The Girls Meet The Boys 1/2

Twinkle

 

The girls have schedule for self-pampering and shopping today. They went to the mall and shared some bonding time. The glass doors slid open as they passed, strutting their own stuff like the whole mall lobby is a big runway for them. Their beautiful locks were bouncing lively behind them as they marched in sync with each other. People started getting their cameras out and capture some pictures here and there which did not go unnoticed by the trio.

 

Tiffany lowered her thick dark glasses a bit just enough for her eyes to peek through. She flashed her bright eye smiles and blew a kiss toward them. Fans deserve fanservice, don’t they? Guys were obviously struck by that and acted like a love arrow has shot them.

 

Taeyeon nudged her by the elbow and whispered to her, “You are way too obvious, Tiffany. Just keep it cool.”

“I agree, unnie. There is a way for showing your charms without making it so much obvious.” With that, Seohyun tossed her long silky hair. A satisfied smile crept down her lips when guys started swooning over her and the girls got the look of mixed admiration and envy on their faces.

 

“Girls, girls, you don’t have to do anything because we can already charm them without even putting an effort to it. We are already captivating just the way we are.” Taeyeon told them. They chuckled and continued to walk with smug smiles on their faces.  

------------

 

Makeups, powders, lipsticks, hair cosmetics, and nail polish were all spread before the wide mirror in front of them. Seohyun who was having her makeup done was whispering something to Tiffany who was having a manicure. It was something that made Tiffany giggle. They both eyed the guy who was standing at the other end of the salon, checking his outfit in front of the full-length mirror.

 

“A cutie, indeed.” Tiffany commented. Their small gossiping-and-cute-guy-hunting moment was disturbed all of a sudden by a shriek coming from their leader.

 

“Ouch! That hurts!” Taeyeon said as she slapped the hand of the hairdresser off her hair. “Can you be at least gentler in handling my hair?”

 

“I’m so sorry, Miss Taeyeon.” The hairdresser said apologetically. “I do not mean to do it.”

 

Taeyeon stood up from her seat. She examined her hair in front of the mirror. She clicked her tongue and breathed air through her nose. “You’ve done my hair wrong!!! This is not what I wanted!” She scrunched her forehead and looked sharply at the poor hairdresser. If a person could breathe fire, Taeyeon must be doing that at that moment.

 

“Where’s your manager?!” Taeyeon asked. “I want to see your manager, now!” Taeyeon demanded. The hairdresser stood frozen in her spot with eyes nearly in tears.

 

“Unnie, manager is-“ Seohyun started and called her attention.

 

“Where is the manager?” The leader asked.

 

“What we mean is… our manager has sent you a message.” Tiffany said pointing to Taeyeon’s vibrating phone on the table. The hairdresser took that opportunity to evade herself from the fiery rage of Kim Taeyeon. She was saved by the bell or more appropriately, saved by the ring.

 

“Seohyun’s personal assistant and Tiffany’s bodyguard are already on their way now. Will text details later. Come to the company ASAP.”

 

Tiffany and Seohyun gathered around their leader and all of them were shocked because of the speedy action of their slow-as-a-turtle manager. Since when did their manager start acting quickly?

 

“Well, that was fast. He really deserves a visit.” Taeyeon commented as they started leaving the mall with their shopping bags on hand except for Tiffany who has her own lady minions to bring the bag for her.

-------------------------

 

“So you’ve you finally done your job. It took quite a short time, I am surprised.” Taeyeon said marching inside the manager’s lounge. “

 

“Because I’m so great.” The swivel chair turned around and Taeyeon saw an unfamiliar face.

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Park Jungsu, your group’s new manager-in-charge.” He said then he crossed his legs. “So how’s your day, Kim Taeyeon? Ms. Storm? Seagull star?”

 

“Storm? Seagull star? Stop calling me like that!” Taeyeon yelled. “And who are you to call me like that?! For your information, I am Kim Taeyeon, leader of the top all-girl trio band, Twinkle. Now, tell me who you are! You are just what? You are just a substitute manager!”

 

“I might be the substitute manager! But I am still your manager! I don’t care if you belonged to the top tier of stars but in the hierarchy authority of this business, my position is still higher than yours.” Jungsu retorted. He slowly rise from his chair and leaned forward until there was just half-a-foot distance between his face and Taeyeon’s face. None of them even budged a bit. They were staring at each other’s eyes sending electric sparks and daggers to each other.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, you better be kind to Park Jungsu,” Jungsu said in a threatening tone hidden behind his calm voice. “Because this time, I’ll make sure that I’ll be the boss here. Understand?!” He slammed his hand on the table which drove Taeyeon out of her composure. She was so startled with the sound it made her step several steps backward. She just caught herself right in time to stifle her startled yelp. Seeing her expression transformed from a fierce vixen to a frightened little kid, Jungsu felt like he wanted to do a victory dance right now. He did not know how good it felt to see the all-mighty storm Taeyeon dissolved into a drizzle. “That’s right, Park Jungsu. Just keep it up,” Park Jungsu thought to himself.

 

Taeyeon’s hands were shaking on her sides. She balled them into fists and let her nails dug deep into her palm. She hated herself. She could not believe how she could let him intimidate her. This was impossible or that was what she thought. She had let her guard down. There was no use fighting back because at this moment, she was so mad she could not think of anything else to retaliate at him.

 

“Because I am the boss, you will have to abide to my rules, okay.” Jungsu smiled sinisterly at her showing his cute tiny dimple at the corner of his lips. That smile enraged Taeyeon more but she reminded herself she could not break down here. She would not want to embarrass herself more by showing more of her weak side.

 

He went back to his seat and crossed his legs. He tossed a file to the table. “You better read that. These are my rules and regulations while I am your manager.”

 

The fuming Taeyeon grabbed the file and stomped her way out of the lounge. She slammed the door shut and from the inside, the people could hear her scream with frustration. There was a short pause of silence inside the lounge and then a roar of applause suddenly erupted in the room.

 

“HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!!!”

 

“Hurray for Jungsu!!!”

 

“I did not see Taeyeon acted like that. It’s so amusing to see her defeated.”

 

Jungsu just smiled proudly. Of course, he has to create a strong impression to her. He would not allow himself to be a push-over in front of her. “Kim Taeyeon, this is just the start. Park Jungsu – 1, Kim Taeyeon – 0.” 

 

End of Chapter