Game, Set, Match

Why Did I Turn on this Love Show?

 

The loud booming noise of thunder shattered the sky, causing the bleachers of the soccer field to shake from the sheer force. Angry storm clouds had formed in what seemed like seconds, covering the once blue sky in a dark foreboding grey. Most people would have been inside, where they were safe from the soon to fall winter rain. However 36 boys, and over 100 by standers were outside, preparing for the soccer game of the year.

 

This game was the one to decide which team was the best in the country. Every year this game was played, and every year the outcome was the same. However this year Yatab High School had two secret weapons. The two players that were sure to lead them to victory.

 

Shin Soohyun, and Lee Kiseop.

 

Both boys were the school's star players. No one could get the ball passed Kiseop if he were the goalie. Soohyun kept the ball in his grasp whenever he was out on the field. Between the two of them the school had yet to loose a soccer game that year. The coach was confident that the winning streak would continue and they would finally win the finals.

 

The two star players were already out on the field, kicking the ball between each other to warm up for the game. The rain had yet to fall but they knew it would be falling any moment. Not that it bugged them, their biggest worry right now was how wet the field would get. Neither of them really fond of having to play drenched in mud. It slowed them down.

 

"Yah; Lee, Shin! Get over here!" Their coach called. Soohyun stopped the ball with his foot, waving Kiseop back over to him. The younger grabbed the ball fromSoohyun and they both made their way over to the rest of the team. They all huddled around the coach as he went over last minute play changes, seeing as how theapposing team knew all of their dried out and used plays. The boys listened intently to the coach's words before he clapped his hands together and shooed them out towards the field. Ten of the boys from each team now littered the field, and with a blow of the coach's whistles the game began.

 

The coach had yet to send out Kiseop and Soohyun, wanting to save their energy for the end of the game, so they could play to their best abilities. Both boys didn't mind just waiting, in fact it was nice not to be starting the game for once. So they used this time to forget about the game, and talk.

 

"So how is he...?" Kiseop asked cautiously, his voice dropping to just barely above a whisper so that only Soohyun could hear him. The older male looked confused at his friend's question before it finally registered into his mind. He let out a long drawn out sigh before twisting his body to face his friend.

 

"He's doing alright. I'm just not used to this side of Hoon. It's weird seeing him act like a little kid...more free. I'm so used to his snarky and sarcastic attitude. I kinda miss it honestly.." Soohyun said, running his fingers through his brown hair, looking down at the bench. Kiseop nodded, biting his bottom lip. He wanted to ask more, seeing as Soohyun had told him barely anything about the events that happened two weeks ago. But the look on his friend's face stopped him from doing so.

 

"How are things with Kevin?" Soohyun asked suddenly, throwing Kiseop off guard for a moment. Pink dusted over Kiseop's cheeks and he quickly turned away from his friend, biting his bottom lip as he tried to fight back a smile. His friend's reaction made Soohyun laugh, which only caused the pink on Kiseop's cheeks to turn to a bright red.

 

"Good." Kiseop finally said. "He promised me that if we win this game we could finally go all the way."

 

"So that's why you've been training so much more." Soohyun teased, nudging the redhead's shoulder playfully. Kiseop looked at his friend with a glare, pushing him away. Just as he was about to yell at Soohyun for how stupid he was being, both boys heard their names being shouted. They turned to face the crowd of people with curious eyes, trying to figure out just who had called their names.

 

A large grin spread on Soohyun's lips when he saw the familiar brunette hair of his boyfriend. Beside the grinning Hoonmin was Kevin who had his arm linked withHoon's. Both boys had scarfs around their necks, and large puffy jackets to protect them from harsh winter wind. Neither Soohyun nor Kiseop had expected their boyfriend's to show up, and seeing them actually risking their health to watch the two play soccer warmed their hearts.

 

Now more than ever, they were determined to win.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

By halftime the storm had finally begun. Rain fell fast and hard, stinging as it slammed onto the players. Soohyun had been called out to play when one of his team mates had slipped and twisted his ankle. It seemed like the rain was on the other team's side, because by the final play of the second half, four players had been injured.

 

Even with Soohyun on the field, things were looking grim. The opposing team had one goal, while they still hadn't scored at all. Soohyun wasn't sure how they were going to win. Yes he was the star player, but the other team had someone better than him. Kim Junsu. Junsu had already got the ball away from Soohyun, and passed Kiseop. Now both boys were feeling hopeless.

 

As time ticked by, getting closer to the end, Soohyun rushed down the field towards the other team. They had the ball and were closing in towards Kiseop fast. He had to stop them. He had to get at least one goal. He slammed into he sides of other players, sending them to the ground, and finally he was in front of Junsu.

 

The two stood, glaring daggers at each other before Soohyun faked right, stealing the ball away. He kicked the ball far a head of him, rushing to it before even his own team members could get to it. This was it. To Soohyun there was no rain, there were no other players. It was just him and the goalie. With one final kick the game would be decided.

 

He took a deep breath, kicking the ball and sending it into the air. The force of the kick sent Soohyun falling to the ground, and he threw his hands out, hoping they would catch him before he face planted into the mud. He looked up through hair matted with mud and rain to see the ball slamming into the net, and the goalie throwing his gloves down to the ground in a fit of rage.

 

A tie.

 

Kiseop had rushed from his goalie net, to get a better few of the final goal. When the ball slipped past the goalie's fingers the whole shouted in victory and rushed to Soohyun's side. Before the brunette had time to register what was happening he was being lifted into the air by his team members and they were chanting his name. He looked down to Kiseop who looked up at his friend and grinned, giving him a thumbs up.

 

It may not have been an official victory, but for the first time, they hadn't lost the finals.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 
Author's Note: FILLER CHAPTER. OH GOD I AM SORRY FOR THIS CRAP. Please forgive me for this horrible thing.
But I figured a chapter of nothing and random soccer would be nice before I make you all hate me again.
FORGIVE ME. AND YES I KNOW THE PICTURE HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. IT'S JUST KEVIN KISEOP HOON AND SOOHYUN ALL BEING IDIOTS.