a top agent for Tiffany (emphasis on top agent, you are required to show credentials)

 

Who does she think she is? President of South Korea?

 

Lastly meet the leader Kim Taeyeon and introduce yourself as their temporary manager.

 

Temporary. He will remember that word. Temporary. For now. Until his hyung regained his sanity.

 

He was about to pick his phone up when it rang all of the sudden.

 

“Well speaking of,” he said as he answered the call.

 

“Hey CEO, how nice of you to contact me.”

 

“Congratulations Jungsu for having the chance to handle Twinkle. I tell you, it will help you a lot.”

 

Experience-wise, of course it will help him a lot as if he had not encountered so much problematic people before. He was suppressing hard not to answer the CEO with ‘Yeah, right.’

 

“It’s such an honor, CEO,” Jungsu said trying to hide the tone in his voice that spells sarcastic.

 

“I have good news for you. I’ll provide a little help. I’ve already found a personal assistant for Seohyun.” The CEO told him.

 

Thank God in heavens, one less workload. Where on galaxy did that old man find that personal assistant? He just hoped that person would last.

 

“I’ve decided to give the job to my grandson Kyuhyun. That would give him exposure to the business. But his identity must be kept hidden.”

 

Okay. He’ll take back the Thank You. That kid was another brat. But he admits that he could be a good match against Seohyun. As they say putting two negatives together would yield a positive result. Well, it depends on the operation though, if you simply combine them, it would remain negative whereas if you multiply them together, a positive result will come out. He wished they’d multiply though. That sounded quite wrong. What was he thinking? Anyways, he just hoped that they would not add another pain to the already throbbing head of his. You know the catch? He has not even met any of them yet and his head was already hurting like crazy. He would keep his fingers crossed that until the time his hyung came back, he would still have his sanity.

--------------------

 

Cho Kyuhyun

 

“What? I’ll be personal assistant to Twinkle’s Seohyun?!” He said, almost smashing the keys of his game console when the sudden distraction caused a “Game Over” message to be flashed on the screen.

 

“Well you’re the one who said it in the first place.” Suho answered. Suho is the right-hand guy of Kyuhyun’s grandfather.

“For your information, I’d rather work hard as personal assistant than enjoying the comforts here being your student.” Suho recited while imitating Kyuhyun.

 

“You know what? It really looks bad when you imitate how my grandfather tried to imitate me. You murdered it.” Kyuhyun told Suho.

 

“You know how many people will be willing to die just to get your place?”

 

“That is probably the case. They are all dead now, that is why they get me.” Kyuhyun said nonchalantly. “Excuse me, I care for my life.” Suho who was used to the witty sarcastic Kyuhyun just shook his head.

 

Kyuhyun read the profile of Twinkle. “Twinkle - The shiny shimmering stars that fell from the sky…” he snickered. “What’s up with that name? And the catchphrase? So corny.” He then tossed the leaflet carelessly back to the table.

 

“Hey, don’t you make fun of their name. Their fans may retaliate.”

 

“Are you one of those?”

 

Suho quieted down because he knew that was partly true.

 

Cho Kyuhyun, he is the reluctant heir of Starlight Entertainment. He is the long lost grandson of Cho Min Soo. Actually, he is an illegitimate child. He was a lovechild of Min Soo’s son and a local independent singer. His father met his mother when he was on the run from his arranged marriage. His parents intended to get married but his grandfather interfered. He got his father back to marry another woman. It would be such a disgrace to the company’s name. That was the reasoning of his grandfather. To his grandfather’s dismay, the marriage did not last. They divorced eventually. His father died in a car accident. Unfortunately, he left no heir because they did not have any children. Since Min Soo was not willing to pass the company to persons outside his bloodline, he went out of his way to search for Kyuhyun.

 

But to Kyuhyun, his grandfather was not searching for a grandson. he was simply searching for an heir.

 

He did not treat him as a relative. His grandfather only saw him as an instrument to be used for his plans.

 

Now, he could see that his grandfather was already trying to weave his future out of his own hands. But he won’t easily succumb to that. Looking at the brighter side, this was a great opportunity for him to escape the ‘prison cell’ he was in.

 

Choi Siwon

 

Korea Intelligence Agency – Seoul Headquarters

 

These were the words that were engraved on the wall at the entrance of a huge building at the center of metropolitan. This was where the CEO sent Jungsu to look for the top agent Tiffany was looking for.

 

He stepped in front and the glass door automatically slid open. A big-boned man in shades and black suit welcomed him as if he was really expecting him to be there.

 

“I supposed you are Mr. Park Jungsu, welcome to our headquarters. This way please,” He said with a bow and then he led him upstairs to the private meeting room.

 

Jungsu stood behind the man and watched him as he punched some complicated keys at the door. There was a click and the door opened allowing them to gain access.

 

Another man in a business suit was sitting in front of the mahogany table facing the door. He looked like he was already in his mid-fifties. A few silver hairs were already sticking out of his black hair.

