Chapter 02

Arms of an Angel

CHAPTER 02:

Music: One Droplet In A Second by K.Will http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5xSx8zVi-s

 

Dear hyung,

            By the time you read this I’m guessing that I’m already gone from this world. Don’t be sad though, this just means I promoted to a higher position then you first finally! I’ll be looking over for you and Jihoon from up above. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen since these past few months I had a hunch someone was following me and was going to make a move anytime soon. I don’t know who and I don’t want you to look for him. All I want is for you to take care of my little man Jihoon. You probably know from my lawyer Mr. Lee, oh and about my house you better not sell it you hear me hyung?! The house took me forver to buy and keeping it in a clean nice condition takes hard work of cleaning 24/7. Don’t be to sad about my death hyung. Working along side you as your partner has been my happiest moment in my life besides marrying my wife and having Jihoon in my life.Take care hyung.

                                                                                                            Sincerely,

                                                                                                                   Kwon Jiyong

As Seung Hyun folded the letter back up and putting it back inside the envelope he put the letter inside his suit coat he was wearing. Jihoon and he have just come home from Jiyong’s lawyer’s office. Everything had happen so fast thought Seung Hyun. He still can’t believe his partner has died. Brushing his hands over his face Seung Hyun put his head in his hands while his elbows were on his lap. Sitting in Jiyong’s couch office where the crime happen everything was still. All he heard was the old father clock that stood in the office ticking. Getting up from the couch he walked towards the balcony, opening up the door he walked out and look at the sight of the beach.

 

The sky was grey as he heard the wave crash against the rocks. The beach house was built on a hill that was not far from the shore. Looking to his right he found Jihoon drawing on the sand with a branch stick. Even though he had visited this house many times he decided to look around, this time was different. He was the owner of the house and he needed to know the place very well for safety. Maybe the man that killed his best friend will come after him anytime soon.

 

Walking downstairs he decided to visit the kitchen first as he enter the room the kitchen was all white with a large window set viewing the beach shore. He smiled finally understanding why Jiyong loved the kitchen the most. He can see the presense of Jiyong waking up every morning and sitting near the window. He will be sipping his coffee looking out towards the window view reading a book. Seung Hyun turns around eruptly feeling his emotion starting to rise. Deciding to view the other room another time he walks out of the house deciding to find Jihoon instead.

 

He found Jihoon in the same area back when he was in Jiyong’s office balcony. The little man was still playing, but instead of drawing as Seung Hyun had thought he was writing. To be more specific the little man wrote words near the shore.

 

“Jihoon-ah what are you doing?” Seung Hyun stood behind him with his hands in his jean front pockets.

 

“I’m writing a letter to appa.” The little man replies not losing his concentration off his work and continue to finish writing his word. Seung Hyun looks over Jihoon’s shoulder and read the word he wrote.

 

I’ll.

 

Then the beach wave came up and brushed away the word. Jihoon then wrote another word.

 

Miss.

 

You.

 

“Are you writing a message?” Seung Hyun asks as Jihoon put down the branch stick on the sand.

 

“Neh (Yes) ajeossi (Uncle), I’ll be writing to appa everyday so he knows what’s going on in my life.” Jihoon looked up at Seung Hyun with a smile as he spoke. Seung Hyun put a hand on top of the little man’s head and ruffled it.

 

“You’re a strong man Jihoon-ah I’m proud of you.” Jihoon chuckled and nod his head. He turned around and formed an astonish face with his mouth forming an “O” shape.

 

“Ajeossi there’s a mermaid floating in the water.” Seung Hyun confuse looked towards the shore and found a person floating on a log unconcious. Hesitating he told Jihoon to stay where he was and began to take off his coat, socks, and shoes. Then he dived into the water swimming towards the person. Finally reachng the person which was a female he took her in one of his arm and began to swim towards shore where Jihoon waited for him.

 

“Ajeossi! Ajeossi over here!” Jihoon wave his arms up and down. Reaching the shore Seung Hyun set the female on the sand where Jihoon stood. He looked for her heart beat and found none. Tilting her head up he began to do CPR. Jihoon watch in silent as Seung Hyun tried to revive the woman. Then she began to cough spitting out water, she opened her eyes slightly and closed them again unconcious but this time her heart beating once more.

 

“Come on Jihoon let’s go back to the house.” Seung Hyun spoke lifting the woman up in his arm surprising himself. She was a very light woman with a slender body. As they walk back home Jihoon opened the door for Seung Hyun to enter. He settled the unconcious woman in the living room couch near the fireplace. He then began to start the fire ordering Jihoon to find some towels and a blanket. Starting the fireplace he turned around and used the towels Jihoon brought to dry up the woman’s hair. He scrunched up his face finding her in wet clothing, one thing he never liked was wet clothes on people and especially himself. Deciding to change into some dry clothes first and then her he ran up to his room. Five minutes later he wore a pair of jeans and white v-neck t-shirt he brought down a pair of his greay sweatpants and another white v-neck t-shirt for the woman. Kneeling beside her on the couch he apologize to her and began stripping her into some dry clothes deciding to leave her under garments.

 

All the while Seung Hyun ordered Jihoon to stay in the kitchen to find something to eat and not come out until he tells him so. Obediently he stayed in there until Seung Hyun gave him the signal. He walked out of the kitchen eating a chocolate cookie with crumbs on his face.

 

“Ajeossi is she awake?” Jihoon asks staring at the woman who he thought was a mermaid a few hours ago.

 

“No, but we should stay here until she wakes up.” Seung Hyun stared down at the woman who was sleeping peacefully. The two of them sat in the living room, Jihoon playing checkers with himself on the carpet that was acessoring the home’s woonden floor as Seung Hyun read a book in one of the armchair. A few more hours later the woman began to stir on the couch as Seung Hyun put down his book and got out of his chair walking towards her. Jihoon stop his game and turning around looking at her. The woman opened her eyes slowly and sat up. She head brown wavy long hair to her elbows with her face looking like an angel.

 

“Wh….where is this place?” She asks rubbing her eyes a bit and look from Jihoon to Seung Hyun with a confuse expression.

 

“Who am I?”

 

--------------------------------------------

Terribly sorry for not posting a chapter up sooner. Just that school and for me becoming a senior next year is very hectic. I'm hoping that this summer I will at least get this story moving. I hope I didn't lose readers and that I will get more readers soon, spread the love! Haha comments are welcome keeps me motivated till next time! (:

-RassyJam