Chapter 5

Love You, Sorry

[Chapter 5]

 

Searching for something necessary, Junsu pulled out the drawer when he found something which was not really necessary in another round. He was dazed for some while ahead of taking out that something which caught his eyes. It was a framed picture of three of them. Changmin, Ri In and his. Junsu doubted. That framed picture was belonged to Changmin, why would it set inside the drawer? Besides, there were plenty of framed pictures of Changmin with others displayed on the surface of the cupboard. But, why that picture had been excluded? If it was Changmin the one who put the picture inside, why would he do that?

 

Abruptly, Junsu came up with the one and only answer it would be. As he was about to stay at that house, so Changmin hid the framed picture, that his feeling would not be hurt by seeing Ri In in that picture. In short, the picture had been being hidden to protect his feeling. Changmin did that because of him.

 

Junsu shook his head repeatedly before muttering. “Shim Changmin, you’re the best buddy of mine.” He smiled and then put the framed picture of three of them on the cupboard, where the picture could have been placed.

 

(...Flashback...)

 

Junsu, Changmin and Ri In were in a garden park, where they spent spare time, loafing around jointly.

 

“Now you take the picture.” Junsu ordered by handing his camera to Changmin.

 

“What? Does it mean..I’m not going to be in this picture?”

 

“Of course not. I’ll take yours later.”

 

“Later? And now what? Am I going to take only your picture with Ri In?”

 

Yaahh. Don’t be jealous, will you?” Junsu said in response.

 

“I’m not jealous! Okay?” Changmin opposed next.

 

“Guys?! Would you stop already?” Then Ri In came within the two. “Let’s take the picture of three of us. Together. Okay?”

 

“That would be really okay.” Changmin smirked at Junsu.

 

“And you Junsu, say something.” Ri In uttered.

 

“Okay, okay. Let’s take the picture together.” Lastly, Junsu happened to agree.

 

Three of them got ready. Being in the middle of the two, Ri In held the camera pointed towards them. “Ready? Smile.” Then she clicked the press button.

 

(...End of Flashback...)

 

Gazing at the picture they had taken together, Changmin and his put their hands on one another’s shoulders while Ri In showing up her two fingers, making a ‘peace’ sign and at the mean time, she was hugging Junsu’s waist. They all seemed to be happy, very happy to be honest.

 

“We were great together, having wonderful times. But now, one of us can’t remember any of them already. Still, she has rights to be here as she’s always one of us.” Murmuring, Junsu referred the phrase to Jang Ri In. No matter what had happened, Jang Ri In was still a great friend of Changmin and no matter what had occurred between Jang Ri In and him, Changmin still had his rights to keep Jang Ri In in his memory. If it was him the one who desired to forget Jang Ri In, in another round, it was all okay for Changmin to decide to keep remembering Jang Ri In.

 

He would not ever force Changmin to tag along him to forget Jang Ri In. They had their own different views. The point was they would not ever let the decision they had made would affect their friendship. That, Junsu put back the framed picture of three of them on the cupboard as he knew Changmin would always have wanted it to be placed there if it was not because of him staying a while at that house.

 

‘Changmin-ah, I’ve met someone resembled to her. If she’s really Jang Ri In, then I’ve met her already.’

-

-

-

-

At the bus station...

 

A big bus had passed the station. Li Yin merely got there in a hurry. “What? Isn’t it the bus to that place? Wait! Wait!” As a result, she attempted to get after the bus. However, the bus was already rather far away from her.

 

Li Yin ended up tiring out. “Hoh! I missed the bus already. I’ve told to wait for me."  What now? How do I suppose to get at that place then?” She muttered. “Hoh! What a bad luck!” If the reason was not because of oversleeping, she would have gotten in that bus. In consequence, she slapped her own head lightly.

-

-

-

-

Walking gently at the edge of the casual highway, Li Yin turned her view from the right to the left and from the front to the back infrequently, hoping any bus would pass beside her. If there was one, she would not get going to another next bus stop.

