Chapter 09

Arms of an Angel

Interesting fact: Sometimes when I write a chapter I like to listen to a song to help put me in the mood to write and let my ideas flow~ ^^

MUSIC | Who I Am ft.Yoobin | Full Moon Mini Album       

 

 

Seung Hyun shut his door and clasps to the ground astounded by what he had just done. He, Choi Seung Hyun had kissed Sunmi on the lips. Passionately, as he brushes his fingertips across his tender lips he could still feel the smooth lips of Sunmi’s brushing against his. This whole afternoon his mind was shrouded with thoughts of Sunmi, this was the reason why he stayed in his room the rest of the day. Look how that turned out, passion won over his actions apparently.

 

“Aish I screwed up now.” Seung Hyun mutters to himself as he rustles his hair aggressively obviously irritated at himself.

 

This kiss had dramatically changed the lives of two people. To Seung Hyun he had let his guard down allowing someone especially a woman who is a stranger into his life. But if that was not enough he let her into his love life. While for Sunmi who knows?

 

Getting up from the ground Seung Hyun fell on his bed on his back. Looking up at his bedroom ceiling his cellphone vibrated in his pocket. Digging it out of his pockets he read the text message he just received.

 

Don’t mess up and stay close to Kim Yoobin. Earn her trust and then we’ll decide on our next move.

 

Placing his cellphone on his nightstand he turned off his night lamp and fell into slumber.

 

Seung Hyun-ah…

 

A woman voice calls out to him as the white curtains flutters in front of him. Pushing them aside with his hands he saw Sunmi standing in the sand a few feets away from him smiling happily as she stares at him. The wind was blowing her hair to the side as the sun shone brightly all around making her appearance seem blurry. She had on a white dress and… is that wings on her back?

 

Seung Hyun-ah, come over here quickly!

 

Sunmi calls out in a sweet voice as she gestures for him to come towards her. Just then Seung Hyun woke up from the sound of his curtains fluttering from the wind coming from the balcony. He always leaves the door to the balcony slightly open.The familiar smell of Jiyong that still lingers around the house causes an aching pain in his heart. He couldn’t stand smelling it all night that will eventually give him memories of his good partner in his sleep.

 

Somedays he will have dreams reliving the moment right before Jiyong dies. Or days he will seem to be dreaming of chatting with Jiyong in the house with a cup of coffee in hand and when he has to wake up from that dream he dreads leaving him. He always find himself calling his name or with his face full of tears as his body drips with sweat when he wakes up.

 

Today was different though, he had a dream of Sunmi and to be exact it was a Sunmi Angel. Rubbing his face with his hands Seung Hyun got out of bed trying to push the thoughts of his dreams away from his brain. Today was the first day working as a bodyguard for Mr.Kim he could not mess this up at all cost. Getting out of bed he head towards his bedroom bathroom for a quick shower. Within minutes he freshens up and had on his most classic suit as a bodyguard. Walking down the stairs as he fixes the buttons on his wrist he heads towards the kitchen. There he found Jihoon eating a bowl of cereal and Sunmi making scramble eggs. The seat beside Jihoon sat a cup of coffee on the table that was obviously left for him. Clearing his throat Sunmi turns around and silently said hello.

 

Seung Hyun could already feel the awkwardness between them as Sunmi avert her eyes from making contact with his. He took the cup of coffee and took a gulp from it before grabbing his motorcycle keys and black leather jacket.

 

“Ajeossi you’re leaving already?” Surprise Jihoon asks with his spoonful of cereal in the air midway between his mouths. In the corner of his eyes he could see Sunmi taking a quick glance at him as she listens to the conversation.

 

“Yes Jihoon now be good with Sunmi okay?” Seung Hyun answered as he rustles the little man’s hair who giggles.

 

“Oh and Sunmi,” He spoke before stepping out the kitchen.

 

“Yes?” Sunmi turns around quickly obviously nervous around him.

 

“I won’t be back for dinner today so you don’t need to wait for me. Take care of Jihoon for me.” He spoke as he watch Sunmi shoulder sulk a little.

 

“Oh...okay.” She said as she turned her attention back to the stove as Seung Hyun turns around leaving the house.

 

Inserting his keys to his motorcycle keyhole and turning the ignition the sound of his baby roars putting a smile on his face. Oh how he loves the sound of a motorcycle roaring, like a tiger coming alive from a nap. Putting on his helmet he kicks the side stand back and drove off.

