Joah

Kai & Luhan Songfics Collection

a/n: this one's mine! :p <3

---

 

Luhan hurried his feet to his locker with worry glances, pale hands carelessly shoving Math and taking out a novel for tomorrow’s literature homework. Just when he was about to shut his locker, that annoying voice made way to his ears.

Oh baby~ I like you so much that you’re driving me crazy~

The annoying Kim Jongin just had to lean his shoulder coolly onto the locker next to Luhan’s. Which belongs to Kim Jongin himself. Luhan groaned and stuffed his pinkish head into his locker, on top of the Math book he just shoved seconds ago.

Just thinking of you makes me feel good, feel good, feel good na na na na na~

Luhan stomped his feet; feeling annoyed by the serenade, before he snapped his head out of his locker and glare at the freshman. “Shut“ he bammed his locker close, ”Up”

The younger only grinned so widely that it made Luhan’s right eye twitched before he continued the song.

This feeling~ only you can make me have this feeling~ I want to feel it till I die, stay next to me, I can take care of you~

The older only sighed and hit his forehead with the novel before starting to walk home. With Kim Jongin tailing him, still with the stupid song until Luhan bammed the door of his house on his stupid face.

“See you tomorrow baby!” shouted Kim Jongin before he made disgusting kissy face on the door hole Luhan was peeking through. Luhan shrieked and ran away to his room while Jongin chuckled and starting to walk home with light steps.

 

It started two weeks ago, when Kim Jongin was in the library, fingers searching a certain title his teacher told through the rack. He didn’t expect to be eye to eye with a bright brown eye when he picked the book out. Luhan’s eye. That moment, Kim Jongin felt like the spring just bloomed in his heart and colorful butterflies dancing inside his stomach. Luhan gave a small smile and nod to him before turning his back but Jongin reacted fast to call him first.

“H-hey!”

“…yes?” Luhan turned his eyes back to the caller.

“What’s your name?”

“...It’s Lu Han. Just Luhan”

“Luhan…” Jongin grinned, the name felt so nice rolling on his tongue, “I like you, Luhan!” he voiced in between the books on the rack.

Luhan didn’t know what to do at the bold confession, so he just stood there with a dumbstruck face. Jongin ran rounding the rack of books to Luhan’s side, so fast that Luhan gasped when he felt hands gripping his shoulder firmly.

“I like you, Luhan!” he repeated, happy grin still on his face.

“…I-I’m sorry??” just then the bell rang, and Jongin remembered he had to go to his next class for a quiz.

“Ah! I’m sorry I have an English quiz, I gotta go!” he half ran to the library’s door but suddenly stopped and turned his face to Luhan, “My name’s Kim Jongin! And I like you! See you later, Luhan!” then he dashed out, earning a scold from Mr.Lee for shouting and running inside the library.

Luhan figured out that Kim Jongin was a freshman and a new kid in town. He simply shrugged off the confession in the library before and munched on his sandwich. Then he felt someone sat next to him, thinking that it was only Yixing or Baekhyun but he was wrong. It was the Kim Jongin from the library.

“Uh…What are you doing?” Luhan asked hesitately.

“Eating my lunch with you, of course” he flashed a smile.

“W-why? Don’t you have any friends to eat lunch with--”

“Luhan~” Jongin cut him, “I told you I like you, didn’t I?” he chuckled and slurped his banana milk. “Hmm oh~ this is good! What you have for lunch, Lu? Beef sandwich? I have macaroni cheese!”

‘Did he just call me Lu? Who did he think he is this little--‘

“By the way, which class are you? I haven’t see you during the orientation week”

‘And he thinks I’m a freshman!’ Luhan bit the inside of his cheek.

“I’m a senior, of course you won’t see me during the orientation week”

“Oh wow you skipped grades? My first love is an Einstein!” Luhan balled his fist hearing what Jongin said, though his face was as pink as his hair because of the ‘my first love’ part.

“Excuse me, I am not an Einstein and I am almost twenty three

“……….Oh”

‘Hah! Now get lost before I--’

“You’re really beautiful, Luhan hyung”

Luhan’s face was a shade deeper than his hair color.

