A New Chapter

Twinkle

 

Instead of reviewing her schedules for the following days, Tiffany busied herself in her sugar-coated dreams where she is the damsel in distress and Siwon is her knight in shining armor and together they will share their own sweet fairy tale ending. Floating in the cloud nine, she began humming a song she wanted to dedicate to her dream guy. “What can I do to make you love me? What can I do to make you care?” She picked up Siwon’s file again and stared at it for the nth time of the day.

 

“You are really so handsome. I like you very much,” Tiffany said as she caressed the picture. However, something suddenly interrupted her daydreaming session.

 

“Argh!” Seohyun screamed as she barged inside and slammed the door. “That guy is so damn arrogant!” Seohyun dumped the shopping bags that she was handling down the floor.

 

Tiffany was startled and she quickly jumped in fright at the sound of the slamming door. “Seohyunnie, please don’t arrive like that. You scared the hell out of me!” Tiffany said, clutching her chest. “Who is this guy and why is your blood boiling over him? And why are you the only one who is bringing those? I thought you already have a new personal assistant?” Tiffany pointed at the shopping bags sprawled on the floor.

 

“That personal assistant and the guy that makes my blood boil is the same person! That personal assistant is that Mr. Arrogant! He is so cocky! He is so confident about himself! He is so… ARGH!!!” yelled the infuriated Seohyun.

 

“Can you relax for a bit? Can you just sit down for a while?” Tiffany offered. She stood up and gave the vacant space she left for Seohyun. Seohyun sat down and ruffled her hair out of frustration and kicked her feet down the floor.

 

“Unnie, do you know what he did to me?” Seohyun said with her hair all messed up covering her hair. “He humiliated me!”

 

“How?” Tiffany asked and then Seohyun began narrating her first meeting with him. Tiffany sat beside her.

 

“And you know what else did he do?!” Seohyun screamed as she pushed her hair back, away from her face.

 

“What?” Tiffany asked, becoming more curious about this guy because this was the first time that she saw Seohyun acted like this. She knew this was not the maknae’s usual tantrum moments.

---------------------

 

“Good afternoon, Miss Seohyun,” one of the staff greeted as she entered the waiting room together with Kyuhyun to get the shopping bags that she left.

 

“Excuse me, Miss Seohyun, but who is he? Is he your boyfriend?” the girl asked. Seohyun raised a brow to her. Perhaps this girl is new. Perhaps no one has ever told her that she does not exchange conversation with people in her status. She is so nosy. She does not like her even more. She surely deserved a piece of mind from her.

 

“It’s none of your busi-“
 

“Me? Her boyfriend? Eeeww.” Kyuhyun remarked. Seohyun was outraged. She snatched the shopping bags from Kyuhyun’s hands. “I am going home alone. Don’t you dare follow me!!!”

--------

 

“Do I look like a filthy scumbag?!” Seohyun asked at the top of her voice. “Unnie, why are you laughing?” she asked when Tiffany burst out laughing.

 

“Ouch, Seobaby. That was not only a rejection. That was repulsion. He surely stepped on your pride.” Tiffany said in between the chuckles.

 

“Oh yeah, just keep adding salt to my already wounded pride.” The maknae replied in a sarcastic voice.

 

“Honestly, I think I know why do you hate that guy so much? He is the first guy who does not go gaga over you. I think you just met your anti-fan. Or maybe you hate him because you actually like him but he does not pay attention to you.” said Tiffany.

 

“Me, liking him? No way. Eew to him too.” Seohyun snapped.  “I want to fire him.”

 

“So are you just going to give up because this guy is so annoying? You never once lose your game Seohyun.” Tiffany advised. “Why don’t you give him a hard time at least?”

 

“You have a point, unnie. Cho Kyuhyun deserves to be punished.” Seohyun said with a sinister smile forming in her lips.

-------------------

 

After storming outside the manager’s lounge, Taeyeon proceeded to the cafeteria to drink a cup of coffee in order to calm herself. Contrary to others, the coffee does not make her feel agitated; instead, it has a soothing effect on her. However this time, the coffee seemed to be ineffective because the moment that she read the set of rules that Leeteuk had given her, her blood once again reached its boiling point.

 

As your new manager, here are my rules and regulations:

 

  1. For Ms. Kim Taeyeon, since she is the leader, she must set a good example to her members. Thus, she must act properly and treat everyone appropriately, that is, all the staff members that will assist the group, and she must inculcate this attitude to all members.
  2. No one is allowed to ditch a schedule unless there is a valid reason for it. Validity is of course based on the manager’s judgment. Every member must act professionally as expected from them ALWAYS.
  3. Tardiness is not allowed. The leader should be the one responsible for ensuring that her members will not break this rule.
  4. Any complaints/requests of the members will be addressed to the leader as practiced. However, the manager will be the one to decide whether to grant it or not and what course of action should be taken.
  5. A curfew shall be enforced to the group. Everyone must be at the dorm by 12 midnight except when there is a schedule or when the person is on vacation or is together with her family or in the case of emergency.  
  6. As mentioned at the item number 1, the leader must be the role model for her members so the managers will closely watching over her until all of these rules are followed.

 

Good luck and nice to meet you.

 

Taeyeon crumpled the paper angrily and throw it forcefully on the floor. “PARK JUNGSU!!!”

 

“Excuse me, miss. Littering is not allowed here,” the old uber-obsessed to cleanliness janitress reprimanded her when she noticed the crumpled paper on the floor. “Please pick up your trash and after you have finished your coffee, throw your empty cup also to the trash bin. Make sure you segregate them…” she droned on and on.

 

“Just my luck!” Taeyeon hissed. She reluctantly picked up the crumpled paper and dumped it into the nearby trash bin together with the empty cup of coffee.

 

Outside the Starlight Entertainment building, Taeyeon patiently waited for the company driver to pick her up when she saw again the bad apparition of the person she despised the most.

 

“Hey, what are you doing here? Can you just leave me alone for now, at least?” Taeyeon snapped.

 

“Is that the proper way of talking to your manager? Looks like the close monitoring period will be extended further because the leader is so hard-headed.” Jungsu replied. “Besides, you still have to introduce me to your members.”

 

The car arrived and Jungsu, being the gentleman, opened the door for Taeyeon. “After you, please.” Taeyeon darted a sharp glance at him before entering the car.

 

The ride to the dorm was one silent torture to Taeyeon who has to endure Jungsoo’s presence by her side. It annoyed her when he said that she should start to get used to it. When they reached the dorm, Taeyeon made sure that she was several steps ahead of Jungsu. She simply could not bear him.

 

Before Taeeyon pressed the doorbell, she faced Jungsu first. “Can you leave right after your introduction?”

 

“Excuse me but you are not in the position to order me.” Jungsu retorted.

-----------------

 

The doorbell rang and Tiffany came to open the door. She was surprised to see Taeyeon accompanied by an unknown guy. It was her first time seeing him.

 

“Who is he, Taeyeon?” she asked in a whisper.

 

Taeyeon entered and gathered all the members around. “Girls, this is Mr. Park Jungsu, our manager-in-charge while manager Jinhoon is still in vacation.”

 

“New manager?” Tiffany and Seohyun chorused and looked at each other.