Your Past

My Six Bunnies

 

 

    You sat down on your bed and let out a sad sigh.

    Thank goodness I managed to catch the vase before it breaks into unfixable pieces.

     You fell onto your bed and it bounced slightly with your weight. You closed your eyes, remembering what had happened on your 14th birthday.

     “Ji Soo ah, come here…” your mother called you over. The 14-year-old you crept towards your room where your mother sat.

    “Dad’s not coming home today, is he?” you mumbled, sitting next to your mother on the bed.

    “No…” Your mother lightly your hair. “I’m sorry he missed your birthday again, Ji Soo.”

    “Ani…” You turned and wiped the tears that threatened to spill. “It’s not like I was expecting to see him anyway.”

    Your mother pulled out something from behind her. “I got you this.” She handed you a exquisite-looking vase.  “This is a vase that has been passed down from generation to generation for as long as I can remember. It’s yours now.”

    You took the vase from her hands and examined it. It had pretty flowers dotted all over with small birds skillfully engraved. “It’s… It’s so beautiful…”

    Your mother kissed your forehead. “I’m really glad you like it.” It may be my last gift to you.

    “Come on, it’s bedtime,” she said, pulling up the covers and you tucked in.

    “Umma… Thanks for being here for me all the time,” you murmured.

    Your mother touched your cheek in the gentlest way possible. “Go to sleep, sweetie.”

 

~*~*~*~

 

    Your father, in your opinion, was the most horrible man that ever lived. He was hardly at home. He worked only for himself, spending all of his money on his own needs. Your mother was left to juggle 3 jobs in order to support your brother and you.

    Almost very night, your father brought home a different woman. Your mother was driven to sleep in your room when your father did his ‘thing’. You’ve seen her covering her head with your pillow and sobbing as she tried blocking out the sounds coming from your father’s room.

    Myung Soo sworn that he would rip that despicable look off his face, and used other words that cannot be understood for someone your age.

    One day, your mother called you and your brother into your room. She held both your hands in hers.

    “Kids, I want you two to be the first to know this.” You two leaned closer to hear what she had to say.

    Your mother took in a deep breath. “I’ve met a wonderful man a few weeks ago. We got to know each other for a while, and he got to know my background story. And well, he… He proposed, to me.”

    Your hand flew up to your mouth. “M-Mother..?”

    “That’s… Wonderful, mom…” Your brother’s voice sounded strained and forced.

   You still weren't able to take in what she said.

    "Mom, you're leaving us?!"

    “I daren’t say yes!" your mother quickly said. "because I want to know what you kids feel about it first.”

    “You should agree, mother.” Myung Soo put a hand on his mother’s shoulder. You shot your brother a shocked look.

    “I don't like seeing you suffer with that son of a b*tch.” He spat the last words out with hatred and disgust.

    “B-But, what about you two?” your mother stammered. Raw grief stabbed your heart. Though she had a horrible husband, her love for the children she bore with him never left.

    Myung Soo clasped your hand protectively. “Don't worry about us, mother. It’s best if you moved on without us. We won’t stay here any longer. My band is going to debut soon, which means I would have a steady income for the two of us. We’ll be fine. I will do anything to protect my sister.”

    Tears streamed down your mother’s face as she hugged the two of you tightly. “I love you, my precious children… Be happy and strong without me.”

    The next morning, your mother signed her divorce papers, knowing your father would also sign it without a second thought. That night, the three of you packed your bags, ready to leave the house for good.

    As usual, your father came home drunk, a much younger girl clinging to his neck. Your mother, head bowed, dragged her luggage out of the door, shoving the divorce papers into his chest as she passed.

    At once, Myung Soo charged forward and threw a punch at his father’s face.

    "Stupid bastard!" he roared. The older man collapsed while his ‘companion’ gawked at them. Afterwards, Myung Soo held on tightly to your wrist and pulled you out of the house without looking back.

    That was the last time you saw your mother.

    You and your brother, having nowhere to live, stayed at Woollim Entertainment for a while, until Myung Soo’s manager, taking pity on you, gave his old house to Myung Soo once he was of age, since he was moving out anyway.

    When your brother turned of age, he became your legal guardian

    That was where you were staying till today.

   (A/N: Just pretend Myung Soo is 18 [19 in Korea] when this happened, so Ji Soo is 4 years younger than her brother, which means he is now 22 [23 in Korea], and Ji Soo is 18 [19 in Korea])

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

    You sat up, wiping the tears that fell during your reminisce.

    That’s all in the past now. No point remembering if it hurts you more.

    There was a knock on your door. “Master..? It’s Him Chan. May I come in?”

    You sighed. “Come in.”

    A blonde head poked into your room uncertainly. “Master… Are you… Okay?” he asked with concern glittering in his eyes.

    “Fine.”

    “I’m really, really sorry about the vase.”

    “You know what?” You turned to face him. “It’s okay.” You felt bad that you cooped the boys up in your house. They were, after all, boys. They were bound to get bored. You honestly couldn’t blame them.

    His eyes sparkled. “Really?”

    You nodded.

    “In fact…” You got up and headed to your brother’s room. You grabbed six of his hats and walked out, Him Chan behind you.

    5 other blonde heads snapped towards your direction.

    “Get up boys!” you called, tossing the hats to them. “We’re going out!”

~*~*~*~*~

 

EVERYONE~ I'M BACK *Whispers*~!!!!

*Dances to Sherlock and fails miserably*

Whoo~ My first update after a while. I hope the wait wasn't so long that it chased my readers away! ^^

Wow, a lot has happened during my hiatus, eh? SuJu's and 2NE1's comeback, TeenFinite's combined stage, B.A.P's successful showcase in Malaysia... *Jealous pout*

 

COMMENT REPLIES

(I'm going to do this differently from now on! :DDDD)

(Dialogues according to bunny color, [Dae Hyun's black] ,  while Ji Soo is grey, and I am brown)

 

Time to reply comments, everyone!

First is sujurockz4ever97,  

*Reads comment* Oh, WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO PINCH MY CHEEKS?!?! *Covers cheeks*

'Cause you're cute, that's why.... *Grins*

Thanks for your sympathy, dear... I hate the two of them so much... They should totally go out together.

Match made in Hell, haha.

To caramelsweet: I feel you, man :'((((( But I saw the fancams. THEY PERFORMED BABY!!!!!! *Spazzes, then faints*

Uhh... Is Master okay..?

*Wakes up* iMiloAddict Thanks for the encouragement, babe! But I still think I screwed it up... *Face palm*

jjangqueenLooks like you found a neighbor, author-nim!

*Sighs* I didn't attend the first showcase. That's why I was so sad that they are not coming to Singapore this time...

JOKERZ  *Gummy smile* Thank you for supporting our fic!!

Stop it Bang, your smile's gonna creep her out.

Says you.

No comment...

Kalindra I look a lot like my brother, don't I? 

*Everyone stares at her*

*Smacks Ji Soo's head* Establish the borders between fact and fiction. YOU ARE A FICTIONAL CHARACTER, KIM JI SOO! The real Myung Soo doesn't even have a sister.

Anyway, I found this ulzzang on the net and I thought she resembled Myung Soo so I used her in my poster! 

Thank you everyone for their comments! Please continue to love and support this fic!

 

~끝~