 

“What can I do for you, Mr. Park?”

--------

 

Meanwhile, some men were already sticking their ears near the door trying to catch their conversation. Rumors spread like fire and in a matter of milliseconds, it was the news in headquarters. Tiffany was just like a princess looking for a prince. She had all the legible bachelors lining up for her. 

 

“Aish! I can’t hear anything!” the bodyguard wannabe number 1 told the other bodyguard wannabes who have gathered in a pile in front of the door.

 

“Of course, you won’t hear a thing. It is sound proof.” The number one killjoy by the name of Choi Siwon told them. He was the Mr. Serious Guy aka the Top Agent of the Year awardee. He does all things seriously. He was actually a very handsome guy especially when he smiles because it shows his deep dimple on his cheek. However, those smiles were very rare to see now ever since a special person in his life went away. Since then he had dedicated his whole life to work, doing his very best with the hopes that he would be qualified to CIA. Well, he was now one of the strongest candidates.

--------

 

“You need a bodyguard for Ms. Tiffany? It will not be a problem; there are many willing and able candidates here for that position.”

 

“But I rather have a non-fan. I want to avoid the situation wherein the bodyguard is the number one suspect.” Jungsu told the chief.

 

“Okay, we still have members who are well-disciplined and have a lot of self-control regarding that.”   The chief answered.

 

“I still have one criterion left. He must be the top agent here and I need credentials to back that up.”

 

“WHAT?!” The flabbergasted chief looked at him with large eyes and Jungsu just smiled.

------

 

“Why does it have to be me?” Siwon asked when the news was finally announced to him.

 

“Because they need a top agent and your credentials are astounding. You are highly qualified.” Yunho answered.

 

“Why does it have to be a top agent? Is she a prime minister? Is she a president or a relative of a president?”

 

“Siwon, look at it on a brighter side. You now have time to relax. It is a much lighter job. You are keeping yourself busy to forget her, I know. But you deserve some rest too. Don’t worry, you still have a chance to get to CIA.” Yunho told him.

-------

 

Jungsu scanned through the records of Choi Siwon and once in a while he would let out an interjection of amusement at his accomplishments.

 

Saved the first son of the President from being assassinated

 

Discovered a drug den and arrested the people behind it

 

Stopped a government conspiracy by the minority party to overthrow the president

 

He just could not help but imagine what it would look like if he added this new job of his to his record.

 

Prevented an idol from being kidnapped by crazy overzealous fans

 

“So how is it?” The chief asked and it showed in his face how he was so reluctant to let go one of the assets of his agency.

 

“He’s accepted.” Jungsu answered. He closed the file and placed it inside his briefcase. He stood up and shook the hand of the chief. “It’s a deal.”

--------------------

 

Back in the manager’s lounge…

 

Kyuhyun was slumped in the couch. Siwon was standing straight by the door. Both of them were waiting for Jungsu to arrive. Moments later, Jungsu arrived.

 

“So guys, welcome aboard!” He greeted them with a smile. But all that he received were unenthusiastic facial expressions of the two.

 

“As if I have a choice,” Siwon muttered.

 

“As if we all have a choice.” Kyuhyun corrected him.

 

“I could not agree more,” Jungsu added.

 

And the three of them sighed.

 

PREVIEW…

 

“So you’ve you finally done your job. It took quite a short time, I am surprised.” Taeyeon said marching inside the manager’s lounge. “

 

“Because I’m so great.” The swivel chair turned around and Taeyeon saw an unfamiliar face.

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Park Jungsu, your group’s new manager-in-charge.” He said then he crossed his legs. “So how’s your day, Kim Taeyeon? Ms. Storm? Seagull star?”

 

“Storm? Seagull star? Stop calling me like that.

 

So the showdown begins.

--------

 

“First day of the job and he’s late. Okay, that’s exactly what I wanted,” Seohyun sarcastically said while rolling her eyes. “And he has the guts to tell me to meet him here because he does not know where to go!” She ran down the stairs and she stopped at the sight of a tall man standing there seemingly waiting for somebody.  

 

“Hey you! You are just new here and here you are telling me what to do and you know what I hate you coming late to the assigned time. For your information, I will be your boss so let me tell you my ru-“

 

Kyuhyun turned around and casually fixed his tie. He looked at him with a blank face like he was already immune to scoldings. Seohyun trailed off and was surprised to see a person like him. She looked at him from head to toe.

 

“So…uhm… hi,” Seohyun said, lost for words.

 

What will happen when two brats meet? Will the other one give in?

---------

 

Tiffany stepped wrongly at the ladder and it toppled over. Tiffany closed her eyes waiting for her body to hit that solid floor when someone broke her fall. She felt muscular arms carrying her. She opened her eyes and looked at her savior. One look and he took her breath away.

 

“Are you Park Tiffany? My name is Choi Siwon, your new bodyguard.”

 

She has fallen in love with a hero.