 

He had no choice but to turn cold towards Sunmi and put a distance between them. He already messed up once by allowing her to get inside his head. He could not have anyone else come close to his heart, not even Jihoon who he loves and takes care of. There’s a limit there and Jihoon is just still not old enough to see.

 

“This is who I am.” Seung Hyun thought in his head as he drove off to the Kim’s headquarter.

 

When he finally arrive at his destination he turns off his engine and parked his vehicle on the parking space provided only for the employees. Seungri was already waiting outside of the building for him.

 

“Good morning hyung you had a good night sleep?” Seungri ask cheerily.

 

“Not very well thank you for asking.” Seung Hyun spoke nonchalantly.

 

“Oh hyung you sound so cool already!” Seungri said giving him two thumbs up. Who would believe that he’s the second in command for security?

 

“Anyways President Kim is waiting for you inside his office please follow me.” Seungri said as he led him to the front door that was guarded with two men. Stepping inside the building there was two men guarding the front door from inside as well. The two men standing on guard from the inside fixated their eyes onto Seung Hyun while he stared right back.

 

“This way hyung,” Seungri said as he seems to be happy showing him the way. Letting Seung Hyun go up the stairs first Seungri follows behind chatting happily.

 

“No need to call me hyung.” Seung Hyun spoke taking in the sight of the stairs and doors from the second floor that was coming into view as he gets to the top.

 

“But we will be working together all the time so it’s best to get comfortable with each other now.” Seungri said as he hits him on the . Seung Hyun astonished with what he just did turns around with a glare. Seungri took a step back and put both of his hands up as if forfeiting himself.

 

“Okay I stepped over the line.” Seungri said as Seung Hyun shook his head trying to keep his cool.

 

“Just...don’t do it again, is this what you do with all the employees here? Get on their nerves?” Seung Hyun asks he turns back around and continue walking down the hallway.


“Well not really...maybe...but none of them actually come and talk with me! Nor eat with me during break time.” Seungri said the last part particularly quietly. Catching on to that last part of his words Seung Hyun detected his voice was filled with sorrow.

 

“Listen why don’t we eat together during break time today?”

 

“Really hyung?!” Seungri asks excitedly as he ran in front of Seung Hyun with a wide smile.

 

“Yes, just don’t talk nonsense and no touching me please. Keep your hands to yourself.” Seung Hyun spoke as the kid wraps his arms around Seung Hyun’s body happily.

 

“Oh hyung I love you! I want to kiss you!” Seungri yells as Seung Hyun tries to push him away and tries to suppress his smile. This kid reminds him almost like...Jiyong.

 

“Now how about meeting the President?” Seung Hyun asks as Seungri nods his head.

 

“Right, this way please.”

 

Leading him through a hallway and taking a left turn Seung Hyun finally stood facing a wide double door with a sign that reads President Kim.


“Well here you go; I’ll meet you in the employees’ room when you’re done! Don’t forget to eat lunch with me today!” Seungri informs him as if he would forget

 

Watching Seungri skip down the hallway Seung Hyun shook his head and knocks on the door.

 

“Come in.” A man replies back. His voice was strong and full with authority as if he has been running a business as president all his life. Pushing open the doors Seung Hyun came into view to see Mr. Kim sitting at his office desk signing some papers. He wore a navy blue suit, and white collar shirt, and a black tie. His hair was sleek black, but if you looked closely you could notice signs of grey hair signaling stress and old age. When he finally looks up he gestures Seung Hyun to sit down in the chair in front of him.

 

“You must be the new employee who will be looking after my daughter?” Mr. Kim asks as Seung Hyun nod his head. Mr. Kim arches his eyebrows up slightly taking a closer look at Seung Hyun.

 

“You look quite intimidating with that expressionless face of yours. Suits the job of a security guard I’m happy to have you join us Mr. Choi” He gave a smile as lines of wrinkles forms around his eyes. “Just to say that I didn’t warn you, my daughter is a bit...how should I say it? She’s a bit handful. She’s bold and reckless who crashes into things without knowing the damage she makes. Just stay by her side and make sure she doesn’t get into troubles.”

 

“Yes sir.” Seung Hyun said as Mr. Kim nods his head giving him the permission to leave.

 

“One more thing, don’t dare come near my daughter than just a body guard. You don’t want to fall under the wrong list I have Mr. Choi.” He spoke and gave a smile.

 

“Yes sir I would never.” Seung Hyun gave a bow and left the room shaking his head as if he would ever fall in love with these wealthy people.

