Hoonmin

Why Did I Turn on this Love Show?

It had been a week since Hoonmin had started tutoring Soohyun, and the strange way Soohyun had been acting at these sessions was driving Hoonmin crazy. All he wanted to do was take the boy’s shoulders and shake him into paying attention. But Hoonmin knew that would probably only win him a punch in the face.

Hoonmin walked beside the soccer player, reading him sentences out in English, trying to get the male to repeat what he said. Today they would be studying at Hoonmin’s home. Hoonmin figured a more relaxed area would help Soohyun focus better, plus it was a chance to show his parents that he might actually talk to other people his age, well other then Kevin.

“I would like a hamburger please.” Hoonmin said in clear, perfect English. Soohyun wrinkled his nose, but sighed.

“I would like hamburger please.” He said, his voice still clinging to his thick Korean accent.

“Ani, ‘A hamburger’” Hoonmin said, looking up at the older boy.

“I would like A hamburger please.” Soohyun rolled his eyes. “There.” He glared. Hoonmin frowned, closing the English book.

“You’re still barely passing English Soohyun. And I know it’s only been a week but you haven’t improved at all.” Hoonmin stated, frowning up at the older.

“I can’t just learn English in a week!” Soohyun threw his hands up in the air.

“You’ve been learning English since first grade you idiot. You should be better at it by now.” Hoonmin frowned.

“Hey watch it geek! Just because you’re my tutor doesn’t mean I won’t still hurt you.” Soohyun hissed, leaning down closer to the boy. Hoonmin rolled his eyes, knowing that Soohyun was only giving him an empty threat. If he was going to do anything to Hoonmin, he would have done it a long time ago.

“Hey we’re here.” Hoonmin said, walking up to a brick wall covered with ivy. Soohyun looked at Hoonmin, confusion in his eyes.

“What? This is it?” He looked around, trying to spot a house anywhere. Hoonmin frowned, walking up to a key pad, pressing in a series of numbers. A section of the wall began to move inward, allowing the boys to walk down the long drive way. Soohyun’s eyes wondered around the large anchorage. The front yard was just like a giant park, only the grass looked like each blade was cut with a pair of scissors. It was perfect, and untouched. Like a painting. Hoonmin walked slowly up the long drive way that seemed to go on for miles. He came around to the garage, looking in one of the windows sighing with relief.

“Good my parents aren’t home.” He said, making his way back over to his student. Soohyun raised an eye brow, his face full of confusion. Hoonmin looked up at the other.

“My parents annoy me. I don’t like it when they’re home.” Hoonmin shrugged, walking up to the front door, putting his key in, pushing open the large wooden door.

“How could you say that? They’re your parents…” Soohyun said, looking down at the floor as he took off his shoes. Hoonmin did the same, walking into the kitchen.

“They always find something to nag me about.” Hoonmin said, grabbing a cup and going to the fridge, pressing the water dispenser down, watching as water filled the glass cup.

“Look I don’t want to talk about family affairs. We’re here to study math and English.” Hoonmin walked into the living room setting down the cup on a coaster, blocking the cup from making a horrid ring on the glass table.

“Fine.” Soohyun said, walking over and sitting down on the couch. Hoonmin rolled his eyes, leaning back on the couch.

“Let me see your math homework.” He stated, holding out his hand impatiently. Soohyun rolled his eyes, handing the papers over to Hoonmin. The younger scrolled through the paper quickly, grabbing out a red pen, beginning to mark almost every problem wrong. Soohyun’s mouth fell open slightly when he saw just how many he had gotten wrong.

“Show me what you did here.” Hoonmin said, pointing to when of the problems that had been marked wrong. Soohyun pulled out a new piece of paper, writing down the original problem before going through the steps out loud. Hoonmin rolled his eyes grabbing the pencil away from the other.

“No you’re not supposed to divide, you multiply. Then you rewrite it like this, then you find the square root of 516, then you…” Hoonmin continued going through the steps of the problem, but Soohyun wasn’t listening. Instead his eyes were focused on how close Hoonmin was to him. There arms touching as they sat next to each other on the couch, their knees brushing together. Soohyun cleared his throat slightly, scooting away only a centimeter. Normally they would never be this close to each other; they always sat across from each other on the circle tables in the school’s study hall. A small blush crept onto his cheeks as he watched the other trying to explain what was happening in the math problem.

“Soohyun. Now you try it.” Hoonmin said, handing the older male the pencil. Soohyun groaned, realizing he should have probably paid attention to the other when he was going over it.

“Um…I wasn’t really listening…” Soohyun admitted. Hoonmin grumbled under his breath, going over the problem one more time.