 

While Junsu was driving, he caught his eyes on someone at the right side of the noiseless road. He happened to slow down the car he drove and tried to spot that someone from the mirror side of the car. To his surprise, it turned up to be the girl he met on the small jetty yesterday. That girl?! The girl he had instinct to be the real Jang Ri In.

 

‘She’s here..? Not again. What the heck is she doing all alone on this road?'

 

Junsu pressed the brake, looking hesitant before slowly he reversed the car. Li Yin who took a glimpse at the car from behind by chance turned out to be doubtful. Why had the car been reversed anyway?

 

Stopping the car right beside Li Yin, Junsu took a gaze out of the car towards the girl. Serene. Li Yin seemed to be a bit shocked when her eyes met up with the gaze the driver having at her.

‘Oh? This guy..? Wasn’t he the weird guy yesterday..? Whatever.’

Feeling uneasy, she ignored the guy.

 

“Where are you up to?”  Junsu expressed a question unexpectedly for the first time after meeting this girl. He pretended to be unknown and gained as much as courage he could have to confront the same face over again even if the girl was not the real Jang Ri In.

 

Li Yin simply muted. Voiceless.

 

Being puzzled with the silent response, Junsu stated another question. “May I know...whether do you want to have a ride?” It seemed a bit to be a request.

 

“No, thanks.” What such a short answer Li Yin had, looked like she wish she could just avoid Junsu at that time.

 

“Are you sure? I’ll give you a ride if you want to.” Offering something which the girl would need, Junsu tried to assure.

 

“I don’t talk to strangers. Just leave, please?” Li Yin moved steps forward, leaving Junsu in speechless.

 

He beamed alone. Unbelievable. This girl looked as if she was not that humble-type. She might reject his ride because of wanting to be aware of someone unknown like him, definitely. Junsu thought that way.

 

“Okay. Fine. Do what make you please.” Murmuring by himself, he pressed the paddle of the car and slipped away from the spot. And, he even talked to himself.

'Jang Ri In didn’t use to talk that way to me. Jang Ri In I know is humble. Oh my! I’ve forgotten. She’s not Jang Ri In. She can’t be her. No, not again! Yaahh Kim Junsu! Don’t keep troubling your mind. Will you?’

 

Li Yin paused while hesitantly watching Junsu’s car at the front already. She screwed her face, repenting of what she had done just now. “What the heck am I doing? What if there’s no bus then? How am I going to do now? Oh gosh! Send me help please.”

 

Suddenly, she saw a mercedez car which then stopped by her side. She could view there were two young guys inside that expensive car. What about this? Might she have a ride with these two?

 

“Hey sweet lady!” So obvious friendly, one of them went outside the car greeting Li Yin while the other one merely sat at his place, in front of car’s string. “Where are you going to? Want to join us?” Seemed really interested to ask Li Yin for a ride.

 

Li Yin was more uneasy. This guy..the way he acted, the way he looked at..there was a chance he was a ert. Aisshh! What such a bad luck she got today. “No, thanks anyways.” She was about to move when her arm was gripped.

 

“Are you really sure, miss? I don’t think others will get you a ride soon. So, better you go with us then.” The guy ended up with smirking.

 

Li Yin pushed the guy’s hand away. “I said no. Can’t you get what the meaning is?” Strictly she uttered an opposition in a slow tone.

 

All of a sudden, another car came along the way towards them. Li Yin and the other two guys tilted their heads simultaneously. She wrinkled her forehead, wondering was that the previous car stopped by her a minute ago? Yeah..that was the car belonged to that weird guy. But, why he had to come back?

 

Junsu stopped the car at the edge of the highway and then got out, ambling towards the guy and the girl. “What’s up?” He could sense something not right was happening between the two.

