Chapter 01

Arms of an Angel

CHAPTER 01:

Music: Dropping the Tears by K.Will   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkPDo_DGbg

 

Seung Hyun slammed the door behind him as he walked inside his small apartment building. He dropped his set of keys onto the cold wooden floor. Breathing heavily he manage to get to his living room couch and clasp on to it. His forehead was full of sweat he left out a groan as the pain of shifting his elbow pained him. Taking off his black leather jacket his white t-shirt was stained with blood. Getting up once more he went to his cabinet and opened it grabbing out his first aid kit. Setting everything down on the table in front of him he sat back down on the couch and began healing his wound.

 

He has just got back from doing a special job, a job that requires him to kill. He was shot on the shoulder during that process. He the television as the news channel came on.

 

“Mr. Dong president of one of the top five Korea casinos has been found dead. He was left in an abandon alley with a gun in hand. With the police and forensic team it was said that he may have been in a struggle with someone, since bruise was shown on his body but the bullet in his heart matched the gun in his hand. The result of the shot was a close distance and not from afar. Thus the police assume that he may have murder himself. Further information was found out that Mr. Dong has been dealing with some ilegal drug dealings inside his casino. The police is now closing down every of Mr. Dong’s casinos so the case is closed.” The news reporter who looked about in her thirties reported. The image on the screen shifted as they began to announce the weather report notifying that it will rain tomorrow for the whole day. Just then Seung Hyun cell phone began to ring. Accepting the call he put it close to his hear as a raspy man voice filled his ear.

 

“Well done my boy, I heard from one of my boys that you’re wounded by one of Mr. Dong’s man. Are you alright?” The raspy man voice asked over the phone. As Seung Hyun finished bandaging his wound he looked at the table where a bullet lies with dried up blood all over it.

 

“Yes sir I’ll be fine.” Seung Hyun answered while focusing on his bandaging master piece.

 

“Good, take a few days off then come back to the police office. We finally got one of the top three ilegal drug dealers from our many years of hard work. I’ll see you in my office on Friday for your next mission.” With that the man hung up on the other end. Closing his cell phone he sat back on his couch and thought back to five years ago when he gotten himself in this business.

 

--------------------------------------

 

“Choi Seung Hyun.” A husky voice called out to the line of men who were waiting to be called into the chief office.

 

“Ye!” Seung Hyun stepped out of the line and followed the man with the husky voice into a room. As the man closed the door shut behind him a plump man in his forties sat in front of Seung Hyun smoking a cigerette. The man had a military hair cut with some white hair gleaming in the light. The room wasn’t big and it didn’t have any windows with only a single lightbulb hanging down from the ceiling.

 

“I see you’re a police patrol officer.” The man said while taking a on his cigerette and breathed out the smoke. As he spoke his voice came out to be raspy, probably due to his previous years of smoking. He dropped a clip board on to a table containing a stack of papers.

 

“Yes sir!” Seung Hyun shouted and gave a salut, he was still in his patrol uniform.

 

“What makes you capable on taking this dangerous job?”As the man asks him this Seung Hyun took the time to consider his answer.

 

“To see an ilegal action not taken under the police force is unspeakable. I cannot standby and not give justice.” The man took in Seung Hyun’s words slowly closing his eyes considering what he said.

 

“You know how to fight son?” The plump man finally spoke and looked into Seung Hyun’s eyes seriously.

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“Please call me Mr. Bae.” The plump man offer, he smiled and put out his cigerette. Getting up from sitting in a wooden chair for hours he brought out his hand.

 

“Welcome to the SPF (Secrect Police Force) my son. Your training will start tomorrow and then will hand you your first task of assasination.” Mr. Bae said as Seung Hyun shook his head he watched the man leave. Leaving the room seconds after him he found the line of men who were waiting with him disperse. Climbing up the underground staircase of the police force he came up to the ground floor of the building where everything was run by law. No one knew he was an assasin to kill the most wanted that can never be caught. Here in the daylight he was just a normal police patrol man following the law, but at night it was completely different.

 

“Good evening Mr. Choi.” A woman in the police force bowed as Seung Hyun walk down the hall. He nods his head entering the police men changing room. As he changed into his black suit and tie he stepped out of the police building putting on his sunglasses with a smirk plaster on his face.