“Now go and solve it.” He hissed. Soohyun sighed trying the problem again. Hoonmin looked it over, a small smile tugging at his lips.

“Good. Now fix all the others like this. I’ll go get us some food.” Hoonmin said, getting up from the couch. Soohyun let out a long sigh before starting over the problems. Hoonmin walked into the kitchen, looking around in the kitchen for something for them both to eat. He chewed on his bottom lip as he stood in the way of the open fridge, looking at it blankly; unsure of what the other male would want to eat. He never knew Soohyun’s eating choices; he just knew that Soohyun ate a lot to keep up with the harsh soccer schedules. He growled slamming the fridge door shut and moving over to the large pantry. Again he couldn’t think of anything. Finally he just shut the door and walked into the living room.

“I’m going to order sushi. What kind do you want?” Hoonmin asked, grabbing his cell phone. Soohyun looked up at the other shocked.

“Um…well…surprise me.” He chuckled. Hoonmin rolled his eyes walking back into the kitchen finding the number he needed, calling. He ordered the chef special, two of them; he told them his address, before hanging up and walking back into the living room.

“It should be here soon.” Hoonmin said simply. Soohyun sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

“I think I fixed everything.” He said, showing the paper to Hoonmin. Hoonmin took the paper looking over it and nodding.
“Looks like it. Hey, aren’t you skipping practice again today? I mean I know the coach wanted me to tutor you and everything, but that shouldn’t cripple your soccer playing. I have a soccer ball in the garage; you can play out in the front yard. It should be big enough.” Hoonmin said, closing Soohyun’s math book setting it on the coffee table. Soohyun looked at the other surprised.

“You sure?” He asked. Hoonmin nodded getting up.

“Come on.” Hoonmin said, walking down a hall way. Soohyun got up quickly, jogging over to the other, following him down the long hall way to a door that led through to the four car garage on the side of the large estate like home. Hoonmin walked over to the far wall of the garage, digging though one of the many boxes before pulling out a soccer ball. He tossed the soccer ball over to Soohyun. Soohyun kicked the ball with his knee up in the air a few times before finally grabbing a hold of the soccer ball.

“Thanks.” Soohyun gave the boy a small smile, before walking back in through the house out to the front yard. Hoonmin chased after the other, following him outside.

“So when will your parents be home?” Soohyun asked.

“Next week.” Hoonmin said, sitting down on the steps. Soohyun looked back at the other a bit shocked.

“Your parents just leave you for a week and expect you to take care of yourself?” He asked.

“They do this all the time. I’m used to it. And it’s not like I’m by myself all the time. I mean I have the maids, and the driver…” Hoonmin trailed off slightly. Soohyun’s gaze watching the other closely, and making Hoonmin a bit uncomfortable.

“Ok, so I’m alone…” Hoonmin mumbled, “But sometimes Kevin stops by.”

“Kevin? As in Kevin Woo?” Soohyun asked, kicking the ball between his feet, before kicking it up in the air, hitting his head on it, rushing over and catching it with his knee.

“Yeah…He’s been my friend since junior high.” Hoonmin shrugged.

“I never noticed.” Soohyun said sadly, catching the ball in his hands.

“You never pay attention to anything long enough to notice something.” Hoonmin said.

“Watch it Hoonmin.” Soohyun said, though he knew the other was right, he was almost always right when it came to matters on Soohyun. Though they never talked before, it was scary just how much Hoonmin knew about the other. But for some reason he didn’t find it creepy.

“So is Kevin single?” Soohyun asked suddenly. Hoonmin looked up at the other, his eyes wide.

“Um, I think so…” He mumbled, looking down.

“Good, Kiseop will be happy to know that.” Soohyun chuckled. Hoonmin sighed with relief, slouching slightly. Soohyun didn’t like Kevin, thank god.

“Um I think the sushi’s here.” Soohyun said. Hoonmin got up walking over to the brick gate, taking the bag of sushi from the delivery man, handing him the money, bowing slightly before walking back over to Soohyun.

“Here.” He handed the boy a thing of sushi walking back over to the front steps. Soohyun walked over to sit beside the other. He opened up the container, looking at the strange contents inside.

“Um, what is this stuff?” He asked Hoonmin, looking over at the other.

“Have you ever had sushi before Soohyun?” Hoonmin asked. Soohyun shook his head.

“We never had the money…” He said. Hoonmin blinked.

“Oh, I see.” Hoonmin looked down, biting his bottom lip. He grabbed a piece with his hands, shoving it in his mouth before he could even say anything more, not wanting to say something stupid that might upset Soohyun even more. Soohyun looked over at the other, chuckling slightly.

