chapter 2

Part 3: Summer Feels Like Winter

OST: Easy by B2st

______________’s POV

If I knew what god had in plan for the both of us, I wouldn’t had left California in the first place. My heart aches every second that ticks away, knowing that I can never hold your hand freely like when we were in high school.

Yo Seob-ah, do you know that every time I have to smile, my tears fall down endlessly at night?  Do you still remember when you sneak into my room, held me tightly and ask me what I wanted you to do and you’ll do what I say…

I told you to love Jessica and to forget me… I meant each word, but each word that came out of my mouth broke my heart into pieces. This baby inside of me is the first step of us leaving out love behind us. This baby is the first step of us to face reality and go our own separate ways.  

My heart, soul and body will belong only to Doo Joon, but deep inside the cracks of my broken heart, you will forever be there. I will remember you till our next lifetime and I will pray every single night to god, so that he’ll hear our cries and allow us to be together.

Yo Seob finally stop crying and we both sat in the living room of Doo Joon’s apartment. I stare at his pale face as he quietly wipe away fallen tears and I just let it fall freely without bothering wiping them.  “Yo Seob-ah, I’m getting fatter” I said sobbing. I couldn’t look at him, he look so pitiful and sad. I wish he could be stronger and act like he had forgotten me, that way it would’ve been much easier for me to not miss him so much, but seems like I’m the only one being strong.

“You’re always beautiful, __________. You’re always beautiful because you are my ___________” he said sobbing and covered his face with his hands as I weep quietly to myself.

“I love you, Yo Seob. I really did. But I am pregnant with Doo Joon’s baby and I don’t want my baby to suffer the pain that we’re both in. Let this baby be the first step for us to really let the past behind.” Before I could finish Doo Joon’s voice echo from the door

“_________________?” Doo Joon yelled as he took off his shoes. I quickly wipe the tears and so did Yo Seob.

“Hey, beautiful” Doo Joon enter the living room and sat beside me. “Oh hey, Yo seob. Thanks for bringing the food to her and watching her for me.” He said smiling as he place his arm over my shoulder. “Dude, were you crying?” He asked seeing how red and puffy Yo Seob’s eye were “Were you crying, too?” Doo Joon turned to me and asked as I shook my head.

“I…Uh…” I didn’t know what to say, I was speechless

“Tears of joy” Yo Seob interrupted and smiled looking at Doo Joon and I. “________ and I were talking about how I’m going to be an uncle, and how she’s going to be a mother.”

“Oh” Doo Joon relaxes a little and smiled.

“________________ is going to be a great mother.” Yo Seob said. “She told me she was really scared about being a good mother.”

“Babe, you’d be a great mother. There’s no need to worry” Doo Joon said smiling at me and I nodded back.

End of ___________________’s POV

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

“Yo Seob, we need to talk” Jessica said taking a seat on the bed as she watch her husband change out of his clothes.

“I’m tired.”

“I don’t care if you’re tired.”

“Jessica, not now… I’m really tired.”

“What are you tired of? You’re not even working at your father’s company, you’ve been drinking like a drunken idiot and you’ve been acting this way when __________ became pregnant” Jessica screamed throwing a pillow at him in tears.

Yo Seob sigh as he picked up the pillow she threw at him. he was tired, frustrated and in a lot of pain, emotional.

“Do you en love her that much? Does it hurt you that much just knowing that she is happy with another man!”

“SHUT UP!” Yo Seob scream at her as tears stream down his eyes.

“I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU LAME LOVE! I HAD ENOUGH OF IT!” She slaps him across the face. “Wake up from your dream! I’m your wife, I’m the only one you’re suppose to love you !”

“I just want to sleep” He said looking at the ground as tears continue to fall down his yes.

“NO! We need to talk!” She screamed holding his hand, but he walked right away from her  “YO SEOB” She grabs the beautiful vase that she had gotten from _____________  on her birthday and smash it into the back of Yo Seob’s head. Blood stream down as he stood frozen from the attack. “Yo Seob… Yo Seob… I… Oh my god… Yo Seob” Tears streamed down her eyes as she watch blood fall down from his wound onto his shirt and the ground. She didn’t know what just happen or how she could do that to him.

Yo Seob ignore the pain from the deep cut from behind his head and her cries as he slowly got into bed and lay down, closing his heavy eyes like it didn’t hurt.

“Yo Seob, we have to go to the hospital” Jessica cried shaking

“I’ll be fine” Yo Seob said as he lay there without opening his eyes.

“Mian, Yo Seob… I don’t know what happen to me… Mian… Mian” She cried holding his hands, but he remain still.

30 minutes later

“What happen?” Doo Joon asked worried when Jessica opened the door. “What happen Jessica?” He asked worried about his little cousin.

“Where’s Yo Seob?” ___________ asked worried when she saw Jessica’s hands covered in blood.

“He… He’s in bed, he wouldn’t go to the hospital… I… I… I don’t know what came over me” Jessica cried as Doo Joon hugged her

“Hey… Hey… it’s okay… “ Doo Joon said trying to calm her down.

“I’m going to check up on Yo Seob.” ________ said and Doo Joon nodded

“Take me away from here, Doo Joon” Jessica pleads and Doo Joon nodded. “Please, take me away from here…” She cried

“Okay… Okay….” He said to her and look at _____ “Stay here, I’m going to take Jessica out for some air” Doo Joon said and ________ nodded. She closed the door after they left and hurried into the bedroom.

“Yo Seob-ah” Tears stream down __________’s eyes as she enter his bedroom. The white pillow and covers were covered in his blood, but he lay there like nothing was wrong. “Yo Seob-ah!” _____________ shook him to wake him up. “Why are you such a idiot!”

“____________?” Yo Seob slowly open his eyes and saw her. He force out a smiled as he place his hand on her cheek. “What are you doing here?”

“You’re bleeding” ______________ said holding onto his hand while the other hand touching the head.

“I’m always bleeding” Yo Seob said as he wipe he fallen tears. “Don’t cry.”

“We have to take you to the hospital” ______________ said trying to pull him up from bed.

“No…I’ll be fine”

“Don’t be so stubborn!” __________ yelled in tears at him, but Yo Seob closed his tired eyes again and lay still. “How can she do this to you?” ____________ said as she cups his face in her hand.  “Yo Seob, you’re hers. You have to take good care of yourself. Don’t be so stubborn or she won’t love you, don’t let me be the reason for your fallen marriage… I’m no longer yours; you have to let me go.”

 “I know I should let you go.” He said with his eyes shut, but tears stream down his eyes. “But it’s so hard; you were supposed to be mine. We were suppose to have a family together, I was suppose to watch your stomach get bigger day by day, but now that’s just a dream that will never come true. Every breathe I take it remind me of you, of us.”

“Let me clean your wound” _______________ said holding in her tears and heartache in as she helps him get up from the bed.  “Turn around” she said and he did as she said crying along with her. Seeing a big scar on the back of his head made her cry in pain as she gently touched his wound. “Don’t be so selfish, so she’ll stay with you. Don’t be so selfish so she’ll take care and love you.” she said crying as she gently wipe the open cut, but each time she wipe the blood, fresh blood fall down.

Hours later…

“How is he?” Doo Joon asked hugging ________ in bed as they both try to go to sleep.

“In a lot of pain” _____________ said as tears weld up in her eyes as she lay in Doo Joon’s arms.

“Jessica’s in a lot of pain too. She wouldn’t tell me what happened, but from the look of it he’s hurting her too much.”

“He’s in a lot of pain too, Doo Joon. They both are.”

“I don’t know what I can do to help. It seems like every time I try to help them, it only get worse.” Doo Joon said sighing as he hugged her tighter.

“Doo Joon…”

“Hmm?”

“Have you ever loved someone so much, but you have to pretend you don’t love them?” ____________ asked.

“No, because the one I love so much is right in my arms.” He said kissing her forehead.