And then there was this singer with tattoos all over his arms but wrote cheesy lyrics who just released his newest song and Kim Jongin just had to be one of his fans and downloaded his song ‘Joah’ and decided to serenade it to Luhan the very next day.

 

“Stupid Jongin with his stupid Usher lips ugh”

Luhan mumbled as he underlines a sentence in the novel he was reading, unconsciously humming ‘Joah’ only to groaned frustratedly the next second he realized what tune it was. He was already used to Jongin singing it to him every single day and now the annoying song stucked in his head.

 

There was a Sunday noon when Luhan was lining up for a bubble tea with his cousin. And Kim Jongin appeared out of nowhere.

I will always look at only you~ without knowing I just start laughing oh baby baby baby baby~ I want to shout out loudly, I like you~ I like everything about you from your head to your toes~

His cousin stared confusedly back and forth to Jongin and Luhan. Then Luhan just dragged his cousin’s arm out of the bubble tea queue.

“Wait, hyung! My bubble tea!”

“You get your bubble tea, Sehun. I’m going home” he let go of Sehun’s arm and started to walk home.

“W-what? Why? Yah!” he shouted to Luhan then felt a nudge on his shoulder.

“What flavor does Luhan like? The bubble tea, I mean”

“Choco-almond” Sehun looked at him with a judging look, “…who are you?”

“I’m Kim Jongin, Luhan’s soon to be boyfriend!” he grinned as he ordered two choco-almond bubble teas which he sticked a love note to then gave one to Sehun to give it to Luhan before he dashed off to the dance studio and slurped his drink, leaving a confused Sehun reading a note attached to the bubble tea:

Even each of your small actions I like it all, I like everything about you

If I’m with you I’m happy

The more time passes, the more I like you

I need you

I pray that I can be with you every day

I can live happily with only you

 

It was another day when Jongin walk Luhan home, but this time Jongin decided to actually speak.

“Come on, Luhan hyung~ I’ve been chasing you since your hair’s pink then washed out to silver! Why won’t you just like me baaack?” Jongin whined and pouted childishly. Luhan cringed.

“It’s not that I don’t like you okay! But I--”

“So you do like me!” Jongin cheered.

“N-no, I mean..err”

“Luhan hyung is so cute when he’s blushing” Jongin chuckled and poked Luhan’s cheek.

“D-don’t do that!”

“But you’re so cuuute! My sweet Luhan~” he pinched both of Luhan’s red cheeks, “Tell me, hyung. Why are you annoyed if you like me too?” Jongin smiled lovingly and stared into those bright brown orbs he fell in love to.

“Hmm~ how about this? I’ll dance to Joah for you” he said before Luhan even had the chance to answer his question.

“W-what? Now? Right h-here?”

Luhan looked around the street, not crowded but still there were enough people to watch. Jongin nodded firmly and started to move his body when the song played from his ipod. Luhan just stood there and watched, amazed by how Kim Jongin danced. And it was for him. Luhan blushed more at the thought.

 

Ay boy, if I’m with you each day is special

Stay with me forever and ever baby please

And boy, even if we’re not meant to be

It’s you without question

You know that I got you

You know that I love you

I’ll always be with you baby

 

I don’t ever want to be apart

Even when I’m looking at you, I miss you

Always be by my side, my boy

I want you and I need you

Don’t ever ever leave my side

 

“So…” Jongin panted as he finished his dance, “Will you be my boyfriend, Luhan?”

Luhan felt a big smile creeping on his face, his deer-like eyes gleamed with happy tears as he walked toward Jongin and hooked his arms around the younger’s neck.

“That’s why I’m annoyed you little brat, you haven’t asked me out, only chasing me everywhere I go and serenade me with that annoying song and you look so annoying right now Kim Jongin”

Jongin was the one who got dumbstruck now, but not too long before he grinned that usual grin of his that annoyed Luhan.

“I like you, Luhan” Jongin brought Luhan closer by his waist and attached their foreheads.

Luhan smiled, “I like you too, Kim Jongin”

“Kiss me?” Jongin chuckled as Luhan blushed.

But he tip toed and pecked Jongin’s Usher lips anyway.