 

“Oh hyung you’re back! How did your meeting with President Kim go?” Seungri asks as Seung Hyun found his way to the employees’ room for lunch with Seungri as promised.

 

“Okay I guess.” He gave a short reply back.

 

“Ehhhh don’t be like that~ Come on tell me all the details.” Seungri pesters as he hands Seung Hyun a bottle of strawberry milk.

 

“Just to be careful of his daughter and to do my job well, that’s all.” Seung Hyun replies pushing the drink back towards Seungri.

 

“You don’t want anything to drink?” He asks confuse as he went to put it back in the fridge.

 

“No it’s just that I don’t like sweet things. Could you hand me a bottle of water though?”

 

As Seungri rummages through the fridge for a bottle of water his phone vibrates in his pocket. Taking it out it was a message from Sunmi. That was surprising as Seung Hyun raises one of his eyebrows up. Opening the message it Seung Hyun read:

 

Meet me at the back porch of the house. I’ll be waiting for you.

 

“Who’s this?” Seungri asks as Seung Hyun realizes he was standing behind him clearly reading his message.

 

“What did I tell you? Stop getting on people's nerves and that includes reading other people’s messages!” Seung Hyun was about to hit him when Seungri ducks away from him.

 

“Ah hyung I’m sorry! I didn’t know it was important!” Seungri cries using the water bottle in his hands to protect his head.

 

“Aish,” Seung Hyun rustles his own hair and grab the water bottle away from his hands. “it’s not important.”

 

Sitting down back in his seat Seungri eyes him with a mischievous smile. “Then can I ask who this girl name Sunmi is?”

 

“Just someone...” Looking away from Seungri Seung Hyun took gulps of water from his water bottle trying to dismiss the topic.

 

“Tch okay just someone you care for.” Seungri sings out silently looking away from him.

 

“What did you say?” Seung Hyun asks in a stern voice warning him.

 

“Nothing nothing~” Seungri replies back happily.

 

When lunch was over Seung Hyun was instructed to pick up the President’s daughter from her friend’s house and deliver her back home and to stay there until further notice of dismissal for the day. Walking to the parking lot of the Kim’s main headquarter Seung Hyun looks at of the each car for the identical license plate to this set of car keys. After seven minutes of walking around the parking lot he finally finds the vehicle that was parked at the very far left side of the lot. Getting in he looks around at the car, there is four passenger seats and six cup holders. Seung Hyun mutters under his breath for having to drive a car when he hates it the most. But what can he say he was on a mission and he couldn’t mess up. Turning on the car he backs out of the parking lot and prepares himself to meet Mr. Kim’s only daughter Kim Yoobin.

 

Parking the car on the side of the street right in front of the house of the given address Seung Hyun waited for Yoobin to come out. After five minutes flew by the door of the house finally opens revealing two woman bidding farewell to each other. As the woman with her long curly hair walks down the streets she wore a black body hugging dress and grey leather jacket. Coming towards his car she opened the passenger side door and got in.

 

“Ah I could recognize my father’s security car anywhere.” Yoobin spoke and threw her handbag in the back of the car.

 

“What? Why aren’t you driving?”  She asks clearly annoy by how Seung Hyun was looking at her silently. “Am I too pretty for you to look at?” She teases as she began to leans towards him.

 

“You forgot to buckle yourself.” Seung Hyun replies as Yoobin laughs and grabs for her strap to buckle herself up. Ignoring her Seung Hyun starts the engine and began to drive. Five minutes of silence has pass as neither of had decided to not acknowledge each other presence. Yoobin took an interest in changing the radio channel every few seconds as if she planned on irritating Seung Hyun. Keeping his eyes on the road Seung Hyun turned the volume down receiving daggers from Yoobin.

 

“Why did you do that for? Do you want me have my father fire you?” She spoke as Seung Hyun continues to ignore her. “Yah I’m talking to you here!”

 

“Miss Yoobin I prefer some peace and quiet instead of the radio channel constantly changing from one music genre to the next.” He spoke in his most polite manner as possible with her. With a smirk Yoobin turns the volume back up ignoring Seung Hyun words.

 

“You work for my father to please me. Just drive me home and let me blast my music. Oh and if you do one more wrong move to displease me I’m going to make your job working for me a living hell.”   

 

 

-----------------------------------

I hope this chapter was enjoyable to read! Hopefully I get to post another chapter up soon without being busy and all! Comments as welcome as usual! ^^

-RassyJam

P.S. Thanks for waiting so patiently you guys!