Date?

Why Did I Turn on this Love Show?

Kevin had been wondering around the school, trying to find his best friend. He knew Hoonmin had a tutoring session, but for some reason he wasn’t in the school anywhere.

“Maybe they went to Hoon’s house again…” Kevin mumbled to himself, biting at his bottom lip. The boy ran his fingers through his hair, falling onto a bench outside of the study hall. He flipped open his phone seeing no missed calls.

“With Hoon always so busy I feel so lonely.” Kevin pouted at his phone. It was true, he usually always spent his time with Hoonmin, but since he started helping Soohyun, Hoonmin has started to ignore Kevin. Kevin huffed, rubbing his face with his hands, closing his eyes. His head snapped up when he felt someone sitting down next to him. He looked up, his eyes falling on a tall, slightly muscular boy, with red hair. Kevin gasped slightly, biting his bottom lip.

“H-hello…” Kevin whispered. The male smiled, making Kevin’s heart skip a beat.

“Hello Kevin.” Kiseop said with glee. Kevin gulped, looking down quickly from the boys face.

“W-why are you here?” Kevin asked, he was still nervous. The object of his dreams was sitting right beside him. The boy he’s loved for years was so close to him.

“Well I was looking for Soohyun, but I guess I stumbled on a Kevin.” He said with a chuckle.

“I think…Soohyun and Hoon went to Hoon’s house to study…that’s what they did yesterday…” Kevin mumbled, his cheeks were red now, and he was still refusing to look up at the other boy.

“Well then, I guess that just leaves you and me.” Kiseop said, his smile staying.

“What do you mean…?” Kevin asked.

“Well, I figured if Soohyun and Hoonmin could be friends, why not us?” He said, poking the boy’s side. Kevin let out a small squeak, wiggling under the touch. He finally turned his gaze up to the other.

“You think Hoon and Soohyun are friends…?” Kevin asked.

“Oh hey, there’s your beautiful face.” Kevin blushed at Kiseop’s compliment. “Well yeah I do think that they’re at least becoming friends.” He said, looking down at Kevin. “Why do you think they’re not getting closer?” Kiseop asked. Kevin bit his lip, looking down.

“Well, I don’t know…I guess…maybe…” He gnawed at his lip. Kiseop laughed shaking his head.

“Oh Kevin. Hey come on let’s go get some ice cream. I’m hungry.” Kiseop grinned, getting up, grabbing Kevin’s hand and dragging him out of the school. Kevin gasped, his legs struggling to keep up with the soccer player’s pace.

“S-Slow down!” Kevin whined. Kiseop sighed slowing down a bit.

“Sorry I forgot you’re not much of a runner…”

“I’m not good at any sport…” Kevin whispered, taking a big leap so he was now by Kiseop’s side and not being dragged. Kiseop realized their hands were still together, quickly pulling his hand away from the others, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks.

“So what ice cream flavor do you like?” Kiseop asked, hoping to defuse the awkward situation.

“Strawberry…well I like anything strawberry really…” Kevin said.

“Strawberry huh? I’ll have to remember that.” Kiseop said, nudging Kevin gently with his shoulder. Kevin stumbled slightly, looking back up at the male.

“What was that for?” He pouted. Kiseop grinned.

“Well I was just being friendly. Come on I didn’t know you were so weak.” Kiseop smiled.

“I am not weak! You just surprised me is all…” Kevin grumbled. Kiseop smiled taking Kevin’s hand again, walking into the ice cream parlor. Kevin blushed following after the boy slightly. He looked around at the costumers in the parlor, no one was watching them, good. He looked up at the other, pulling his hand back slightly. Kiseop stopped looking at all the ice creams to look back at Kevin, an eye brow raised.

“Everything ok?” He asked. Kevin nodded.

“I just…I wanted my hand back…’ He said lamely. Kiseop looked at the boy confused but shook it over, going back to look up at the ice cream flavors. He turned up to look at the female worker behind the counter, giving her a smile. The girl blushed slightly.

“Can I help you?” She said, her tone was smooth but you could tell she was nervous. Kiseop chuckled slightly.

“One strawberry sherbet, and one orange crème one.” He said, holding up his fingers. The girl behind the case nodded, quickly making up the ice cream for the two. Kiseop took the ice cream, bowing and winking before walking over to a free table, sitting down. Kevin glared at the girl slightly before following over to the other, sitting across from him on the small table. He took his ice cream, lapping at it quickly. Kiseop looked up from his ice cream to watch the other, chuckling slightly.

“Has anyone ever told you, you look like a cat?” He said with a smile.

“A cat…? Umm…no…no one…” Kevin’s cheeks turned the same shade as his pink ice cream. Kiseop laughed.

“Well you do, and it’s cute.” He said with a smile. Kiseop’s phone vibrated in his pant pocket. He put his ice cream down, pulling out his phone.
“Oh it’s Soohyun.” He said, blinking putting the phone up to his ear.

“Yeobosseyo?” He asked, biting onto his spoon. Kiseop blinked listening for a while. Kevin watched the other, his face blushing darkly. The other was so cute, no wonder he was an ulzzang model. His face was perfect, free of any sort of blemishes, so round, always smiling, his round eyes always shining. He had been staring so long he didn’t notice that Kiseop had put his phone away and was staring back. Kiseop turned his head to the side, trying to follow Kevin’s gaze, smiling softly.

