Chapter 2

Love You, Sorry

 

{Chapter 2}

Junsu put on a plain t-shirt and long sporty pant when he had just finished his shower. He rubbed his short thick black hair with a dry towel. Afterwards, he placed his on chair ahead the reading table in his bedroom. He stole few seconds before pulling forward the drawer of the table. Tentatively, he extracted a small box out the drawer and set it on the surface of the table. Next, he opened the box and finally, he took few quite old pictures out of it.

 

They were all the pictures he shot on his own and the whole were taken with Ri In next to him. Sweet-admirable girl with beautiful smile had always showed on her face. Junsu was a bit moved. Each picture recalled him every wonderful moment he had had with Ri in backwards. Those pictures, one of the ripened memories he still kept till now. He had never opened the box in these five years. It was only this time he had courage to do so. His eyes motionless spotted on Ri In’s picture which he yet remembered was shot a day before the accident. The dreadful event which had finished them off and the unwanted episode of his life whereby Ri In had carried away from him unwillingly, leaving him in a deep sorrow with a broken heart.

 

Hence, right after he had done his last semester at high school, he made up his mind to leave for America with his mother, wishing he could get over those pains. Consequently, he had met someone else - someone who had given his hurting heart a mend. And by now, he was grateful having Tae Yeon by his side.

 

Out of sight, Mrs Cha intended to appear in the doorway of the room. “Can I come in?”

 

Junsu tilted his head. “Mom..? Oh..please, come in.” He hid all those pictures quickly away from the view which his mother might see them by chance. “Haven’t you slept yet?” He asked in a spontaneous way, rather nervous her mother would notice the position where he hid the pictures on the off chance.

 

“No, I haven’t.  Just wondering what are you up to this moment.” Mrs Cha stated while taking a sit at the edge of Junsu’s king size bed.

 

“I’m simply getting through some articles here. I’ll go to bed right after I’m done.”

 

“How was the party by the way?” Mrs Cha uttered a question about the party which was arranged by Tae Yeon’s friend and which was he attended in the past few hours ago.

 

“As usual, it was happening. Eating, having drinks and singing. That’s all, mom. If you had come too, you’d have enjoyed there with us.” Junsu made a joke.

 

Mrs Cha chuckled at him. “Yeah..very funny. For your knowledge, I’m already too old to come up at whichever pubs, clubs and something like that. Those all are for young generation like you. I don’t fit to it.”

 

Junsu merely gave a smirk look whilst he devouring the articles, seemed a bit focused.

 

“So..it’s Cheju, ha..?” Mrs Cha spoke out, revealing what might her mind all wonder about these late few days. She stared at Junsu quietly.

 

Junsu dazed for a second. In any case, he got no chance to prevent her mother from learning about the place where he had been instructed to go to for the shooting project company. He turned to take a glimpse at Mrs Cha. “Now..you already knew..?”

 

“Sort of. If I hadn’t got through your file previously, I wouldn’t have taken a note on this by now. Besides, I reckon you’re not going to tell me about this secretive thing if it wasn’t me to discover in the first place, right? Why, Junsu? Why do you have to be such a secretive at this thing? No wonder you never let me know about the project specifically.”

 

“It’s not the case, mom.” Junsu objected.

 

“Then why don’t you tell me you’ll be going to Cheju? Why are you so kind of wanting to hide all these things from me? It’s like you’ve something more to do at that place other than shooting.” Mrs Cha was somehow quite upset. She figured Junsu making an attempt to not let her learn all about the project, about the location he would be going to shoot and of course she felt spoiled at Junsu’s act.

 

“I don’t. It’s just unlikely significant to let you know. As long as you’ve been told that I’m going to Korea, I think it’s all enough for you. What’s more, wherever I go, it shall feel the same. Mom, I’ve no intention to hide this from you. Trust me.” Junsu had his own say, expecting his mother would not have any hesitation at those all project things behind.

 

Mrs Cha poured out a sigh. “Next time no matter what, you should give me details whatever it is. That would be better than having these tentative feelings. I don’t want to bother you either. Then, let’s together be fair. Okay?”

 

“Got it.” Junsu reacted with a relief smile.

 

In a little while, Mrs Cha continued on adding her words, following by a brief soft voice. “Cheju…it’s been a long time ever since we left Korea five years ago. There are lots of recalls and memories, sweet and sad moments. I never forget every single thing and I completely know you do so. Kim Junsu, every single one...are you ready to get there?”

