Chapter 06

Arms of an Angel

CHAPTER 06:

 

“What do you think you are doing Sunmi?” Seung Hyun asks in a quiet whisper. From grabbing both of Sunmi’s wrists with each of his hands he could feel Sunmi’s heartbeat quickening every second.

 

“I-I-I’m sorry.” Sunmi stammers trying to look away from Seung Hyun’s eyes that held the look of a wild animal ready to attack his prey any second. One wrong move and he’ll pounce and eat you alive. He could feel Sunmi’s body tremble beneath him. He slowly loosens his grip from both of Sunmi’s wrist while he did that he tries to calm his heart. As an assassin he always gets a rush of adrenaline through his veins to be more alarm with his surroundings. Still on top he puts his head down on the ground trying to catch his breath.

 

“What were you trying to accomplish?” The words that he spoke didn’t even transmit to Sunmi’s head as she could hear and feel every beat of Seung Hyun’s heart. Not to mention his cologne that smelt like the morning air of spring when his face was so close to her. All of a sudden she has the urge to run her hands through his hair. Snapping out of her thoughts she heard Seung Hyun calling her name.

 

“Sunmi what were you trying to accomplish?” Seung Hyun asks again when he finally catch his breaths he backs up and sat on the ground. Sunmi slowly got up from the ground as well as she clears looking down at the cashmere color carpet in the room except at Seung Hyun.

 

“I-I was…just…” She stammers trying to create a full sentence. Seung Hyun sighs uninterested in what she has to say.

 

“It’s late, why don’t you just go back to your room and sleep?” He asks, nodding her head Sunmi got up from the floor and bow before leaving the room.

 

‘That was a close one Sunmi! Never do that again! Just forget about your curiousity.’ Sunmi thinks as she felt her heart with her hand which was beating in an extremely fast paste.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Seung Hyun watch Sunmi turns a corner down the hall before closing the door to his room behind him. What just happen here? Why was this woman hand in his pants pocket? Was she a thief?

 

‘I should just take her to a hotel with some money.’ Seung Hyun thought before dimissing the thought of Sunmi as a thief. Just then the memory of the intimacy between Sunmi and him a few minutes ago began to make his heart beat fast once more. Reaching into his right pants pocket he took out a slip of paper the blue sweater man gave him during the day. Opening the piece of paper there were three things scribble down on the paper.

 

Kim Bum, Body Guard, Kim Yoobin.

 

That was all Seung Hyun needed to know for his next mission until further notice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning everything seems normal as if last night encounter between Seung Hyun and Sunmi hadn’t even happen at all. Both ignore each other and kept quiet like usually while Jihoon munch on his strawberry jam toast. He happily stuffs his cheeks with bread as jam and crumbs were stuck on his face.

 

Sunmi seeing Jihoon usual dirty face with food and Seung Hyun with a disgusted face begins to laugh silently to herself. Both boys stop what they were doing and look at Sunmi as she silently laughs. The site of seeing her laugh caught both of the boys by surprise, when she smiles or laughs it brings out the beauty of her personality and face features. Like an angel both the boys thought as Sunmi looks up to find them staring at her. She began to blush and apologize as Jihoon exclaims happily to see her laugh.

 

“Nuna you should laugh more! You look like an angel!” Jihoon said waving both of his hands in the air as Seung Hyun drank his coffee quietly. Sunmi embarrass thanks Jihoon as she takes a peak at Seung Hyun who continues to read his news paper once more. Just then a knock on the door surprise all of them. As Seung Hyun got up from his chair and open the door there stood a man wearing a green cap hat smiling. The mail man surprisingly came very early today. The mail man exchange a friendly hello and small talk before leaving handing Seung Hyun his mails.

 

“Ajeossi did I get a mail?” Jihoon asks curiosly trying to look at the mail as Seung Hyun sat back down in his chairs.

 

“Why would there be mails for you now Jihoon?” Seung Hyun asks in a amuse tone while never looking up from the mail.

 

“Because I gave my friend our address to write me a letter and she promised!” Jihoon said trying to get a hold of the mails.

 

“Who is she?” Seung Hyun asks arching his eyebrow a bit at Jihoon as he moves the mails in his hand away from Jihoon’s grasp.

 

“Ajeossi~” Jihoon whines as Seung Hyun continue to give him the look. “Her name is Yenny.” Seung Hyun satisfied look through the mail and found the one with the name Yenny and handed it over to Jihoon who yelp happily as he grab the mail in his hands. Jumping off his chair he ran towards his room as Seung Hyun shout after him.

 

“Wash your hands first Jihoon!”

 

Sunmi watched smile finding their love for each other extremely strong and adorable. As Seung Hyun went back to looking through his mails Sunmi took a sip of her orange juice.

 

“Are you going to tell me why you were inside my room yesterday?” Seung Hyuns asks suddenly never taking his eyes off the mail. The question took Sunmi of guard making her choke as she tries to swallow her orange juice. He eyes her curiously as Sunmi dabs with a napkin. She decided to ask what was on her mind all along, that one lingering question that will help make sense to all of this.

 

“Are you more then just a cop?” Sunmi asks as she stares at Seung Hyun determine to know the truth.  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys so much for the love and support! I apologize if this chapter is so short. ): Hopefully the next chapter will be longer and more interesting! <3 Comments are welcome~

-RassyJam