Their Sparkling Side

Twinkle

 

Even when hidden, I twinkle, what can be done?
I stand out completely
Even when shrouded in a veil
I twinkle, it’s obvious

 

The cameras are ready. The spotlight is on. Everybody is anticipating for the arrival of the three freshest and brightest stars of the generation. Dubbed as the brightest stars that have fallen from the sky, they are Twinkle, the newest addition in the arena of girl groups battling to the top and it looks like they really have a great chance of achieving that sweet taste of success.

 

True to their name indeed, everywhere they go, they catch the attention of everyone. Their name shines everywhere like stars that never cease to sparkle. Their name always tops the headlines of the entertainment news, creating buzz not only in tinseltown but in the whole nation. Barely reaching their second month in the show business, the group has already reached immense popularity. Imagine getting the Triple Crown award within that span of time. The overwhelming number of people that came to their every performance is already more than enough as evidence.

 

Now, they have reached this far. Tonight is one of their live performances for their self-titled debut album. However tonight is not just any other night. Tonight, they are expected to receive the Rookie of the Year Award.

 

Pink lights could be seen from afar coming from their fans who traveled far and wide just to see them. They are gathered at the periphery barricaded by iron fences. All of them want to see the red carpet moment of their idols. The people of the press positioned themselves along the sides of the red carpet trying to get the perfect angle to capture the best of the celestial beings that will soon tread down that crimson mat.

 

“They are finally coming!” One whispered in a highly-enthusiastic manner. Equally excited whispers followed which made the whole welcoming party more eager to see them. The sound of the car resonates in the background and everyone turned their heads toward the sound. A black limousine appeared and stopped right in front of the entertainment hall.  Bright flashes of camera instantly surrounded the vicinity. The car opened its doors and revealed the first maiden. 

 

With her blond hair swept to the side, the petite-as-a-doll leader of the trio was the first one to get off. She greeted the fans and media people with a smile and with a beauty queen- like elegance; she waved her hand to the crowd. She is Kim Taeyeon, leader of Twinkle. Never be deceived by her appearance because in that small physique is an enormous amount of strong will. Once she had set her goal, she would not stop until she gets it. That certain trait seems to be contagious to the rest of her members. No wonder, they reached the peak of success at a very surprisingly short rate. Once again, that was Kim Taeyeon, as petite as a doll but possesses a voice greater than anyone else.

 

The next to step out is a pretty lady with the reddish brown hair and lips which need not move to a smile because her eyes already did the job even better. Her eyesmile put the nightly stars to shame. She would not be given the title “Brighter than Gems” for nothing. Introducing Twinkle’s second member Park Tiffany, the “queenka” of the group. She tilted her head and winked to the crowd and then followed Taeyeon.

 

Last but not the least, the talented maknae of the group, Seo Joohyun, more popularly known as Seohyun. Gifted with an angelic face, sweet charms, and wit, she got the longest list of fanboys. Miss Beauty and Brains meets The Heiress, what else can you ask for? As soon as she got out of the limousine, she flipped her long black hair and blew a kiss to the spectators, finally completing the group’s enchantment for everyone to fall under their spell.

 

The fans got crazy and the security had to step in so that the barricade would not give way. Meanwhile, the other personnel paved the trio’s path as they strut their way to the red carpet. Cameras were endlessly flashing here and there and on both sides. The girls smiled and waved tirelessly in front of them ensuring picture perfect images.

 

Clad in their gold glittery outfits, the light creates an illusion of following them anywhere they go. Before entering the hall, they reached the platform and strike their final pose. No doubt, they will be the frontpage of the entertainment news.

-------------------

 

“We are getting closer to announcing who will be the winner of the Rookie of the Year Award,” The MC said. “Aren’t you excited, Ms. Im Yoona?” He asked to the lady beside her who wore an elegant long black gown. Just like the Twinkle, she is also a rookie but in the world of acting. She just received her own award last night.

 

“Of course I am, Shindong-oppa.” Yoona answered. “So far we have witnessed various performances from our rookies and they all did an excellent job.”

 

“But the showdown does not end there. We still have one more group left,” Shindong said.

 

“I heard that this particular group really created a huge splash this year,” Yoona replied. The anticipation of the people heightened with this hint. They already had an idea which group was that.

 

“Like the way you made a splash with your drama,” Shindong said referring to Yoona and her successful acting debut. “Congratulations, by the way.” The flattered Yoona blushed and quickly got back to presenting the artists.

 

“Well, let’s see if they will also bag this year’s trophy like I did,” Yoona said while laughing a bit. “Anyway, let’s give it up to the shiny shimmering stars that fell from the sky…”

 

“TWINKLE!” The two MCs chorused. Immediately a wave of cheers followed and a round of applause ensued inside the hall. The chanting of the fans reverberated in every walls of the chamber, evident of the huge fanbase that the group had established.

 

At the backstage, the girls could clearly hear the roaring of the audience waiting for them to show up. They peeked outside and saw the sea of pink lights among the audience. It is clear indication that they will make it. This night is their night.

 

“Are you ready to shine girls?” The leader started their pep talk routine, a tiny ritual that they did before the start of every performance.