 

“Why did you say that way, mom?” There was a wide smile came up on Junsu’s face. “The all bad things which had taken place in this long run, I’ve already erased them, all of them. That’s one of the reason I didn’t decline the project. No matter what, I’ve to go back there one day and I persuade you, mom, this time shall be better. Every single moment, I’m all set for it. There’s no need to be afraid of.” Junsu was very serene just as he exclaimed his sentiment on going back to Cheju after several years. For sure, he had already regained his strength that neither a thing would get in his line. Overall, he had won over the painful past and had buried all them away of his life.

 

Mrs Cha was contented by Junsu’s utterance. “I’m so glad to hear that, son. It’s been always a correct path to put away all those resentments and have a new breathe. You’ve done that and I’m speechless how proud I am for raising this brave man. You know what? Whenever I hear about Korea, about Cheju…one other thing that has been coming across my mind is—”

 

“I’m over her by now.” Got in Mrs Cha’s line, it seemed to be that Junsu had idea what his mother was about to claim. It was all about his past. “I’ve recovered these few years. Thank god you’ve always been there for my sake.” Sincerely, Junsu vomited his true emotion. In spite of this, he figured as if he had struggled enough making the confession. Surreptitiously, he made an ambiguous face, giving hints whether he was pressing on confessing his uncertain feelings for his mother’s concern or instead, he was being honest to himself.

 

“Plus, you took quite long time to have Tae Yeon relieved for being your wonderful girlfriend and for being inside your heart.” Mrs Cha added up. She expected so much Junsu would always remind that thing which to be included one of the best moment in her son’s new life.

 

Junsu chuckled. He got an idea his mother was making the attempt to bring his future fiancée’s issue in their seemed to be long conversation. For seconds, he was a bit floating in a deep thought.

 

‘It was the first time, mom. The first time in my entire life I was so into someone, falling in love with a girl and all of sudden, she was taken away from me. If you were at my place, what would you do? How could I suppose to heal my aching heart that easy? You know, mom. It’s kind better to have a long time to own someone else instead of standing next to that someone with doubtful-unclear expression of feelings. There are two huge choices and it’s really a big relief I picked the first.’

 

“Junsu, I want to ask you something.” Mrs Cha demanded. “You’re happy with Tae Yeon now. But, I’m kind of curious if you still do have a hope on her?”

 

As a result, Junsu was purely quiet, giving such serene look genuinely at his mother. He believed that ‘her’ in his mother’s question is referred to a girl he had lost, Jang Ri In. Mrs Cha kept waiting for Junsu’s frank answer. To some extent, she wanted to know.

 

“Only a guess, what if you meet her in Cheju? Who knows..” Mrs Cha popped in another approximation speedily.

 

“Impossible. There’s no such thing.” Was that a protestation? Junsu just acted in response.

 

“How come you’re so sure? Know son? Everything’s possible to happen. Despite how strong the love you crave for someone, if there’s no fate between both of you, you remain have this chance of separating. I still bear this quote in mind.” Mrs Cha stopped for a very while right before she kept on having her say. “There’s just one main thing I wish I could set it seriously inside your mind and your heart that someone’s waiting for you here. I’m talking about Tae Yeon. She’s deeply in love with you. It’s not just me but, I’m sure you always know that. Tae Yeon approaches you all the time and she didn’t once give up on you, Junsu. You can see yourself how shine her eyes being with you all this time. If you can’t love her more the way she loves you, don’t turn her down. Don’t hurt her love for you.”

 

Quickly, Junsu left his position and stood exactly infront of his mother. Then he took a sit on perch.  “I’m just going to say…don’t be bothered, mom. There’s no need to be worried either. Even if I’ve to admit the love Tae Yeon has for me even greater than what I have for her, I’ll always be with her and I’m going to love her more.”

 

Mrs Cha patted Junsu’s cheeks. She smiled widely “That’s what I want to have faith in. You two are happy together. As I often say, don’t let the past come in your way. Let’s fade everything in the past away. It didn’t mean anything now on. As a mother, I’m so lucky for being granted such a nice beautiful young lady in my son’s life and I really guarantee she’s the best life partner for you. Trust me, son.” She encouraged Junsu with her undeniable contemplation. So that, she might her mind more calm.

 

Junsu easily gave a brief nod. He was very positive that his mother said the right thing and he would keep that say inside his heart.

 

In fact, all these years Mrs Cha had been bothering whether Junsu decided to be with Tae Yeon in order to console her for having eyes on that girl, or he truly fell for Tae Yeon. Right now, she was likely in ease. She trusted her son had all buried in his old memories and now had great times with Tae Yeon, his fiancée soon to be.

 

“Okay..that’s all for now. It’s late. Have a tight sleep.” Mrs Cha was already up from her sit and was in her way about to leave Junsu behind towards the door.

 

“You too.” Junsu voiced a reply at the meantime.

 

Feeling sure her mother had out of the room, he moved forward gradually then he gained the pictures he intentionally hid beforehand from his mother. No one could detect he still kept the old pictures with Ri In all these five years, even his mother. He only yearned for keeping them himself. Also, he pulled a lighter out of the drawer. Later, Junsu took the pictures along with the lighter on his way out to the balcony aside from his room. He got an empty small vase and he already took hold of those pictures. He stared at those pictures again before hesitantly pressed the lighter down and step by step, every single picture was burned up. At last, Junsu made a decision to not keep those memories any longer. For the last time, he declared to his heart while keeping his eyes intensely on one undergoing-burned picture which soon to be completely an ash.

 

‘It’s over now. Ri In…ahnyong.’

-

-

Li Yin moved her head to the right and then to the left repeatedly while both her eyes shut. Uneasily, she looked as if her sleep was interrupted by something depressed, looked like she caught a vision on bad feature. Deep inside her vision, she witnessed a street. There were some people leisurely had walk and then the vision captured a girl among them. She tried as hard as she could to recognize that girl but, she failed. The image of the girl was very unclear. Seconds later, the girl crossed a road aside from the street, in a hurry when unluckily she was knocked down by a car. Afterwards, she saw too much blood flowing on the surface of the road and people speedily assembled around the corner, watching the tragic accident. Li Yin grew to be in panic. Yet, her eyes did not come up to open. Right after that, she was kind of pushed to get her body up like a shot. Though, her lower body was still covered by a blanket.

 

For a little while, she was in a shock with sweat pouring down from the top of her her head. At this instant, she was in a hotel room by her own. Meanwhile, she relaxed her emotion slowly ahead of pulling off the blanket and taking a glass of water, then she slurped it little by little. She turned up pondering what vision she had got? Who was that girl all of sudden appeared in the vision? And the dreadful accident..what she had to do with that anyway?

 

Perhaps, she just had a terrible vision about her previous accident which caused she could not remember almost of her all past memories? No! She did not crave for recalling all those things. It was enough for what she had got at the present. Those horrible memories...they would always be better way she would not remember either. Enough was enough. Let’s just put the strange nightmare behind. After all, everyone had their own nightmarish dream. It was a normal subject.  Afterwards, she took a deep breath and became strained-less. Li Yin moved her step forward, facing up to the view out of the hotel through the invisible window. How beautiful Seoul was! A relief smile surfaced her lips.

 

‘I need a peace in my heart. I need a place to feel tranquil, pushing away the sad moments in my life. I need all that to keep me in calmness. Korea…here I am. ’

-

-

-

At the counter, Junsu passed his passport for a check and few minutes then, he got his passport back along with a boarding pass. Swiftly, his handphone rang. Junsu answered the phone while sitting on a bunch.

 

“Have you on the board, yet?” It was his mother’s voice on the line. At first, he planned to call her. But, then Mrs Cha gave him a call by herself.

 

“No..there’s no calling yet. Maybe in five to ten minutes later on.” Junsu uttered as he took a glimpse at his watch. It had been 10 p.m.

 

Owwh..by the way, don’t forget to give me a call just when you’ve got there. If here’s not an important function, I’ll be there at the airport to send you, son.”

 

Junsu’s lips came up for a smile. “It’s okay, mom. Not a big deal though.”

 

“Okay then, take care of yourself. I’ve to get off the phone right now.”

 

“Alright. You too take care. I’ll give you a call.”

 

After saying goodbye to one another, Junsu hang up the line. He continued waiting for the call to get on the boarding.

 

“Junsu!!” There was someone crying out his name abruptly. There was a girl along with her handbag rushing towards his spot. She was bit in a hurry.

 

Junsu got up and then happened to identify that girl was Tae Yeon. He was puzzled. What was she doing there?

 

Eventually, Tae Yeon approached ahead of Junsu with her weary look. She must be being tired out, that she was a little breathe-less. “Thank goodness I got you.”

 

Junsu beamed. Seemed feeling hilarious at Tae Yeon’s expression from tiring. “Are you okay?”

 

Tae Yeon took a breathe and slowly let it away. “Now I’m really okay.” She gave out her sweet smile. “I thought I wasn't going to make it. I mean..meeting you here for the last time.”

 

“Why are you here? I’ve told not to come, right?” Junsu said delicately.

 

“Why? Aren’t you pleased with me being here? It sounds you’re hoping that I’m not going to come.” Tae Yeon made a cheerless face, as if she grumbled.

 

“No. It’s not what I meant. It’s been 10 p.m. I don’t want you to be bothered, okay? Besides, it’s going to be late night. Not too safe for you being around at this clock. It’s not that I hope you’d not come.”

 

Tae Yeon frowned. She looked upset and turned around, avoiding to talk to Junsu.

 

“Come on, Tae Yeon-ssi. Don’t be mad. Cheer up.” Junsu tapped Tae Yeon on the shoulders, attempting to soothe the girl. “Smile please…?” He pleaded anyway, tried to screw his face, showing how he craved for Tae Yeon’s sympathy, how he was fancy her to be smiling. Yet, he ended up making his face more lovable.

 

Tae Yeon peeped at Junsu and later on, she chuckled. She beamed at Junsu. Somehow, she was overwhelmed by Junsu’s plea and with that attempt screwing his face, just made Tae Yeon adore him more.

 

“I love you making that cute face.” In another round, Tae Yeon gave a brief tap on both Junsu’s cheeks. “Anyway, do call me whenever you’ve got there. Always send me updates. Don’t you ever have a thinking to forget that. I’m warning you.”

 

Junsu expressed a wide smile. “Yes, maam. I won’t dare to make you upset. No worries.”

 

Tae Yeon felt contented. She was very sure that Junsu would keep his say. She had faith in him. Short after, a calling for passengers to Korea was announced.

 

Junsu shouldered his bag while saying, “The time has come.” He was static facing Tae Yeon.

 

Tae Yeon pouted her lips. “I’m going to lose you for these few weeks. I really expect you could come back soon. No! It has to be sooner.”

 

“I’ll be back when I’m done. It’s not that long while.” Junsu attempted to ease Tae Yeon as he held her arm shortly.

 

“Wait for a sec, do you miss something?” Tae Yeon asked unexpectedly.

 

“Well..I think I’ve all ready.” Meantime, Junsu ensured his passport and ticket. “No, they’re all here. I don’t think I miss one.”

 

“A big really?” Tae Yeon stepped closer towards Junsu and gradually, she moved her arms up and cuddled around Junsu’s neck. “But, I figure you miss this one. Don’t you?”

 

So quick, right after that Tae Yeon pressed a brief peck on Junsu’s lips. “Got you!” A cheery chuckle and sugary smile turned up on her face. She was all pleased doing that. In any case, she always wanted to show her too much love for Junsu and that peck of kiss was a part of it.

 

Junsu beamed at Tae Yeon. He did nothing but to feel thrilled with Tae Yeon’s sudden short kiss. Whatever Tae Yeon’s doing and behaving all the time did have a place inside his heart. Then there was an announcement for the last calling to Korea.

 

“Do miss me everyday, okay?” Tae Yeon uttered a message.

 

“Yeah..I’ll always do, dear. Take care.” Junsu replied.

 

“You too take a good care. I’m going to miss you. Love you always.”

 

Junsu had just made few steps forward when shortly after, he turned back and then moved towards Tae Yeon, facing that girl once more. He kissed Tae Yeon on the forehead, making Tae Yeon stunned for a while. She really did not have any idea that Junsu would come up to this unbelievable act. Was this a response to the kiss she had given him just now?

 

Tae Yeon could see Junsu broadening his gentle smile. Of course, she could not help presenting her great shiny happy face at him, feeling so impressive.

 

“Actually, I don’t want to miss this either. I’ll be missing you, Tae Yeon. Wait for me. Ahnyong.” Junsu left then for receiving a check-up at the front of the entrance.

 

Tae Yeon had still her smile on face while watching over Junsu who later waved his goodbye at her ahead of walking into the entrance of awaiting site for getting on board. Tae Yeon waved back at Junsu briefly before he faded away.

 

All of sudden, Tae Yeon could feel a soft emotion sneaking inside her. She was somehow moved, as if her eyes grew to be teary, looked like she wanted to cry. However, she still could bear it.

 

‘Junsu..I’ll be waiting for you to come back. Please do miss me and love me…always.’

-

-

-

At the lobby hotel…

 

Li Yin was on the phone with someone while at the same time, she devoured some magazines. “Hankyung uppa..? Are you still there?”

 

“Yeah..I’m still here.” Hankyung responded following by a gentle voice.

