The Tutor

Why Did I Turn on this Love Show?

“Shin Soohyun, please report to the principal’s office, Shin Soohyun to the principal’s office.” A monotone female voice rang over the loud speaker. The hole of the class all turned to look at the male in the back of the room. His light brown hair covering part of his face, the palm of his hand being the perfect resting place for his cheek as he stared out the window, all the students watched as he didn’t do anything; all but one, who still had his nose buried in his text book, mumbling incoherent sentences in English to himself. Soohyun tore his dark brown eyes away from the bleak snowy scene outside, to the students all watching him. The teacher had stopped talking, clearing .

“Soohyun, you better get to the principal’s office.” The teacher said meekly. Soohyun grumbled something under his breath before placing both hands on his desk, pushing himself up and moving his hands to his pockets before walking out of the classroom. Once he left the class returned their attention to the front of the room, the teacher starting her lecture once more. Soohyun walked through the empty halls of his high school yawning. This was only Monday, and here he is walking to the principal’s office. He wasn’t even sure what he had done wrong, his mind not being able to come up with any reason what-so-ever as to why he would be called away. He pushed aside the glass door, bowing 90 degrees to the young woman at the front desk. The woman gave him a weak smile before motioning to the door to his coach’s office instead. His brows furrowed in curiosity as he walked over, taking a deep breath and pushing open the door. His coach looked up to him, a smile on his lips.

“Ah, Shin Soohyun! My star player! There you are!” He said happily, getting up from behind his desk, walking over to pat his favourite player on the back. Soohyun smirked as he sat down on the chair, opposite of his coach. The coach’s smile faded as he looked over at Soohyun.

“I want you to get a tutor Shin.” He coach said, leaning up from the desk his eyes serious. Soohyun scoffed, looking up at his coach.

“I don’t need a tutor, Sir.” Soohyun emphasized the word with annoyance. His coach snorted in response, sitting back into his chair. He rubbed his temples trying to calm his anger.

“Yes, Soohyun, you do.” He cleared his throat. “Your grades are slipping from your C average, and you and I both know what happens if you even get one D.” He coach looked up at the apathetic teen in front of him.

“Fine!” Soohyun hissed. The idea of having to have to deal with one of the school nerds annoyed him to no end, but he wasn’t going to give up being a soccer star just to have more convenience in his life. Soccer and his band, that’s all he had in this world. The coach’s face turned into a smile when his student agreed, but his eyes moved from his student to the door as it opened slowly. A small boy with brown hair entered, his eyes down at the ground.

“Ah Hoonmin, there you are.”  Soohyun’s eyes moved from his coach’s face to see just who had entered the room. His jaw fell open slightly upon seeing the thin boy.

“Please take a seat.” His coach said happily, guiding the other male to the seat beside Soohyun. Hoonmin looked up from behind his fringe, though Soohyun couldn’t see it, he could feel the death glare that the younger male was giving him.

“Coach! You’re kidding me! Hoonmin can’t tutor me!” Soohyun protested. He coach glared at Soohyun.

“And why not?” The coach raised an eye brow in curiosity.

“Because the kid hates me! He’ll probably give me all the wrong information on purpose!” Soohyun whined. Hoonmin scoffed hearing what the older had to say, before looking up, finally looking Soohyun in the eyes.

“I would never do that Soohyun. I may hate you, but I’m far from stupid. I know what would happen to me if I were to deliberately make you fail. I would be beaten and pounded down to the ground and maybe even killed, all because I would make the school loose their precious soccer champ.” He said, his words, though sincere, were dripping with venom, and hate.

“See there you go!” His coach said, ignoring the hate in Hoonmin’s words. Soohyun let out a low grumble, looking anywhere in the room, other than the male in beside him. The coach cleared his throat, trying to break the tension in the air.

“Anyways, I want this to start as soon as possible, the indoor soccer season begins in a month, and Soohyun’s grades must be all at least C+’s by then.” The coach said, his hands folding on top of the desk. Hoonmin nodded, Soohyun nodded and both boy’s got up to leave.

“I’ll be checking in now and then to see how things are going. Hoonmin! You better not fail me!” The teacher made his hand into a fist, smiling. Hoonmin managed a smile, bowing his head as he walked out. As soon as the boys were both on their way back to class, Hoonmin spoke.

“Don’t expect this to turn us into friends got it? As soon as this whole experience is over, I don’t ever want to speak to you again.”

“Back at cha nerd.” Soohyun said, opening the door to the classroom, making his way back to his seat. A tutor? I can’t believe it, how am I supposed to explain this to the guys? Soohyun thought to him, turning his attention back to the bleak snow outside. This was going to kill him.

Hoonmin made his way to seat right in front of the soccer player, quickly grabbing his text book, opening it to where he had stopped. He read over the English text with ease, having been fluent in the language since 5thgrade. This class bored him, he found no real new information from it, nor was the teacher even worthy of actually teaching the class. If he had his choice he would have skipped high school completely and gone on straight to college. However his parents had wanted him to have the true high school experience, saying that he was in dire need of a serious attitude change towards humans. Hoonmin didn’t hate everybody, he just hated everybody his age, preferring to spend his time with his father’s collogues, making him a very strange teenager.

 Author's Note: Yayyy! SooHoon! :D I'm excited I finally got an idea for this story. Anyways I hope you all like it! :D