 

-------------------------------------

 

Seung Hyun phone vibrated in his hand signaling that he had a text message. Flipping open his phone he read his text and ever so slowly his eyes widen. He jumped up from the couch and with his unwounded side of his shoulder swung his arm grabbing his leather jacket putting it over his shoulder. Putting his cell phone in his pants pocket he grabbed his key from the floor and slammed the door behind him in a hurry.

 

Getting out of the apartment he hopped on his motorcycle while putting his helemt on himself he put the key in the iginition slot. He drove off into the Seoul darkness. Whipping down the road he diverted around cars to reach to his destination as fast as possible. As he reached his destination where a fancy white beach house stood it was in complete darkness and that’s when he heard it. A sound of a gun shot. Jumping off his motorcycle it fell on its side. He ran towards the house, reaching to the front door it was bust open with everything a mess as the house was in complete darkness except for the moonlight that gave little light to the house. He ran upstairs checking every room until he saw his long time partner on the floor in his office gasping for air.

 

“Jiyong!” Seung Hyun yelled falling to his knees and lifting Jiyong’s head up forgetting about his injured arm and bloody white t-shirt that was covered by his leather jacket.

 

“Don’t fall asleep you hear me? I’m going to call the amublence and everything is going to be okay.” Seung Hyun spoke touching Jiyong’s wound which was on his chest.

 

“Hyung,” Jiyong whisper out with his hands full of blood that was trying to cover his wound “take care of son for me will you?”

 

Seung Hyun nods his head as tears began to form in his eyes. “Who did this to you huh Ji?”

 

“Doesn’t matter hyung...” With his last breath he pointed to his office cabinet that Seung Hyun thought was always big enough to fit a person in there and just like that his hand fell to the ground with a thump. Seung Hyun voice rip as he yelled in anger and in pain for losing a best friend. As the balcony doors were open the curtains that hung to the door ripple from the wind. Seung Hyun slowly put down Jiyong’s head on the floor. Getting up he walked towards the cabinet and slowly opened it. There was Jiyong’s son, Jihoon wrapping his arms around his legs crying silently.

 

“He must have heard our conversation.” Seung Hyun thought as he gently pat him on his shoulder. Jihoon looked up to his father’s best friend. With his mouth trembling Jihoon called out to Seung Hyun.

 

“Ajeossi (uncle).” Jihoon called out as he picked him up from the cabinet.

 

“Jihoon-ah its okay I’ll be your appa (dad) from now on.” Seung Hyun whispers in his ears as he walked them downstairs to the front door of the house. He grabbed out his phone from his pocket dilaing for the police station.

 

“Hello? A crime happened in my friend’s house. Yes, my friend…..he’s dead.”

 

----------------------------------------

 

“It may seem that your friend, Kwon Jiyong, will say that if he ever dies…” A lawyer in his twenties paused to let the silence take over.  He fidgets with his paper work. It may seem that this guy was a newbie, Seung Hyun thought to himeself as the guy loosen his collar his suit feeling uncomfortable about mentiong someone’s death and talking about someone’s will.

 

Getting himself together he continues with his speech, “His house and his son will be under your guardian.” Seung Hyun took in this new information while nodding his head.

 

“He also said that every of his possessions are yours and you can do anything you want with it. I’m sure you will take good care of the house and his son Mr. Choi.” The lawyer said.

 

“Thank you Mr…” Seung Hyun trailed off not rememberig his name.

 

“Mr. Lee. Junsu is the name.” Junsu said while shaking hands with Seung Hyun. “Kwon Jihoon last name will remain the same though. Poor kid though, lost his mother two years ago and now his dad…” He trailed off. Seungh Hyun not wanting to hear anymore sympathy for Jihoon thanks him and stood up from his seat getting ready to exit.

“Oh Mr. Choi, Kwon Jiyong also wrote a letter to you before recently before he died.” Junsu handing him the letter said farewell. Climbing down the stairs Jihoon was sitting in a lobby chair looking down on the ground with an expressionless face. A woman in a suit sat beside him, she notices him and stood up smiling.

 

“Mr. Choi, Jihoon is now under your care. Take good care of him.” With that the lady left, Jihoon looked up at his fateher’s best friend.

 

“Jihoon-ah let’s go home.” Seung Hyun said, Jihoon slowly nod his head. Getting down from the chair they both took each other hands and together went home.

 

 

----------------------------

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Please let me know what you think cause it keeps me motivated and my ideas to be flowing. Don't forget to subscribe (:

-Rassyjam