Chapter 05

Arms of an Angel

One Thousand Kisses OST- Just http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv5A3FgTuF4

CHAPTER 05:

 

‘There will always be ANOTHER mission!’

 

Seung Hyun woke up to the sound of the waves crashing against rocks violently. His face was sweating and he was breathing heavily. Just then the voice and the words he heard from his dream ran through his mind. He slowly got up from his bed, his throat was extremely dry.

 

As he got up and walks down the halls and down the stairs to the kitchen he heard someone humming. Slowly sticking his head out to look while his body remains hidden, he saw Sunmi making sandwiches for three while slowly humming to no one particular. She was smiling and the sun light coming through the window hit her face in just the right spot that made her look stunning. So stunning that it made Seung Hyun heart skip a beat and cause him to not hear Sunmi calling for him.

 

“Seung Hyun? Seung Hyun?” Sunmi calls out to him with a concern face when she got no response from him. Just then he shook his head and step out from where he was hiding and looks at her.

 

“You are up early.” He says as the awkwardness between them slowly spread around the kitchen area.

 

“Yeah I wanted to make breakfast for Jihoon.” Sunmi reply and hug her body. Seung Hyun stares at the two other extra plates. Following his gaze Sunmi replies rather quickly. “I was thinking on making breakfast for us as well.” He nod his head once in understanding and turns around about to walk back out when Sunmi spoke once more.

 

“I heard you leaving last night. Or the nights before that where do you go?”

 

Seung Hyun stood in his place afraid to turn around and tell the truth into her soft brown eyes. Instead he said in a steady and matter of fact tone, “I go out to explore Seoul.” With that he walks back into his bed room without a glass of water.

 

“Nuna the sandwich are delicious! Don’t you agree Ajeossi?” Jihoon asks gobbling down his sandwich. Sunmi laughs and thank him as Seung Hyun looks at Jihoon with a disgust face playfully.

 

“Watch how you eat, you are making a mess Jihoon.” Seung Hyun said while smiling he hands a napkin to Jihoon as he takes it.

 

“Neh Ajeossi!” As Jihoon wipes his mouth he takes a gulp of his glass of orange juice and turns to Seung Hyun with a big smile. “Ajeossi can we go to the carnival around here appa takes me there every year.”

 

There was silence when Jihoon said the word Appa. Sunmi looks from Jihoon to Seung Hyun who had a hard look on his face as his thoughts seem to be somewhere else. What seems to be two minutes of silence Seung Hyun finally said something.

 

“Okay let’s go after we finish eating break fast then.” With that response Jihoon sang happily as he tried to finish his meal as fast as possible. Sunmi took another quick peek at Seung Hyun who had a small smile on his face.

 

As Seung Hyun watches Jihoon prance around at the carnival in front of him he looks to his side and sees Sunmi smiling as always.

 

“Nuna lets go ride the ferris wheel!” Jihoon said as he took Sunmi’s hand and drags her away from Seung Hyun. As Seung Hyun was left alone he sat at bench near the ride and watches the two of them getting ready on the ride. Just then a man sat beside him wearing a blue sweater and blue jeans. He turns to look at Seung Hyun with a smile.

 

“Officer Choi I have a note from Mr. Bae.” The man said as he secretky slips the paper to Seung Hyun’s hand.

 

“Another mission request is already here?” Seung Hyun asks without looking at the note he slips it in his right pants pocket. The man only smiles and nods his head as he gets up and leaves.

 

As Sunmi sat beside Jihoon and her view expanded and the people below got smaller she could still make out objects. She sees a man in a blue sweater sitting beside Seung Hyun on a bench. She watche the man in the blue sweater suspiciously and notices him slipping something towards Seung Hyun. As Seung Hyun takes the paper and exchange a few words the man got up and left.

 

“Nuna look at that view!” Jihoon exclaims happily as Sunmi turns towards what Jihoon was pointing at. Sunmi made a note to find out what Seung Hyun hid in his pockets as she focus her attention back to Jihoon.

 

As the day was coming to an end the three of them were slowly walking back home. Seung Hyun had Jihoon on his back as he gave the boy a piggyback ride. He was fast asleep after a long fun day.

 

Sunmi was holding toys and food in her arms as neither him nor her spoke on the way home. It was a peaceful walk as only the sound of birds chirping or the wave of the sea crashing against rocks were heard.

 

When they finally reach the house Seung Hyun settle Jihoon in his bedroom bed. While Sunmi put down the toys in his room and went downstairs to make teas for Seung Hyun and herself. While pouring the tea in the teacups Sunmi thoughts wander back to what Seung Hyun and the blue sweater man was talking about back at the carnival. And that note somewhere in his clothes pocket.

 

“You are over filling the teacup.” Seung Hyun said cutting off Sunmi’s train of thoughts. She snaps out of it and looks down at the teacup over spilling with tea.

 

“I’m sorry.” Sunmi mumble while grabbing a dish cloth and soaking up the mess. Seung Hyun steps inside the kitchen and sits in one of the stools watching her. Whenever Seung Hyun watches Sunmi she feels nerve wracking as her heart begins to beat faster. It’s intimidating to know those brown mysterious eyes are watching her.

 

“Miss Sunmi?” Seung Hyun calls out seeing Sunmi in a trance again. This time she accidently pushes the tea cups onto the kitchen floor chattering it. Sunmi curse under her breath as she knelt down to clean it up. Seung Hyun gets off his stool and knelts down beside her to help.

 

“I’m so sorry for always breaking things.” Sunmi said as Seung Hyun chuckles. Something about this girl keeps him at peace.

 

“It’s okay we have ten of the same cups. I don’t see the need to keep so many of them, if you break one there is always another to replace it.” Seung Hyun said trying to comfort Sunmi and it did.  

 

“Can I ask you something?” Sunmi hestitates as she met her eyes with Seung Hyun. “It’s nothing actully.” His eye gave her chills down to her spine like it was piercing through her body.

 

“Are you sure?” Seung Hyun asks arching his right eyebrow up. Sunmi sighs and gather up all her strength to asks him. Just then little Jihoon was at the kitchen door rubbing his eyes still half asleep.

 

“Ajeossi can you read me a story to bed?” Jihoon asks still sleepy as ever, Seung Hyun takes a look at Sunmi and gets up from sitting on the chair.

 

“Yes Jihoon come on lets go back to your room.” With that both of them left leaving Sunmi alone. Still kneeling on the ground with some bits of the broken glass in her hand she finishes getting rid of every piece of broken glass and throws them away in the trash. Sighing she decides to shower and forget about the lingering question on her mind.

 

As Sunmi steps out of the bathroom with a towel over her wet hair she hums silently to herself. Drying her hair she passes by Seung Hyun’s room and as she did she saw Seung Hyun sitting in a rocking chair near the balcony outside. He was still in his clothes from earlier on the day but he had his eyes shut. She walks by the door and stop herself, what better chance now to see find out what the man gave Seung Hyun earlier? Walking backwards she silently tip toe into his room. Getting close to where Seung Hyun was sleeping in the rocking chair she kneels down slowly and take sin some calm deep breathes. She could feel her heart beat quickening as the palms of her hands began to sweat. Ever so slowly her hands slid inside his right pants pocket. Going a bit further she felt the piece of paper hit her finger tips. Just then Seung Hyun was up and had Sunmi hands out of his pants pocket and pinned down on the floor.

 

As Seung Hyun eyes were wide awake and alarm Sunmi felt her heart beating extremely fast. It wasn’t the fact that Seung Hyun was awake and had tackled her down on the ground. It was about the fact he was just three inches away from her face.