Escape!

My Six Bunnies

 

~*FLASHBACK*~

(YONG GUK P.O.V)

    The night was still. I pricked my ears. No sound; only the crickets. I hopped towards the entrance of the cage. Why were they taking so long? Did they get caught?

    Then I heard tiny feet pattering across the floor. I breathed in relief.

    "Are they asleep?" I hissed into the darkness when I sensed movement.

    Two pairs of eyes, one pink and the other yellow, greeted me.

    "All clear. They are as snug as a bug in a rug," replied Him Chan, his whiskers twitching with contempt and amusement. "Those sleeping pills worked well."

    "Good."

    I glanced around, looking at my companions. "It's now or never," I told them.

    "We'll take this chance and never look back," assured Young Jae.

    "But what about Zelo?" Jong Up asked. Everyone turned to look at our half-robot friend, who looked back with a blank expression. The worst of his scars he had gotten during his accident had long faded, but the time I heard him scream in pain and terror still coursed through my mind.

    "His system is not fully functioning yet, and Helix hasn't computed all his data."

    "As long as he has hands, feet and five senses, he's good to go." I reared up on my hind legs. "Besides, I told you we aren't leaving anyone of us behind."

    Jong Up dipped his head towards me and nudged Zelo gently. "Come on, we are leaving."

    "Leaving? Why must hyungs leave?" Zelo asked.

    "To search for a better place," I replied determinedly.

    "Anywhere is better than here..." muttered Dae Hyun.

    I my paw and drew it over my right ear. "Him Chan, you got the screwdriver?"

    Him Chan nodded and disappeared into the darkness. After a while he came back with something in his mouth: A screwdriver with a yellow handle.

    "Over here." I hopped towards the wall vent at the end of our cage: our escape route.

    "Jong Up, come help."

    I picked it up and shoved its end into the nail holding the vent cover in place. With a grunt of effort, Him Chan, Jong Up and I twisted the nail free.

    I irritatingly kicked it away with my hind paw.

   "Ugh, the disadvantages of not having a thumb," Him Chan murmured in disgust. The cage was too small for even one of us to turn human.

    There was a clink sound when the second nail was freed.

    "Hold it up," I instructed Jong Up and Him Chan. They held up the vent cover and I squeezed through the gap. I turned and helped them hold up the cover.

    "Come on!" I urged the others.

    Freedom is just on the other side!

    Dae Hyun hopped in first, followed by Zelo and Young Jae. Him Chan joined them soon after, and Jong Up and I slowly lowered the vent cover.

    The vent tunnel was plunged into darkness and I felt Dae Hyun flinch and shiver beside me.

    "It's okay," I told him. To the others, I said, "Our escape is not over. Follow me."

    I led my litter mates through the complex maze, the only source of light being our different coloured eyes.

    "Almost there," I encouraged. Suddenly the metal floor beneath my feet gave way. I realised the tunnel was heading downslope steeply.

    "Stop!" I commanded. We all paused at the edge of the slope.

    There was a creak coming from somewhere around us. Dae Hyun jumped in fright and bumped into me, causing me to lose my balance. I felt myself toppling down the slope.

    "AHH!"

    5 choruses of voices joined mine as the others followed me, sliding on their bellies down the slope.

    I saw light up ahead and I realised we had reached the other end of the vent; our exit. With the force and speed I gained from sliding down the slope I slammed into the vent cover, ripping it off its hinges off the vent cover and tumbled outside, landing ungracefully on my belly.

    Before I had time to react, the others flew out also, landing one by one on top of me.

    We laid there in a heap of blonde fur, panting.

    "We... We made it..." Him Chan gasped.

    Growling interrupted us. I looked up in alarm. A guard dog stood before us, teeth bared and ready to rip our flesh off.

    "Good Lord..." I breathed. We must be at the courtyard.

    I felt Jong Up scramble off my back, wanting to change into human.

    "DON'T!" Young Jae stopped him. "There are y traps all over the courtyard. It will be easier to manoeuvre around them in bunny form."

    "Young Jae is right. Everyone, spread out behind me, no sudden movements," I ordered. Everyone slowly backed away, but the dog advanced on us. But as long as we do not make sudden noises or movements, we should be fine.

    "SHUTDOWN! SORRY!"

    I lowered my ears in dismay when we heard Zelo beep loudly and collapsed onto the floor.

    "Of all times, Zelo!" I cursed under my breath. The dog tensed up, bunching its muscles, ready to pounce.

   "SCATTER!" I shrieked. At once, we separated into different directions. I grabbed Zelo's scruff with my teeth and hauled him out of the way of the rampaging dog. I hopped as fast as I could, but the dog was faster and Zelo weighed me down. I could feel the dog's rancid breath on my hind legs and I forced myself to hop faster.

    A flash of green and blonde whizzed past my eyes as I watched Jong Up race past me and leap onto the beast.

    "NO! You'll get yourself killed!" I yelled at him.

    Jong Up didn't obey; he was busy attacking it with his sharp teeth.

    "Yong Guk hyung! Over here!"

    I turned and saw Young Jae seeking refuge under a bush. I quickly pulled Zelo there.

    "Take care of him, find Dae Hyun, make sure they are safe. I am going to help Jong Up," I said before rushing off to defend my friend.

    The dog had managed to shake off Jong Up and he hit the floor with a thud. Before I could rush in and save him, Him Chan hared past the dog, raking its nose with his claws as he passed.

    The dog let out a howl and started chasing Him Chan instead. As soon as they were near me, I batted its tail with a well-aimed swipe. It spun towards my direction, snapping its jaws.

     "Over here, you big brute!" Him Chan jumped onto it muzzle and leapt away in a split second. Once he reached the ground, I gave it a hard kick in its booty. Jong Up recovered fast enough to nip its hind legs.The dog, now confused and irritated, started whining.

     "It's confused. Follow me." I crept backwards slowly and neared the gate. I glanced around, making sure all of us were within range.

    "Ready..."

    "RUN!" I commanded. All 5 of us (Young Jae carrying Zelo) raced towards the gate, our freedom. The dog was taken aback by the number of bunnies. It turned tail and fled.

    We quickly regrouped in front of the gate.

    "Now what?" Dae Hyun demanded.

    "There is a gap where we can squeeze through!" Him Chan called before vanishing through a small tunnel under the gate.

    "Pass Zelo to me!" I heard his voice from the other side. Young Jae gently pushed battery-dead Zelo through the gap. It quickly disappeared when Him Chan grabbed him from the other side. 

    "In you go." I nudged Dae Hyun, and he too, escaped. I squeezed through last, pressing my muzzle against Him Chan's ear.

    "Thank you," I whispered. "I don't know what I'd do without you watching my back."

    Him Chan blinked at me, and nodded. Together, we led our litter to our freedom.

~*~*~*~*~

    DOUBLE UPDATE~ WHOOHOO~!!

    This is basically a short chappie about how our boys escape from the lab!

    Will try to update soon, please enjoy!

 

COMMENT REPLIES:

passionfire HAHA~ Thank you!

 

iMiloAddict Thanks, Shini :DDD

nnoikiki [block]  Hope you enjoyed the double update LOL~

BAPLOVER [block]  Daehyun's past will be revealed soon. I just like the mysterious aura he has~ :)

JOKERZ [block]  Glad you enjoy it! 

 

Please continue to support and comment~ Thank you!

-SherLuvSuju