Sorry

Part 3: Summer Feels Like Winter

_______________’s POV

For the very first time I realized how much I love Yo Seob and no matter what I do, I will never stop loving him.

My heart beats for him, only for him.

But now he’s lying there, on that bed and all I can do is hold his hand and confess everything I’ve been holding in my heart.

“Can you hear me? hmmm?”

No answer.

No movement.

Nothing.

“I don’t want to lose you for the second time.” I said as tears cascade down my eyes, seeing him laying there. “I won’t let you go again. I won’t, so please open your eyes.”

Still nothing.

There is nothing I’m afraid of now. I don’t care about anyone or their feeling. I wanted everybody to be happy and I was willing to give the one man I love the most, but now my eyes are open. Sometimes you just have to turn your back and follow your heart.

Days after days, he still lay there, motionless.

“Aish… I can’t believe it’s been five days already, get up right now or I’ll tickle you…” I would say and laugh out loud, but still he lay there.

“It’s been eight days now, and I’m getting so big… I can’t even myself when I need to go.” I laugh combing his hair.

I knew I wasn’t the only one hurting, my Doo Joon, the man whom I also love, the father of my child and the man who treats me like a queen, visited me often, but he wouldn’t say much yet his eyes tells it all.

I’m hurting him.

I’m killing him as I spend every second with Yo Seob.

“I brought you your favorite food” Doo Joon said placing the food on the table.

“Doo Joon-ah” I said looking at his red, tried eyes.

“Don’t say anything.” He said looking at the ground as tears weld up in his eyes. “Don’t say it…” Tears fell down his eyes and he quickly wiped it with the back of his hands like a little kid. “Don’t say it, let me say it when I’m ready that way I can at least feel a little better.”

“Doo Joon…” I grab his arm, but he walked away, out of the room in tears. I stood there and watch as he walked out in pain and yet I’m unable to move.

“Mian, Doo Joon… Mian, don’t ever forgive me”

================================

Doo Joon POV

I walked out with tears again. My heartache and the thoughts of her leaving me is enough to kill me.

“Doo Joon, you all right?” Jessica asked taking a seat across from me in the living room. “Babo-ah, I don’t want to see you like this. They love each other too much, you’ll only get hurt if you hold onto her, and you’ll end up like me!”

“I know” I said covering my face with my hands and inhale a deep breath. “I’m going to let her go….” My heart sinks at those words and tears stream down like a waterfall as I continue. “it hurts so much, Jess… It’s hurts more than when I gotten beaten by thugs when I was 19, its hurts more when my mother left, the pain hurts more than being shot in the heart.”

“I know”

“I don’t want to let her go, but I know she’s going to break it off with me. I don’t want to let her leave, but I know she’ll never be happy….”

“I know” Jessica said placing a hand on my shoulder

“My baby… My baby isn’t even born yet…” I cried harder and louder as the blurry image of my son enters my thoughts. “I wanted to be there for him, teach him to play football, tell him how to make a girl fall in love with him, I wanted to watch girls chase after him…”

“He’s your son…. You will still be in his life.”

I shook my head and sigh “It’s not the same, I wanted it to be the three of us, living happily, traveling around the world and living like a family… but what can I do now? How can I force the woman I love to stay with me if all she’s going to do is cry and live in sorrow because of me.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I told _________ that I’ll break it off with her… I want to be the one who said those words… at least I’ll feel a little better knowing I ended it, than hearing her say it to me… If I let her say those words to me, I don’t think I can survive.”

“Babo…. You shouldn’t loved her” Jessica cried hitting me. “We both shouldn’t have fallen in love with them… We deserve better than this” She cried and I fake a smiled in pain.

“Maybe this is a punishment from god.” I said as tears continue to fall.

“How did you know it’s a boy?” Jessica asked not even realizing it.

“_____________ didn’t want to know the gender until birth, but I did, so the doctors told me….”

“I’m going to have a nephew…” Jessica cried

“I’m going to be a father….” Doo Joon said in tears.

3 Days later...

The room was cold and quiet like always, those who came to visit came in quietly and then left quietly after visiting Yo Seob.  It’s almost midnight and the door squeal open and he enter the room with a smile on his face.

___________________ turn around when she heard faint footstep approaching her.

“Doo Joon?” She stood up from her seat and look at him. he was different, as he stood across from her with a box in hand and a smile on his face.

“Here” Doo Joon said handing her the white box. Without saying anything, ______ knew what was going on, she knew how Doo Joon is and the only thing she could do is cry silently as she watch him smiled in pain, hiding his tears from her.

Slowly _________________ open the box and there lay her favorite cake and on the cake wrote

DON’T CRY ANYMORE
BABO
 

Tears fell down immediately from both of their eyes and _____________ covered with her hand as she look at the cake.

“Don’t cry” Doo Joon said pulling her in for a hug. “Don’t worry about me, don’t feel sad and eat a lot…” He said hugging her.

“Mi…Mian” She said in tears and he pull away from the hug and laughed.

“Babo, why are you sorry for loving someone else beside me?” Doo Joon laughed shaking his head. “I won’t have to listen to you nagging all the time and I won’t have to get up in the middle of the night to buy you midnight snack that you’re craving.” He smiled as he said this to her, yet she knew he’s trying very hard to maintain a happy face.

Lightly touching his face and wiping fallen tears on his face.

“Mian for everything Doo Joon. I, too love you but i---“

“I know” He said pulling her in for another hug. “You love me, but you love him more… Promise me something, _____________, be happy with him, smile more, eat more, and all I’m asking is to let me be in my child’s life.” Doo Joon said and places his hands on her big belly. Without saying anything she nodded with tears.

“It’s later, I should get going.” Doo Joon said and pull out of the embrace. “Get some sleep…”

______________ nodded in tears.

Doo Joon smiled and wipe her tears. “Don’t cry… I don’t want to see you cry anymore.”

______________ nodded wiping her tears as he wave to her and walked out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------

_______________’s POV

I watch him walk out the door, but this time he’s walking out of my life. I watch him leave in so much pain yet I stood there not knowing what to do next.

I ran out of the room, and wrap my arms around him and embrace him from behind as I let out a loud cry.

“MIAN… MIAN….MIAN DOO JOON….MIAN” I cried and shouted as I held him tightly. “I’M SO SORRY! DON’T FORGIVE ME, DON’T YOU EVER FORGIVE ME!”