 

 “Tae!” Taeyeon placed her hand palm down at the center of the circle that they made.

 

“Ti!” Tiffany placed her hand over Taeyeon.

 

“Seo!” Lastly, Seohyun also placed her hand over her two unnies’.

 

“TWINKLE!” They shouted as they all shot their hands up in the air.

-----------------

 

The stage lights dim and the crowd fell silent in an instant. Then one by one the spotlights switched on revealing each member under it.

 

“Aww!!!”

 

The crowd woooed. Tiffany continued her line with her captivating voice.

 

The twinkle, twinkle

The twinkle, twinkle

 

Then the three chorused and what a beautiful medley of voices it created. The audience once again got energized and sang with them.

 

Sumgyeo do twinkle eojjeona? Nune hwahk ttwi janha
Beire ssayeo isseodo naneun twinkle tiga na

 

The stage brightened up and their big name “Twinkle” in neon lights descended from the ceiling and made the stage brighter. The appearance of backup dancers, sparkling background props and lights in several hues made the performance livelier, adding perfection to the already flawless blending of voices. Taeyeon belted out her notes like a song bird. Seohyun made everyone admire her controlled yet powerful voice. Lastly, Tiffany added her own brand of freshness to the song with her beautiful timbre. They gave their all not only in singing but also in dancing. Although the dance steps were simple, they made it look extraordinary.

 

The performance ended and a shower of glossy confetti fell over them. Their show was finished but they were still glowing on stage, hiding their effort to catch breath with a smile.

--------------------

 

And the moment of truth came…

 

“This year’s Rookie of the Year award goes to…”

 

Majority of the crowd went wild screaming their name and waving their pink lightsticks.

 

“TWINKLE! TWINKLE! TWINKLE!”

 

“The fans are really loud…” Shindong commented. “But they are right, 2012 Rookie of the Year goes to Twinkle!”

 

More cheers resulted from that announcement. Another boom and a whole lot of confetti blew everywhere.

 

As the girls climbed up the stage to receive their award and deliver their “Thank You” speech, the executives and other managers went to Mr. Lee Jinhoon, the manager of Twinkle to congratulate him.

 

“You are so lucky to manage talents like them,” they told him.

 

“Really. Thank you. I am indeed so lucky,” he replied.

 

“….NOT.” He muttered under his breath once they were gone. He looked at his reflection on the glossy side of his phone. Did they not notice the dark spot forming under his eyes and the growing number of wrinkles on his forehead? If they only knew what he had to deal with everyday, if only they knew what goes on behind the scenes, surely they would not want to be in his place.

 

His phone rang and he knew right then that it was another greeting.

 

“Congratulations, hyung!”

 

“Park Jungsu, are you trying to be sarcastic?”

 

“No hyung. I think you’re the one who’s sarcastic. Shouldn’t you be celebrating?”

 

“Celebrate? Are you kidding me? One award and that will mean more guestings, more singles, more albums, more projects, and more stress for the poor me. Why don’t you try to be in my place?”

 

“No thanks. I still have Kim Heechul and Jung Jessica in my hands.”

 

“Come on, the two are already in honeymoon now.”

 

“Whatever, hyung. Bye and congratulations again.”

 

No one wanted to be in his place. What a poor manager. He just happens to be assigned to these three divas. He thought he’d seen enough when he handled Kim Heechul and Jung Jessica. If only Jungsu could replace him… He wanted a vacation for once.

---------------

 

His grandfather was in his throne monitoring his artists and he once again included him in this activity, saying that it was part of his training blah blah blah as the sole heir of the company. His grandfather just witnessed the winning moment of the newest of his artists.

 

“Look Kyuhyun, watch how excellent our company is in producing artists.”

 

Whatever, Kyuhyun thought, all that he aims for is the money that those artists will bring in his hands.

 

And he continues to drone on about managing and supervising in this industry blah blah blah… Nothing actually entered his head. He is not interested with it. He deliberately walks out of the entertainment room only to enrage the old man.

 

“Where are you going, Kyuhyun?!”

 

“Out. Away from you.”

 

“Do you want to go back to that lowly place where I’ve picked you?”

 

“For your information, I’d rather work hard as personal assistant than enjoying the comforts here being your student.”

----------------------

 

“Siwon-shi, join our celebration for the victory of Twinkle!”

 

He entered the lounge where the agents spent their short break from their tedious work of spying and figuring out cases. The television is on and they were watching their newest favorite idol saying their winning speech.

 

“I told you, they are going to win.”

 

“I knew it beforehand. They deserved it anyway.”

 

"I am willing to lower my status from being a secret agent or intelligence officer just to be one of their bodyguards."

 

Siwon looked at them incredulously.  It felt like a different world to him. Since when did they become avid fanboys? What was really special with those celebrities that they are willing to abandon their post just to work for them?

 

“Senior said they wanted us in the assembly room now so you better stop your ‘stan’ activities now.”

 

“Aish… you’re really so serious. Have a break, Wonnie.”

 

“It’s just how I am, okay. I don't like that kind of things.”

----------------------

Three ladies and three gentlemen. What will happen if their worlds meet?