Speak Now

Kai & Luhan Songfics Collection

"Yixing listen...I am not the kind of man who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion, okay?"

"But he is not the kind of boy who should be marrying the wrong girl, Luhan..."

 

One sentence from Yixing to Luhan to take a deep breath before dashing out to the wedding. Kim Jongin's wedding. In his ripped jeans and a red varsity he got from Jongin's 19th birthday. His head and heart are throbbing painfully.

 

"Screw my hair! It's better than Chanyeol's anyway"

Luhan mumbles as he takes a right turn before the traffic light. He can see the ice-cream parlor they used to go in the corner of his eyes, missing his favorite parfait he ate with Jongin.

'The ice-cream ing melt in my mouth and the caramel syroup just burst in and Luhan! this is not the right time to get an ice-creamgasm!' 

He speeds up and almost kick a stray puppy but luckily he jumps and 'Dammit! That hurts!' 

Ignoring the twitch on his left ankle, Luhan dodge people in his way with airy breath. He doesn't even realize he's speaking in his mother tongue to pass through the crowd.

"请问!! 让我通过!!"

 

He can finally see the church's gate. It is decored by red roses; the flower Jongin hates the most because he once got a rose's thorn inside his little thumb. Luhan snickers as he pass the gate and into the church. He sneaks in and see Jongin's friends, some of his and a lot of the bride's friend-because-of-money. And her snotty little family, all dressed in pastel.

Luhan grabs a random flower bouquet to hide his face then walks in further to the make-up room. He can hear her yelling at a bridesmaid and peekes inside.

'What the hell is she wearing oh my God, hello there Korean GaGa! Am I in the wrong building or what because she looks like she's wearing a cupcake costume psh even I can pull it better!'

Out of nowhere, his arm is yanked away and drags him to a corner.

' ! ................Oh, it's just Jongin's brother'

"Do you want me to die because of heartache, Kim Jongdae?!!" Luhan whispered angrily, to which Jongdae replies by an amuse chuckle then he pats Luhan's shoulder.

"Relax, Luhan. I don't want my baby brother to get married to that giant cupcake either" he laughs, "Jongin's in the other room, he's ushering around and won't sit down. My family thought he's nervous because of the wedding but I know he's nervous because he hasn't seen you barge in and take him away from this church" Jongdae grins, "Come sit down and have sandwiches with tea first, you need energy to run fast"

 

Jongdae takes Luhan around, red roses everywhere and he cringes his little pointy nose at the sight. This is not Kim Jongin's wedding, Luhan thought, this is the bride's wedding. Because Jongin once told him he wanted a garden wedding, everything's white and lily and the guests would be less than fifty, chocolate fountain surrounded by small cakes and fruits with little Jongin-Luhan statues on top would be their wedding cake. Instead, Luhan sees a big three layered white wedding cake on display. He looks around before dipping his finger to the side of the cake. Jongdae shakes his head and laughs.

'Ew, butter fondant. This is surely not what you thought it would be..' he sighs, 'Don't worry, Jonginnie! I will save you from this worst wedding ever!'

Then he continues to wander around, the only good thing about this wedding is the cheese and tuna sandwiches on his plate. Even the tea is not his cup of tea. He looks at his phone, thirty minutes until the ceremony starts. Luhan decided to text Jongin some lyrics to give him a teaser of what he will do in the next thirty minutes.

 

To: My Jonginnie <3

Don't say yes, run away now..

I'll meet you when you're out of the church at the back door

Don't wait or say a single vow..

You need to hear me out and they said "speak now"

 

Fond gestures are exchanged and the organ starts to play, a song that sounds like a deathmarch, Luhan thinks. He's hiding behind a red curtain, lucky that no one pays a single attention. Then there she is, floats down the aisle like a pageant queen, looking stupid in a cupcake-like wedding dress.

'Why the hell is she waving like that? Does she think this is a Quenn of Universe show? Psh'

Then he throws his gaze to the man on the end of the red carpeted aisle, handsome as ever in a black tuxedo. Luhan smiles, 'You wish it was me, don't you?'

 

Finally, Luhan hears the preacher say, "Speak now or forever hold your peace.."

There's the silence, there's his last chance. Luhan takes a deep breath before he stands up with shaking hand, but his light brown eyes are firmly looking at the man he loves, Kim Jongin. He grins stupidly happy when Luhan appears from behind the red curtain.

With a cracked "I object!" Luhan walks to where Jongin is standing, hug the younger's neck and tipping his toes to peck him fully on the lips. Jongin smile into the kiss, and all horrified looks are set on them. But they don't give a damn and takes the moment to run out to the back of the church, where Jongdae already parked a car for them and, "Oh my God, Yixing! What are you doing here?!"

"Hey! I'm here with your passports and honeymoon tickets to Hawaii! Is that your way of saying thank you?!"

Luhan crushes him in a koala hug and smooches him on each cheeks. Yixing laughs and hurried them to get inside the car, giving the car key to Jongin and passports and tickets to Luhan.

"I'll call you and Jongdae when we arrived, okay! I love you!"

Luhan waves and smiles widely until his eyes are gone. He closes the window and put on his seat belt when his bestfriend is no longer in sight. He giggles stupidly and looks at Jongin. "I can't believe we're running away from your wedding, Jonginnie~" Jongin smiles, and instead of replying Luhan's words, he sings.

 

"And you say let's run away now~ I'll meet you when I'm out of my tux at the back door~ Baby, I didn't say my vows~ so glad you were around, when they said speak now~"

 

---

a/n: HELLO~~ long time no see T^T i finally had an idea and started writing again huhuhu~ sorry for those who are waiting for meeee and thank you verryyyy much!!! i love you loveliesss <33 /send flying kisses and chocolate candies/