 

“How’s mom and dad? By the way, what news you got for me? I reckon there’s must be at least one. ”

 

It sounded like Hankyung was laughing. “I’ve contacted uncle yesterday and they’re very fine. He said they couldn’t get you on the phone. Why was that?”

 

“Really? I couldn’t call them either even I’ve tried many times this morning. Don’t know why. It might have to do with the service here.”

 

“Oh yeah..? Thank god for giving a good service right now. That I’ve a chance to recover from ‘missing sickness’.” Hankyung uttered in a hilarious way.

 

Li Yin chuckled delightedly. “I miss you too, Hankyung uppa.”

 

“Well…I know that. Anyways, I’ll be away for Japan these few days. I’ll have a company’s promotion to manage there. So, I’ll be a bit busy but, don’t worry. I’ll try hard to make a call even if it’s not everyday. Four times in a week would be enough, don’t you think so?”

 

“Okay..company’s promotion over again. You’re such a busy businessman lately. However, I think that four times are more than enough. Besides, we’ll send messages..right?”

 

“Yeah..right. Oh? I almost forgot. Your previous message..you told me you had a weird nightmare. Would you let me know what was that all about? Did you meet a ghost?”

 

Uppa! Be serious, okay?” Li Yin was kind of solemn. She had no intention to joke about that strange nightmare she got yesterday.

 

“Okay okay. Sorry. Carry on.” Hankyung apologized.

 

“This time it felt like a true nightmare. You know..something that truly happened. Something seemed to be a sign.” Li Yin was in an attempt to describe her emotion about the nightmare.

 

“A sign?” Hankyung was sounded to be doubtful. “What sign?”

 

“That’s what I haven’t got yet. I’ve no idea actually. It was like I had a nightmare about someone’s truth. Can you imagine that?”

 

Hmmm..I figure it would be a typical nightmare. As you know, sometimes people feel the same way you’re suspecting now. The dream, the nightmare and whatever it was, gave some sign. That was what they said. In fact, there’s nothing. This is my opinion anyway.”

 

“I got that. But, this one..it really sensed mysterious. I…” Li Yin stopped, being beyond words for some while before continuing. “Hoh..I don’t know what to say but it was really really ambiguity, something which has double meanings.”

 

“Fine..first, I want to ask you. Are you okay for having this mysterious nightmare?”

 

“I’m fine. Just kind of curious. That’s all.” Li Yin replied a straightforward answer.

 

“Okay. That’s good and second, what did you see in that nightmare?”

 

“Do you really want to know or you just want to have something to make some jokes later on?” Unexpectedly, Li Yin seemed like teasing Hankyung on the line.

 

“What? Oh come on, Li Yin. Do you always think of me that way? I don’t. I just want to know. Cut it out, okay?”

 

Li Yin smiled hilariously. “Okay.”

 

“Oh no! I should've a meeting by this time. Why don’t we extend this subject next time? Is that okay?” Hankyung sounded rather rush at that moment, because of the meeting.

 

“Never mind. Let’s just put this thing behind.” Li Yin had the same opinion. She decided not to chat about that matter any longer. Even she suspected there was still a riddle on what she had seen in that vision, she intended not to give any concern about it.

 

“Okay then. Don’t figure about the nightmare too much. Will you?”

 

“Yeah yeah. Now go for your meeting. I’m alright.”

 

“Good girl. I’ll call next time. Miss you, dear Li Yin.” Hankyung passed the last sentence on the line.

 

“Miss you too.” Li Yin uttered, replying the phrase. Then, she got off the line. “Whoaa..what I’m going to do today?” She asked herself, having no such specific planning for that day. Truly, she had been there in the past two days. Many intrigued places she had attended. At the moment, her mind circled, pondering where would be the next location. Soon after, Li Yin could hear something about an island at the same lobby. She tilted her head and then was rather attracted by a conversation among a group of tourists and their tour-guide who were taking place nearer to her position.

“Cheju Island?”

“Yeah…it’s among the famous vacation spots in Korea.”

“Oh really? That sounds good. When we’ll get there anyway?”

“Regarding to our schedule, we’ll be going to Cheju day after tomorrow.”

“That would be nice. I can’t wait going to that island.”

“Yeah..me too.”

“Us either.”

 

Li Yin turned back to the front. She was wondering about the island which had been mentioned in the conversation of the tourists.

‘Cheju Island? Sounds interesting. Now I’ve a plan to go next.’

In the end, she planted a beam on her face.

 

----------