Chapter 03

Arms of an Angel

CHAPTER 03:

 

I woke up one day to find myself in a stranger’s home. The worst part was when I woke up I didn’t know who I was.  Almost three days has past as I stayed at the stranger’s house. He’s generous as well as his child. I don’t want to bother them for so long, but the thing is I don’t know where to go if I did leave.

 

During those three days I learned that the stranger who saved me is name Choi Seung Hyun while his son name is Kwon Jihoon. I didn’t question why his son’s last name was different from his own.

 

“Miss Stranger?” Seung Hyun asks from inside the livingroom. I was standing outside the livingroom porch taking a sip of my warm cup of tea when he called my name. For now it’s Miss Stranger since I myself don’t even know my own name.

 

“Yes?” I ask turning around to find Seung Hyun in his patrol officer uniform a mug in hand while his other hand was in his pants pocket. He didn’t have socks on so he was bare foot taking a drink from his mug that smelled like coffee.

 

“I was wondering if you could watch Jihoon in the morning before I come back from work. They needed an extra hand since one of the patrol men fell sick.” Seung Hyun asks taking another gulp from his mug. I nod my head, it was the weekened and I had no where to go so why not.

 

“Thanks. I’ll be leaving in five minutes.” With that he turned around and walked towards the kitchen. Something about him gives me the chills. He’s dark and mysterious. He barely talks to me like he’s trying to keep a distance from everybody.

 

Turning back around I examine the beautiful view of the beach. I closed my eyes listening to the sound of the waves. Even though the house is a far distance from the beach with no other houses and people around this area you can hear a lot of things besides the crashes of the waves. Seagulls’ squacking, the sound of Jihoon playing the piano, and every night I hear the sound of foot steps in the house and a door closing.

 

“Anneyeong Ajeossi!” Jihoon yelled waving goodbye by the window as he watched Seung Hyun drive away in his motorcycle. Jihoon turned his attention towards me when Seung Hyun was out of his view.

 

“Would you play with me Nuna (older sister)?” Jihoon asks giving me his cute smile. That’s another nickname I have since it’ll be rude for the little man to call me Miss Stranger. Nuna suits me just fine as well.

 

“Sure Jihoon.” I replied back I stepped inside the livingroom and it instantly warmed my skin. I hadn’t realized how cold the weather was outside. I should have known since it’s the month of December. Closing the door to the front porch behind me Jihoon took hold of one my hand and dragged me down the hall way.

 

We ended up in a music room where in the center of the room stood a black grand piano. He let go of my hand as the door shut behind me. Walking towards the piano he took a seat and stretches his fingers before playing. I sat beside him watching him played the piano fluently.

 

“Jihoon how old are you?” Curious I ask.

 

“Six years old.” He replied back still playing the piano.

 

“You play it so well who taught you?” As I ask another question I finish my cup of tea and set it on the floor.

 

“Appa taught me how. He really loves music.” Jihoon answered me. Little kids does tell you everything and truthfully.

 

“Why do you call Mr. Choi Ajeossi?” That question must have caught him off guard as he played the piano for awhile before answering me.

 

“Appa and Ajeossi are best friends. He knows me since I was a baby.” Jihoon says, that answer my question. So Jihoon isn’t Seung Hyun son. Asking enough questions I stood up from my seat and for an unknown reason my body had a mind of its own as I did a perfect ballerine arabesque. Jihoon noticing my pose earlier stopped playing the piano and turned his body to look at me.

 

“Ahh Nuna what you did was pretty!” Jihoon complimented me and clapped his hands. I laughed and took a bow like a ballerina would.

 

‘Weird. Could I have been a ballerine before I lost my memories?’ I ask myself as I got back up from the bow. For the rest of the day we played more games together. From the piano, to teaching me how to play checkers, to teaching me how playing gold fish (but I instantly remembered how to play), to painting (which turns out I wasn’t a pretty bad painter back when I still had my memory), and to cooking (which I hadn’t completely forgotten as well). The kid seems to love to cook though.

 

As Jihoon and I finish up making miso soup I could hear the house to the front door being closed. Then a figure appeared inside the kitchen.

 

“Making miso soup?” Seung Hyun asks peering over Jihoon’s shoulder as he helped stir the soup. I looked at him and gave a tiny smile.

 

“Ajeossi did you know Nuna can dance?” Jihoon asks looking up at Seung Hyun with a childish smile.

 

“Really,” He asks looking at me as I look away blushing.

 

“Yeah Nuna show him your-” Jihoon spoke as Seung Hyun cut him off.

 

“Now Jihoon-ah Miss Stranger might feel a bit awkward if you ask her to dance for me don’t you think?” Seung Hyun asks. I knew he was looking at me even though I was facing away from him. I could feel his eyes on me.

 

As we all set the dishes and bowl on the dinner table we ate in silent. Well except for Jihoon who talked throughout the whole dinner. Seung Hyun and I just answered his questions.

 

As bedtime came closer Seung Hyun tucked Jihoon in bed and came back downstairs to the livingroom where a fire was starting at the fireplace.

 

“Thank you for watching Jihoon today.” Seung Hyun said as he sat down on the couch. I stood near the fireplace feeling cold. I turned around and look him in the eye. But as I did a glass cup I was holding in my hand slip from my grasp and I drop it to the hard wooden floor. As it broke a flash back came to me.

 

I was a little girl and was trying to grab the jar of cookies in the kitchen counter as I try to grab it I knocked down a glass of water and it smashed into pieces when a feminine voice called my name.

 

Then it was gone just like that. I blinked my eyes a couple of times before I came back to reality.

 

“Miss Stranger you alright?” Seung Hyun asks me coming towards me with a concern face. I nod my head as he began to pick up the broken glasses as he wiped away the water on the floor. I knelt down to help him apologizing for my clumsiness.

 

“I just had a flashback.” I told Seung Hyun as we finish cleaning up the mess I made.

 

“What was it?” He asks interested.

 

“I remember my real name.” I said happily with a smile. He gave me a genuine smile and extended out his hand for me to take.

 

“My name is Choi Seung Hyun and you are?”

 

“The name’s Lee Sunmi nice to meet you.” I took his hand and shook it.

 

----------------------------------------

It has been such a long time since I updated...here's a quick chapter. Sorry if it's boring I'm beginning to lose track of how this story was suppose to go haha. Thank you for the subscribers and comments I'm so happy to read them. (: