Confusion

Why Did I Turn on this Love Show?

“Hey Soohyun.” Kiseop’s voice rang through the other end of the phone. Hoon rolled his eyes.

“It’s not Soohyun.” He said simply.

“Hoonmin? Why are you calling me? And why do you have Soohyun’s phone?” Kiseop asked.

“He left his phone at my house, and I was going to bring it to him but I don’t know where he lives so I decided to call you to figure that out so I can go give it to him. Is that a valid enough reason?” Hoon stated, leaning back on his couch. He had only been talking to the male for a few moments and he was already sick of talking with the other.

“Oh well in that case I’ll just go get it and bring it to him.” Kiseop said.
“Why can’t I just bring it to him?” Hoonmin asked, his brows furrowing in confusion.

“It’s just I don’t want to inconvenience you, and plus I’m on my way over there anyways.” Kiseop said shrugging his shoulders. Hoon huffed, rolling his eyes.

“Fine.” Hoonmin said with a growl. “I’ll meet you outside my gate. I don’t want you coming in.”

“Ok…?” Kiseop frowned, but shook his head. He hung up before Hoonmin could say anything more.

“That was close…” he said to himself, changing the direction in which he had been walking, heading towards Hoonmin’s home. He only knew where he would be going because he had to pick up Soohyun from the place once before. He walked slowly along the side walk, thinking to himself. It hate been only a week since his little ‘date’ with Kevin, and the other had gone right back to ignoring Kiseop. It was like that date never happened. Like Kiseop didn’t exist. In fact he felt more ignored now then he ever had before. Had running out to go get Soohyun from Hoonmin’s been that terrible? Was that really what Kevin was worried about? Did Kevin think that Kiseop liked Soohyun? These questions and more were swimming through Kiseop’s mind. He wasn’t paying attention to where he was going, and to anyone watching him he probably looked crazy. He was walking down the street his eyes moving back and forth, mumbling nothing and everything to himself. Yes, Kiseop was indeed crazy. But he was only crazy because Kevin was making him like this. He grumbled, biting at his bottom lip, finally looking up from the ground to see where he was walking. He smiled when he realized he had stopped right at his destination. Hoonmin was leaning against the ivy covered brick wall, his head up, and his eyes closed.

“Yah! Nerd.” Kiseop said, waving his hands up in front of Hoonmin’s face. Hoonmin snapped his eyes open, his dark eyes glaring at the jock in front of him.

“Here. Now leave.” He shoved the phone into the other’s hand, starting to turn away to walk back to his home.

“Hey Hoonmin!” Kiseop held out his arm, in a motion to stop the other from walking away.

“What?” Hoonmin snapped, turning back to face the boy.

“How is Kevin…?” Kiseop asked, his voice soft, holding a tint of concern.

“Kevin’s normal.” Hoonmin replied, pressing the button’s on the key pad, the gate opening slowly.

“But if you must know, you hurt him Kiseop. And I don’t want you ever talking to him again.” Hoonmin said, looking over his shoulder to glare before walking down the long drive way. Kiseop stood there for a moment, his eyes wide. Running away from the ice cream parlor to go get Soohyun had hurt Kevin. He had hurt the one person he cared about other then Soohyun, and he didn’t even know what he had done. He clenched his hands into fists, sighing heavily before turning on the heels of his feet to walk towards Soohyun’s house. Emotion’s raged through Kiseop, but most of all he was angry. He was angry at himself for leaving Kevin behind like that. He had his one chance to make a move, to start something with Kevin, and he blew it.

His love for Kevin went back years. They began in middle school, when he shared a gym class with Kevin. During that class, the teacher would constantly call on Kiseop to help Kevin, seeing as how Kevin had never really been much of a physical boy. He spent most of his time sitting on the side lines, watching while the others would rush at each other trying to get the ball for what ever sport they were playing.

When the gym teacher would make Kevin play, Kevin would constantly be pushed around. Being shoved out of the way, and no one would bother even trying to get him to play along with them. In P.E. Kevin didn’t exist to the others, Kevin was nothing, and doomed to always be picked last. However that’s far from the way Kiseop saw him. Whenever Kiseop would look at Kevin his mind would go blank, his heart would race, and he would begin to sweat. At first Kiseop thought he was just working to hard, and that his mind was playing tricks on him. But then it continued, in classes outside of gym, and even on the rare occasion when they would meet outside of the school.

Soon Kevin was all Kiseop could think about. And it scared the crap out of him. He never had these feelings for anyone, not even a girl. Soohyun started noticing Kiseop’s strange behavior, but whenever he would ask Kiseop would give out some excuse about being stressed with school and soccer tryouts. Kiseop was terrified of his own feelings. How could he have told his best friend if he didn’t even know what was happening? Soon Kiseop did come to terms with his emotions. He let them happen. He let himself fall for the boy. He slowly eased into the new feeling, he hoped it would simply go away though. He thought it was just a crush, that once he met someone else, it would go away.

So he started going out on more dates then usual, he was constantly hanging out with Soohyun, because girls would flock to him. Not once did he get feelings for a girl, and not once would he get the feelings with another guy.

He was totally in love with Kevin.

He finally told Soohyun, but was shocked when all Soohyun said was ‘Cool. Now can we play some soccer?’ It was like Kiseop had told him that he wanted bulgoggi for dinner. It was a shock because he thought Soohyun would shun him away. He thought his friend would think he was disgusting, or had a disease. No. Soohyun’s opinion never changed for his best friend.

“How could I have messed up so bad?” Kiseop mumbled to himself as he knocked on the door to Soohyun’s home. He sighed shaking his head.

“I need to fix everything…” He whispered, just as the door opened, revealing a shirtless, and very wet Soohyun.

“What are you doing here Kiseop?” He asked, running his fingers through his dripping wet hair.

“You left your phone at Hoonmin’s so I brought it for you.” Kiseop said with a smile, holding out the phone for his friend. Soohyun grabbed it, moving out of the way of his door, motioning with his hand for his friend to walk inside.

“There’s something wrong, I know it.” Soohyun said as Kiseop took a step inside, beginning to remove his shoes. Kiseop sighed, his eyes moving down to the floor, his hands moving down to slowly remove his shoes.

“Kevin’s ignoring me Soohyun…”

“Umm…how is this any different from before?” Soohyun asked, his eye brow raised in confusion.

“Because! It just seems…different…like he’s trying even harder to keep out of my way. And when I went to Hoonmin’s, he told me to never talk to Kevin again. I upset him Hyung! What do I do?” Kiseop whined, putting on his best aegyo, gripping at Soohyun’s arm.

“Yah get off me!” Soohyun stepped back, wiggling his arm away from his friend’s grip.

“But but but…” Kiseop sighed, pouting.

“Kiseop I can’t help you with your Kevin issue. I’m still trying to deal with my stupid Hoonmin issues.” Soohyun said with a sigh, turning his head to the side, not really looking at anything, just staring off into space.

“What do you mean?” Kiseop asked confused. “I thought you had everything figured out. I thought you knew you loved him…” Kiseop looked up at his friend.

“Don’t say that Kiseop. I never said I loved him, I only said I think I might like him.But now I’m not even sure of that.” Soohyun sighed. “He’s been acting a lot different within the last week. I mean it seemed like last week, he was starting to open up more, but then one day he was back to his old bastardy self. And I just don’t know what to think of it.” Soohyun said, moving into the kitchen, opening the fridge and pulling out a drink. Kiseop raised his eye brow, blinking.

“So he was starting to open up to you?” Kiseop asked, jumping up on the counter, shimmying over to where Soohyun was standing.

“Yes…I mean it’s not like he was telling me things about his past or anything, he was just acting more…umm…kind?” Soohyun turned to look at his friend.

