The Girls...

Twinkle

 

They keep turning heads wherever they go. Fans were not only the ones who got entranced by their presence but also their co-celebrities especially the males. Whenever they passed by them, they could not help but took a double look. In return, they simply laughed it off and shrugged their shoulders like it was something that they got used to have everyday. Grabbing attention was never new to them. What can they do? Everybody loves them.

 

Yes everybody, with just the exception of a few who have witnessed what they could be behind the cameras.

 

Seohyun

 

 To most of the people, Seohyun is a charming maknae. But to the few who have worked with her behind the scenes, she is one spoiled brat. Being the only child in a very rich and influential family and the maknae of a the top trio group, she was used to be showered with love and special treatments. Everything she wanted, she got it very effortlessly. Because it was spoonfed to her. She did not have to pass the auditions to get casted as the last member of Twinkle. She instantly claimed that spot. All that she needed were the right connections. She is lucky she got talent so it was not very much an issue.

 

Mrs. Seo entered the room of her princess carrying a tray of breakfast for her. She walked over to the queen-size four poster bed where her daughter was still in her peaceful slumber. The daylight drained through the thin white curtains that draped around the bed.

 

“Wake up, my baby princess,” her mother whispered to her ear. Seohyun stirred and slowly opened her eyes. She sat up and stretched her arms over her head while her mom placed the breakfast tray on her bed.

 

“Congratulations darling for winning an award.”

 

“Thank you mom,” she said while sipping the apple juice.

 

“Because of that, your dad bought you a present. I’m sure you will love it, they are your favorite item.”

 

Seohyun got so excited she immediately hopped out of the bed. She even forgot to remove the rollers on her hair. She quickly dashed down the grand spiral staircase. Mrs. Seo followed her. Downstairs, Mr. Seo was already waiting for her.

 

“Because you love shoes so much, I want to give these all to you.”

 

No it was not just a pair of shoes or two pairs of shoes. Neither was it just a three pairs of shoes. It was half a dozen pairs of shoes. Each maid held a pair and they were all lined up in two columns in front of her.

 

Seohyun’s eyes widened and took a shape of an “o” in shock. “This is so wonderful, thank you dad,” she said while embracing her father.

 

“You’re welcome,” her dad replied. “By the way, enjoy yourself here. I and your mom have to go already,” He said then he gave her daughter a peck on the cheek.

 

“Goodbye angel. Eat well okay?” Her mother said while and she too gave her daughter a kiss.

 

“See you later, my angel,” her dad called out as he bid farewell. Seohyun watched them as their car left.

 

“Angel? More like an angel with a tail,” One of the maids muttered. She was referring to the way Seohyun could like a good girl in front of her parents and people and be a mean girl to those who were lower than her. Seohyun’s head whipped to the direction of the sound and glared at the speaker.

 

“What did you say?” Seohyun asked with a sharp voice. “Do you want me to fire you?” She charged in front of her. She advanced to her. Her temper was rising to its boiling point. The maid walked shakily until she almost hit the wall. “How dare you speak about me in that way?! You should know that I –“

 

“Miss Seohyun, pardon her for her misconduct,” an old woman interfered. She is Matron Yoowon, the household help of the Seo family for the longest year. The maid was lucky that Matron Yoowon was there to mediate and stop the fire before it was further ignited.

 

Matron Yoowon and the offender excused themselves and talked inside the maids’ quarters. “You should not behave in that way especially in front of Miss Seohyun. You would not want her to be her enemy. I tell you.” She reprimanded her.

 

“But –“

 

“Don’t argue. Just do your job, okay?”

------------

 

“Get those shoes in my room and bring my breakfast here,” Seohyun ordered.

 

“Yes, miss.” The maids inserted the shoes back in their respective boxes and carried them back to that flight of stairs and to her room.

 

“Has any of you know my class schedule for today? Has it been rescheduled?”

 

Nobody answered because no one knew the answer. It was the job of her personal assistant.