“Pretending to love someone you don’t love is easy, but pretending to not love someone when you really do is so hard.”  She said remembering Yo Seob’s word a couple of days ago.

“What are you talking about?” Doo Joon asked yawning.

“I’m just blabbing” ________ said.

“Oh… well go to sleep.” He said hugging her tightly as they both fall asleep.

Months later

“Can you stop it? Why are you always drinking and acting like a fool?” Jessica yelled after snatching the glass of wine. “You know what Yo Seob, I tried to be patient, but why are you so cruel to me? I tried my best to be the perfect wife, I waited patiently for you love, but each and every day you seem more and more distant from me.” Jessica scream at the top of her lung, throwing the glass onto the ground, causing it to break into millions of pieces. “Your body is with me, but your heart is with her!” Jessica cried hitting Yo Seob.

“What do you want me to do?” Yo Seob asked in a painful voice. He was tired of his life, tired of everything. What’s the reason to live when that reason is already gone?

“Am I even your wife?” Jessica cried hitting him again and again. “How long are you going to let me wait you ungrateful bastard!”

 “Mian” Yo Seob said hugging her tightly as she struggle to get away. “Mian, Jessica. Mian”

“How can Mian heal my broken heart? We’re married Yo Seob. We’ve been married for so long and you still can’t forget her.”

“Forget who?” Both Yo seob and Jessica turn to the familiar voice.

“Dad” Yo Seob said as he release Jessica

“Mom” Jessica said as she wiped away her tears. Yo Seob’s father and _____________’s mother look at them both with worried eyes.

“What happen?” ____________’s mother asked holding Jessica’s arm and looking at the broken glass on the ground “Did you and Yo Seob argue?”

“No… We…” Jessica stutters but was cut off when Yo Seob’s fathers yelled at Yo Seob

“What the hell is going on here, son?”!” he yelled anger by his only son’s action. “You haven’t been at the company for months, you ignore my calls and you drink every single day and night. What is wrong with you!”

“Dad, please don’t yell at Yo SEob” Jessica plead.

“Wife, take Jessica away. I want to talk to my son” Yo Seob’s father said and ____________’s mother nodded as she gently dragged Jessica out of the kitchen.

“What is going on with you!” Yo Seob’s father yelled

“Nothing” He said grabbing another glass to fill his alcohol

“Yo Seob, you’re an adult now. Deal with whatever you are going through” He said taking the glass away from his son. “What is wrong with you?”

“ITS BECAUSE OF YOU DAD! EVERYTHING IS BECAUSE OF YOU! I’M LIKE THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU! WHY CAN’T YOU JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!” Yo Seob yelled at him with tears. He was tired of everything and having his own father yelled at him about getting his act straight isn’t helping him at all.

“WHAT DID I DO? WHAT THE HELL DID I DO SO WRONGLY THAT YOU KEEP BLAMING ON ME?” his father yelled back. “Is it because I married _________’s mother?” He sign and took a seat. “When I married ____________’s mother I knew you only agree to it because you wanted me to be happy, but what is it Yo Seob. What did I do to make you blame everything on me? I don’t see anything wrong? Do you not like ___________ and her mother?”

“IT’S NOT THAT!” Yo Seob yelled throwing the glass toward the wall shattering it.

“What the hell is wrong with you?”  

“Just leave me alone” Yo Seob said.

“Tell me what I did wrong and I’ll fix it!” his father yelled and only tears fell down from his face.

“You can never fix it.” He said looking at his father with eyes full of tears. “If you’re not going to leave I’ll leave” He said, grab his key and headed out of the house, ignoring his father’s word.

“Where is Yo Seob going?” ____________’s mother asked worried with Jessica behind her.

“What is wrong with that boy?” He sighed

“Mother. Father. I have something to tell you” Jessica said as tears stream down her eyes.

“What is it?” _____________’s mother asked as they both look at her with confusion.

“Yo Seob, doesn’t love me. He loves ___________” Jessica said.