“Well maybe he just got scared.” Kiseop said with a smile. “He’s probably trying to hide his feelings for you because he thinks that you don’t like him. I mean you are the school’s number one player. You have girls around you all the time.”

“You think that’s it?” Soohyun asked. Kiseop nodded.

“You walk around with girls dripping from your arms. He’s probably thinking you’re the straightest person in the world, and that a guy liking you might disgust you.” Kiseop grabbed at the drink in Soohyun’s hands, taking it away, gulping down the rest. Soohyun glared playfully at his friend but smiled.

“So, what you’re saying is. I should still go for it?” Soohyun asked, his eyes lighting up ever so slightly.

“Mhm.” Kiseop grinned. “You can’t give up now. You haven’t even told him what’s going on with you. You’re letting his mind run with these crazy fantasies that are far from the truth.”
“So what should I do? I can’t just tell him. He won’t believe me. He’ll think I’m just playing some weird prank on him or something. I know he would. That’s how Hoonmin works.” Soohyun said.

“Well, you could start by not hanging around so many girls at school, and once that’s accomplished you’ll have to stop hanging around me so much, because he might get the wrong idea about us.” Kiseop said, biting his lip. Though the first part of the plan was purely for Soohyun’s benefit, the second part was more for him. He needed to separate himself from Soohyun so Kevin would see that they were nothing but friends.

“Are you sure that second part is for me, and not to convince Kevin of something?” Soohyun teased, poking his friend’s shoulder, smirking.

“Yah! Hyung!” Kiseop pouted, knowing his friend could see right through him.

“I knew it!” He laughed poking his friend’s cheek.

“Why are you so mean to me?” Kiseop asked, laughing.

“Because it’s so easy to be.” Soohyun smirked, walking out of the kitchen.

“You better get going though, my mom could be home any minute and I’m still grounded.” Soohyun said, walking towards his bedroom.

“Fine fine. I’ll see you tomorrow at school Hyung.” Kiseop said, waving before rushing out of his friend’s house. Soohyun sighed, leaning up against the wall of his bedroom, watching as his friend left. Though Kiseop had helped, he was still so confused about everything.

He had spent the past two weeks trying to sort everything out. All the afternoons that he spent studying with Hoon, he honestly hadn’t been paying attention. Having Hoonmin be his tutor was turning out to be a very bad idea. In face his grades were getting worse. Especially his math grade. Every time Hoonmin would lean in close, Soohyun would catch his breath, trying his best not to pounce on the other. He could sometimes feel Hoonmin’s warm breath on his already hot skin, sending shivers through his body, and making goose bumps form everywhere. When Hoonmin would speak in English, it was also so adorable. His voice would go deeper as he pronounced each word perfectly, even with a heavy Korean accent.

They would stop studying, and Hoonmin would let Soohyun play soccer, though Soohyun began using it as an excuse to just talk. He never got much out of the male, but anything was better then nothing, and it sure was better than just having Hoonmin talk about math or English. He was trying his best to get Hoonmin to open up to him, tell Soohyun about everything. But one day, Hoonmin just closed up again. He no longer got close to Soohyun again. They stopped going to Hoonmin’s home to study, just staying in the school’s study hall. Hoonmin would be on the other side of the table, and he no longer seemed interested in helping Soohyun whats-so-ever. They were back to square one, and Soohyun had no idea how to move forward.  

Author's Note: Finally a new chapter! Sorry guys, I'm working on all my other stories, plus school work so updates will be slow :/

Oh hey look!

Comment replies :D

@Incomplete-Synopsis: Thank you so much!

@Weby921: Thank you!

@xDancerxInxThexDarkx: You have no idea how happy you made me with your comment. Thank you so much!

@Raemii: Don't worry, things will get better for Hoonie x3

@Nickisaywhut: I know, but it was Soohyun's real life so :/ Mianhae...

@Dianta: Me too! And I will! x3

 @