Chapter 07

Arms of an Angel

CHAPTER 07:

 

Seung Hyun takes his focus off the mails in front of him and looks at Sunmi with interest. Maybe this woman isn’t as simple as he thinks. She notices things that Seung Hyun thought she would never had notice.

 

Arching his right eyebrow he drops the mails on to the table and clasps his hands together. Putting his elbow on the table he bends closer to Sunmi while sitting across from her. Just among a whisper he asks her, “What makes you think that now?”

 

Seung Hyun watch as Sunmi gulp down her fear wondering if she should answer his question or not. A minute has pass before she decides to answer his question.

 

“You leave during the night and come back around dawn.” Sunmi voice was barely audible. Seung Hyun kept his interest face as he smirks and answer back.

 

“Perhaps I was at a club with a friend in Seoul?” The answer must have surpise Sunmi as her eyes were mix with confusion and understanding. Not letting Sunmi question any further he decides to make her uneasy by turning on his charms.

 

“Would you like to go with me sometimes Sunmi?” He whispers across the table as Sunmi blushes. ‘Bingo it worked.’ Seung Hyun thought as he slides back in his chair pleased with himself.

 

“I-I-I have to use the bath room.” With that Sunmi got up from her chair and quickly scurry down the hall and into the bath room.  Seung Hyun sighs just when his cell phone beeps with a message. Flipping his phone open the message was from no other then Mr. Bae.

 

‘Meet me at the dock at our usual place.’

 

Seung Hyun flips his phone closing his screen just when Sunmi exits back out from the bathroom. She situated herself back down at the seat across from Seung Hyun with a determine look.

 

“You’re a secret agent. I know it.” With that she got back up from the chair and climb up the stairs back into her room.

 

As Seung Hyun drive through the road towards the dock he couldn’t help thinking about Sunmi’s outburst that morning.

 

‘A secret agent, can she be anymore…would stupid be the right word? Or that she can come up with weird imagination?’

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

He made a left turn before pulling to a parking space. Taking off his helmet he ruffles his hair and looks out towards the dock. A plump man wearing a black suit was staring into the sea. Walking towards that direction the man in the black suit turned around to face Seung Hyun.

 

“You read the next mission I found someone to give you?” Mr. Bae asks as he took out a cigarette. As he light it up he inhale and exhale creating he puff os smoke. Staring into Seung Hyun’s face he showed no emotion like every meeting.

 

“You’ll be working as a body guard for Kim Yoobin. Kim Bum’s precious daughter after some affair rumors between Yoobin and a movie star. When you gain Kim Bum’s trust we’ll make the next move.” Mr. Bae spoke and as he spoke longer his voice became raspier by the minute.

 

“Tomorrow you will be meeting one of Kim Bum personal bodyguard before he escorts you to protect Miss Kim. Meet him at Ok Café in Seoul.” With that Mr. Bae took one last turn with his cigarette before dropping it down on the ground. Snuffing it out with the heel of his shoe he pats Seung Hyun on his shoulder before leaving.  

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day came as Seung Hyun got ready to the leave the house. Checking his watch it was only nine forty five.  Which gives him fifteen minutes to get to Ok Café before meeting Kim Bum’s body guard?

 

“Ajeossi!” Jihoon screamas he went down the stairs running towards the front door. Seung Hyun smile as he lifts up Jihoon in his arms.

 

“Are you going to work today?” Jihoon asks hugging Seung Hyun as he did so Seung Hyun saw Sunmi coming down the stairs.

 

“Yes Jihoon, I have to meet somebody today for a job as a body guard.” Hearing the word bodyguard Jihoon’s eyes lit up with excitement.

 

“You’re going to be a bodyguard! That’s so cool!" Jihoon exclaim as he wriggle in Seung Hyun’s arm.

 

“Where is the meeting?” Sunmi asks standing at the bottom of the stairs.

 

“It’s at Ok Café.” Seung Hyun replied putting Jihoon back down. Jihoon gasps when he heard the name with wide eyes.

 

“OK CAFÉ??? My friends at school said they have the best cake in the world! Can I come along ajeossi?” He asks jumping up and down. Seung Hyun looks at Jihoon concern as Sunmi chuckles from witnessing this scene.

 

“No Jihoon.” Seung Hyun said as Jihoon whined ever more.

 

“Why nooooottt~”

 

“No.”

 

“Pllllllleeeeaaaasssseee~” Jihoon begged kneeling on the floor with his hands together begging.

 

“Oh come on bring the little man already it won’t hurt.” Sunmi spoke trying to help little Jihoon. Seung Hyun glares at Sunmi as Jihoon tug his coat’s sleeve.

 

“He can come if only and only if you come along and watch him as I go have my meeting.” Seung Hyun said as Jihoon yelp and ran towards Sunmi swinging her hand.

 

“Nuna~” Jihoon begs with puppy eyes. Sunmi laughs as she nods her head with a yes. Smiling widely Jihoon ran up to his room and shut the door behind him to get dress.

 

“You should go get dress as well I need to leave in five minutes.” Seung Hyun said. Before Sunmi went up the stairs she stared at Seung Hyun and spoke, "I know that you're becoming a bodyguard for your secret agent job". With that she heads up the stairs as Seung Hyun watches her climbs up the stairs.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

As Seung Hyun parks his car at a parking lot he was quiet as Jihoon talk to Sunmi excitedly. One thing Seung Hyun hated was to drive a car and not his motorcycle. It wasn’t the same there was no freedom to move left and right easily. Having to use a car made him feel like he was being pulled down and made him feel stiff.

 

Opening the door to the Ok Café the smell of sweet desert wafted around the bakery. Jihoon ran towards the bakery counter display case. Sunmi followed Jihoon as Seung Hyun searched for Kim Bum’s men.

 

Jihoon put his face against the display counter as he took in every cake with desire. All of them looked so pretty to him and definitely tasted delicious as well. Sunmi stood behind him and smile.

 

“Jihoon-ah which pieces of cake do you wants to try?” Sunmi asks.

 

“I want that one. No wait that one. No wait that one! Wait…” Jihoon pointed to each different cake not being able to decide which one he really wants to try.

 

“I recommend the Playful Cherry.” A male voice spoke from behind the counter. Jihoon took a step back from the counter and looked up as Sunmi did the same. A man in his twenties smiled at the both of them.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” The male said cheerfully and bow as Sunmi and Jihoon did the same. “The Playful Cherry is the children favorite.”

 

“What’s inside the cake?” Jihoon asks as his attention fell back on the cake display counter staring at the cake the stranger recommended.

 

“Let’s see the cake is chocolate which contains cherries inside and a thin layer of chocolate cream. Plus with the sprinkles on top of the cake it adds a bonus flavor for the taste.” The man said as Jihoon eyes gleam with anticipation to eat it.  

 

Jihoon turn his attention towards Sunmi as he pointed at the cake the man suggested. “Nuna I want this one!” Sunmi smile and ordered a slice for him as Jihoon laughs happily looking for an empty seat to sit. As Sunmi paid for the cake the man took out the cake from the display and cut a piece of the cake a bit bigger then usual.

 

“Just a little extra surprise for the happy kid and free of charge.” The man said as he pushed the plate to Sunmi. Looking at the name tag and then to his face she never realized how handsome he was.

 

“Ok Taecyeon as in the owner of this place?” Sunmi asks taking the plate into her hands.

 

Taecyeon chuckle and nods his head, “I hope the little man enjoy the cake.” With that Sunmi walk towards Jihoon flabergasted that she met the owner of this bakery and how handsome he was.