 

“Miss Seohyun, where are we going to place the letters and gifts you have received?” Another maid entered and she was carrying with difficulty a box heavy-laden with letters, packages, and bouquets.

 

“It has not been organized yet?!” She said with gritted teeth after seeing the things all jumbled up. “Where’s my assistant?! Na Eun-shi! Where’s that good-for-nothing girl?!”

 

“Miss Seohyun, you just fired her a week ago,” Matron Yoowon told her. Seohyun was shocked. She forgot about that. Well, she was not the type of person who remembered this kind of things. Judging from the way she switched assistants like she was just changing her profile picture in her account, it would be really hard to remember.

 

“The management has not given me one yet?!” Seohyun said, her temper rising again and her mood was hardly improving. “They said they will be the one in charge of hiring personal assistant. Manager did not do his job again. Argh! Gonna call unnie! He will surely receive what he’s looking for. When will he learn?”

 

Tiffany

 

With her pretty looks, captivating eyesmiles, and cheerful personality, it was without a doubt that she instantly became the most popular girl in school, much to the dislike of her sister Park Bom who has been her unknown competition ever since. Number one stealer of attention, she became the queenka and was revered by everyone. Because she was the queenka, she earned a following, her very own minions who were ready to be her servants.

 

Up to now her minions still exist and remain to be at her side assisting her in every way. Her queenka attitude still continues; the type of attitude where she thought she was the most important person in the world. She arrives late at her schedules. She only arrives when she is sure she is the only person that they have been waiting. It has always been a grand entrance for her. But do they complain? No. She has charmed them not to complain. With just one greeting with her smiling eyes, everything is fine again.

 

 Tiffany always highly regarded herself. Everyday upon waking up, she faces the mirror and tells herself cockily, “Tiffany, you are so awesome.”

 

Her queenka attitude was only heightened by a recent incident where they were performing at a festival and suddenly a stranger climbed up the stage and attempted to take Tiffany away from the stage. Now she wanted the manager to hire a special agent. Because she thought that the bodyguards from the agencies of the company were incompetent to safeguard her safety.

 

“Miss Tiffany, the management has not sent you a new bodyguard yet, has it?” One of her lady minions asked her as she checked the surroundings around her. She seems to be infected by Tiffany’s paranoia. Fortunately, Tiffany’s paranoia state toned down and she was now not very much worried that someone would kidnap her if she went out. Still, a bodyguard top agent was still a requirement.

 

Tiffany was sitting prettily down a chair cuddling her white poodle that she named Jackson while her other minions were choosing clothes for her. “It is not a new bodyguard,” she corrected her. “What I need is a top agent, the one who excels in martial arts and other methods of combat. That is the kind of person that could offer me full protection.”

 

Just then her cellphone beeped. One of her minions fished her phone from her newly bought LV bag and gave it to her. It was a text message from Seohyun.

 

Unnie, tell Taeyeon-unnie, manager has not given me a new personal assistant yet. He works so slow.

 

Tiffany replied. Okay, Seobaby. I’ll tell Tae. I also haven’t got my top agent also.

 

“Miss Tiffany, your sister is there.” Her assistant pointed to someone who was walking along the mall followed by the press people. Tiffany looked toward the direction and immediately spotted the red-haired lady at the middle, surrounded by media handing microphones and recorders in front of her.

 

Tiffany came over followed by her two minions who walked after her like dogs following their master. “Bom-unnie,” she called waving one of the front legs of her dog like saying ‘hi’ to them.

 

So here she is again, stealing the spotlight to herself, Bom thought and watched her younger sister ambled to her direction. She smiled curtly at her as she reached her. The reporters instantly switched their attention to the younger Park and interviewed her. Bom raised one of her eyebrows as the press started bombarding her questions from the recent win of Twinkle, to the attempted kidnapping incident and up to the future plans of the group.

 

She watched Tiffany answer the questions enthusiastically with her trademark smile. She really enjoyed having the limelight especially if she stole it from someone else’s. There she goes boasting about her new bag, her pet dog etc.

 

“Ostentatious.” Bom said under her breath.

 

Taeyeon

 

Taeyeon is one hell of a perfectionist and demanding person. Her motto in life is: What Taeyeon wants, Taeyeon must get and she must get it the way she wanted it to be. She won’t settle for less. You have to be certain that you could follow her orders lest you want to be in her wrong side.

 

Once she sent a new coordi to buy her a set of perfumes. She was totally enraged when the coordi bought a different brand to replace the single perfume that had gone out of stock. Taeyeon was very particular with details and she did not like it when things did not go the way she wanted them to be.

 

Poor coordi, Taeyeon did not accept any of her excuses such as she was just new and the fact that the perfume she bought had almost the same smell as the perfume that she wanted.

“Stop making excuses, just vanish your face in front of me,” Taeyeon growled at her.

 

Taeyeon only accepted her apology when the coordi searched all over Seoul for that specific brand of perfume and gave it to her.

 

A simple curl in her hair that gone wrong and she wanted her hair to be redone. A tiny bit of detail in her costume that has gone disarray and she would not wear it until it was replaced. A single bit in the script that she did not like and she would not attend the show.

 

She was the biggest headache of her manager. ‘Manager’s enemy no. 1’, that’s who she was. Aside from that, there was also another title for her. Have you heard of the term ‘seagull manager’? According to the dictionary, a seagull manager is a “person whose interaction with the work force consists in arriving, criticizing everything and everybody harshly, and leaving again”. If there was such a person as seagull manager, then Taeyeon can be called a seagull star.

 

She would just barge inside the managers’ lounge and started scolding the manager of his inadequacies and even criticizing his taste in fashion. Contrary to her name, she was never calm when she did that. Everytime she goes there, she was like a raging storm or a huge tornado that suddenly passed by. As the leader, she was the spokesperson of the group and God knew how many were their complaints and as a representative, she was there raining it all on them.

 

A slam of the door and everyone in the manager’s lounge knew who has arrived.

 

She stomped towards Jinhoon’s table and slammed her hand on the table.

 

“What kind of manager are you? It has been one week and you still have not found a replacement for Seohyun’s assistant. You also haven’t found someone competent enough to guard Tiffany?! What if there was another kidnapping incident again? What would you do?! Can you pay our life’s worth? And I have already told you that I do not want to attend that show. I want to attend the other one. I have already told you that!”

 

Jinhoon wanted to retort but he was cut off again.

 

“What the heck is that jacket? It is so old-fashioned. We are now in the 21st century, excuse me,” Taeyeon said eyeing the jacket that he was wearing. Then without another word she left with her nose stuck up in the air. She walked out like nothing ever happened.

 

The exasperated manager reclined to his chair when his assistant, Jungsu peeked over his cubicle.

 

“Hyung, has the ‘storm’ ended?”

 

“Shut up,” Jinhoon replied throwing a crumpled paper on him but Jungsu quickly ducked and dodged the flying object.

-----------------

 

The next day Jungsu found a note pinned on his bulletin board.

 

“Jungsu, I have talked with CEO Cho already and he approved my leave. He also approved the authorization I have given to you as the substitute manager of Twinkle, for now. Since Heechul and Jessica still has not come back yet.

 

Here are your tasks by the way:

1.       Find a personal assistant for Seohyun (preferably the one she cannot easily bully)

2.       Have a top agent for Tiffany (emphasis on top agent, you are required to show credentials)

3.       Lastly meet the leader Kim Taeyeon and introduce yourself as their temporary manager.

 

I suggest you do the first 2 tasks before meeting seagull star Taeyeon unless you want to witness a storm.

 

Work well and good luck!

 

-your hyung, Jinhoon

 

“WHAT?! I am going to manage them?! I got to deal with that seagull! That storm! NO WAY!”