“Kevin?” He asked, reaching over to poke the other’s forehead gently. Kevin blinked, following Kiseop’s finger.

“Um..sorry…” He blushed, looking down at his ice cream. Kiseop laughed, shaking his head.

“It’s ok. Soohyun said he needed me to meet up with him by his house. Is that ok if I leave?” Kiseop asked. Kevin nodded, looking down.

“Um, yeah. I was going to go to Hoon’s house anyways…” Kevin mumbled.

“Cool thanks Kev.” Kiseop said getting up quickly, tousling the other’s hair before running out of the ice cream parlor. Kevin frowned, moving his hand up slowly to fix his now messy hair. He groaned hitting his head on the table repeatedly.

“God Kevin you’re such an idiot! How could you think he was even into you?” Kevin frowned getting up, grabbing his ice cream tossing it in the trash. He walked down to the bus stop, sitting down on the bench waiting. He watched as couples walked by, holding hands, laughing. He frowned, glaring slightly. Couples. They made him sick. How happy they were, not caring about the other people who weren’t as lucky as them. He felt tears threatening to fall from his eyes, but swallowed them back quickly getting on the bus. He sat down in a seat in the back, his head leaning against the cold window. He sighed, watching out at the passing windows. He was fooling himself. Why would some one as amazing and perfect as Kiseop, like someone as plain as Kevin. His brain was wondering the whole trip, because of his intense thinking he almost missed his stop. But he got up quickly running off the bus. He rushed up to the brick gate that was the opening to Hoonmin’s home. He typed in the code, running down the long drive way. He gasped for breath, knocking on the door quickly, leaning against it to catch his breath. Hoonmin yawned, getting up from the couch, walking over, opening the door. He backed up when Kevin stumbled in backwards almost falling over. Hoonmin let out a small chuckle as his friend franticly tore off his shoes, running into the kitchen.

“Kevin, you have a key.” He said, walking over to his friend who was now throwing himself practically into the freezer.

“I know…out of breath…” He managed, trying to cool himself down. Hoonmin raised an eye brow, cocking his head to the side slightly.

“Kevin why did you run?” He asked, walking over to his friend. Kevin sighed, pushing the freezer door shut.

“I just wanted to get here…” He mumbled.

“Ok what happened?” Hoonmin asked, leaning up against the counter.

“Well, I went looking for you today, and Kiseop found me…he said he had been looking for Soohyun…but then he took me out and bought me ice cream. And then he gets one call from Soohyun and leaves!” Kevin threw his hands up in the air, pouting. Hoonmin shook his head chuckling.

“Ever thought that maybe Kiseop likes Soohyun?” Hoonmin asked.

“You think so?” Kevin frowned.

“They’re always together, I mean they’re worse then us, especially when it comes to skinships so, it’s a bit obvious.” Hoonmin said with a shrug.

“No Hoon! It can’t be true.” Kevin whimpered.

“Yah, Kevin calm down. I know it’s not true.” Hoonmin laughed, poking his friends cheek. Kevin glared up at the other.

“Why’d you do that?!” He pouted.

“Because, I like making you mad?” Hoonmin grinned evily.

“You know it’s reasons like this that I’m your only friend.” Kevin said, walking into the living room.

“Now that’s just mean.” Hoonmin said, following his friend slowly.

“But true.” Kevin flopped onto the couch, leaning back.

“Look I think that maybe Kiseop might actually like you.” Hoonmin said, looking over at his friend.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean Soohyun asked me if you were single, and then he said, ‘Good, Kiseop will be happy to know that’” he said, looking down at his hands.
“Really??” Kevin sat up looking over to his friend, his eyes wide.

“Yes really. Why would I lie to you about this Kevin?” Hoonmin said, raising an eye brow.

“I don’t know…” Kevin mumbled, looking down.
“See? Now stop worrying.”

Kevin huffed, puffing out his cheeks. He quickly when back to normal, looking at his friend.

“So did you do what I told you to? The love letter thing?” Kevin asked. Hoonmin shook his head.

“No. Why would I? I mean I think I was just feeling to much into the moment at the time. I don’t need to write one. I’m not in love with Soohyun. I still hate him, and I always will.” Hoon stated. Kevin looked at his friend confused.

“What happened to change your mind? Did Soohyun do something wrong?!” Kevin was now worried about his friend.

“He didn’t do anything. I just came to my senses.” Hoon shrugged, looking up, frowning.

“Hoon, you didn’t…”

“No Kevin, I didn’t. I know what you’re thinking, and I didn’t do it. So stop looking at me like that.”
“But you only look and act like this after…”
“Do you want me to strip for you and show you I didn’t?” Hoonmin glared slightly.

“No…” Kevin sighed. “I just worried…you know what the doctor said…at any moment you could snap back into your depression. And I’m worried this whole Soohyun thing might be what breaks you…”

“Well stop worrying! I don’t need you to worry about me ok?” Hoonmin snapped, getting up walking to his bed room.

“Now get out. I have some studying to do.” Hoonmin said before slamming closed the door to his bedroom. Kevin sighed getting up from the couch looking off in the direction of his friend’s room.

“I wish you would stop lying to yourself…” He said before walking out of the house.