“You have some rice…” he leaned over, using his thumb to brush the rice off from the side of Hoonmin’s lip. Hoonmin blushed as he watched the other’s movements closely.
“Gomawo…” he mumbled, looking down. Soohyun laughed.

“I have made the almighty Hoonmin blush. And here I thought you didn’t feel anything.” Soohyun teased. Hoonmin glared up at the other.

“I have feelings. I just don’t tend to use them often. They’re a waste of time. And plus they take to much energy.” Hoonmin said.

“Wow, way to have a great out look on life.” Soohyun muttered, looking down at his food. Hoonmin glared, shoving more food into his mouth. He knew he had been letting Soohyun get to close to him, and that wasn’t good. He couldn’t let Soohyun know how he felt about the soccer player. No, that was a recipe for disaster. After the boys finished eating, Soohyun gathered his things, leaving Hoonmin alone in his big house. Alone. That’s how Hoonmin liked it. Though there was one pressing matter that he needed to tell his best friend about before it drove him crazy. He grabbed his phone, dialing the familiar number, waiting as the phone seemed to never stop ringing. Finally he heard his friend’s voice on the other end of the line.

“Hoonnie, what’s up?” Kevin asked, pressing the phone between his cheek and his shoulder as he pulled a plate of food out of the microwave.

“Kevin. I’m in love with Soohyun.” Hoonmin stated flatly.

“Love? I didn’t know you even knew the meaning of that word.” Kevin teased.

“Kevin, I’m being serious here.” Hoonmin growled out, walking up to his room.

“Well then maybe you should tell him. I mean you two spend plenty of time together alone. The study sessions would be the best time to confess.” Kevin shrugged his shoulders.

“Kevin, Soohyun is not gay. I don’t want to him to laugh in my face. That would kill me more then me not telling him.”

“Well maybe you should just write a love letter?”
“And what mark it anonymous? Kevin my life isn’t a drama.” Hoonmin snorted.

“No I mean, just write it to get the feelings off your chest. No one ever has to see it.”
“So just write it and then throw it away?”

“Exactly!” Kevin said happily, his friend finally understanding what he was trying to tell him.

“Fine, it might help me. But I doubt it Kev…” Hoonmin sighed heavily, lying down on his bed.

“Kevin have you ever been in love?” He asked.

“Me? Yes. I’ve been in love with the same guy for years. But because I did the whole love letter thing, it doesn’t really bug me anymore. I mean sure I have to see him every day but it doesn’t matter. I got my feelings out, and now seeing him doesn’t hurt as much anymore.”

“Really? You never told me this.” Hoonmin sat up, curious about this new news.

“You never asked.” Kevin said simply. “You never ask about anything really…” Kevin mumbled.

“I know Kevin, I’m a horrible friend I get it.” Hoonmin sighed, running his fingers through his hair. “Look, I got to go take a shower. I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” Hoonmin said before hanging up before Kevin could reply with anything. Hoonmin got up slowly from his bed, walking over to his on suit bathroom, slowly stripping off his clothes. He looked down at his body, sure he was buff, but no one really paid much attention to the nerd. He looked scrawny, but years of tae-kwon-do training made it so he could kick some serious if he really needed to. That’s how he and Kevin met. A tae-kwon-do class, Kevin didn’t really make the cut and quit within the week, but they stayed friends. He traced a small scar crossing his abs, wincing when the memory of what caused it flashed through his mind.

You two never cared about me! Why did you even give birth to me?!

He heard his small voice ring through his head. He had been mad at his parents. They were only around at least once a month at that time, and whenever they were around Hoonmin was pretty much invisible to them. Add that to the constant bullying he was receiving at the time, and Hoonmin because very depressed. He attempted suicide countless times, but each time he would get caught, or it just wouldn’t work. It wasn’t until he discovered tae-kwon-do that he found himself being saved. There people paid attention to him, and there no one picked on him for being small and weak. Soon he became the top student, and was even offered a chance to teach there, but he turned it down. He returned to his normal life at home. The silence in the house no longer bugging him, and when he went to school, no one picked on him after they heard what Hoonmin had been doing in his absence from school. His life was made. And then he stumbled upon Shin Soohyun. The school’s jock and rock star. All the girls loved him, and much to his dismay so did Hoonmin. Every time Hoonmin found Soohyun in the hall way with a new girl every week, hatred replaced his love. But now that horrid feeling was back.

Love.

Even the word sent shivers through Hoonmin. It made him sick.

Author's Note: Yay long chapter! That gives you a quick background story on Hoonmin and all that xD Hope you like it! And I am aware that the picture is of Kevin and Hoon xD