 

The guy seemed being bothered . “Oh? It’s nothing. We’re just thinking of giving this sweet lady some ride.” At the meantime, he gave a smirk smile at Li Yin who then ignored him while Junsu could capture her react.

 

“Don’t bother. She’s with me.” Junsu promptly spoke out, pretending.

 

Abruptly, Li Yin appeared to be somewhat on hiatus by what Junsu just said. Also, somehow she did nothing to deny that as if she agreed to Junsu, in order to stay away from those two guys. She might think of that way.

 

“What?” The guy looked very surprised. “Oh..well, we’ve to go then.” Quickly, the guy got into the car and short after that, the car speed up away from the spot.

 

Li Yin gave a glance at Junsu reluctantly. She should thank this guy for saving her from the so potential to be ert-troubled guys. But, she was voiceless instead.

 

Junsu looked at Li Yin. Then gradually, he broke a slight smile. After all, Li Yin felt embarrassed for being cold to him earlier and in another round, that guy saved her. At last, she ended up grinning instead of saying anything.

-

-

-

-

Stealing a glance to one another, Junsu and Li Yin were awkward being next to each other. Silent. Junsu seemed to be focused on his driving while Li Yin was taking a gaze out of the car through the opened-window. Lastly, she had agreed to take a ride with him. Neither of them blew an attempt to start a conversation. Stay silent.

 

“Do you live here?” Last of all, Junsu was the one who broke out the silence, being pretended over again.

 

“No, I’ve just been at this place.” Li Yin did not turn at the left to look at Junsu when she answered the question.

 

“So...where you come from?” Junsu presented another question. Somehow, he did want to know.

 

Li Yin tilted her head, looking shortly at Junsu. “Why do I’ve to tell you by the way?” Serious.

 

Junsu paused for a while. Yeah..what the heck he was doing just now? Anyhow, who was he to know about that girl? After all, he was just a stranger in Li Yin’s eyes. He should not have given her that question, Junsu complained to himself.

‘Just stop it, Junsu! Don’t get beyond your control. Just relax.’

He was striving to relieve himself. Being with Li Yin, it was such a bit difficult for him. Being unknown with someone who had the same face as Jang Ri In, he was not that impartial. Actually, very not.

 

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked you that.” Junsu admitted, feeling so uncomfortable. “Anyways, where are you up to?”

 

Eh? Wait a second.” Afterwards, Li Yin took out a small book from her bag and opened a page of it. Later, she showed that page off to Junsu, trying to tell him the place she up to at that moment.

 

While driving, Junsu could get his eyes a glimpse at the page. That page showed some place, moreover, it looked like a list of many places in Cheju. What was that by any chance? “Okay. I know this place. Ahmm, is that a list?”

 

Li Yin put the book back inside her bag while seriously glancing at Junsu. “It’s not your business. Plus, you shouldn’t have asked that question either.” Kept being cold towards Junsu, Li Yin could not avoid that way.

 

“Sure. Again, I’m sorry.” Junsu apologized. He scratched his non-itchy head, showing how sorry he was for himself for stumbling over her. Still, he was pondering. Why did this girl need that such a list? It seemed as she came to this place for the first time. If it was true, where did she come from then? Junsu shook his head briefly, pushing that puzzle off his mind. “Well, I think we’re heading the same direction.” After that, Junsu spoke out.

 

Li Yin glanced at Junsu tentatively and then just ignored him by keeping on gazing the view outside. It showed that Junsu’s phrase could not attract her attention even more. Out of sight, Junsu took a stare at Li Yin. Seemed she was rather egotistical girl. Yet, there was a mysterious piece inside her. In fact, there were many things he wished he would discover about this girl. But then, he came up to realize, the timing was not at the moment. It might be some day or, he would never get that chance. In conclusion, Junsu would not like to think too much of the matter.

-

-

-

-

Junsu parked his car at the lot. Just then, Li Yin went out of the car. Afterwards, he was locking the car when Li Yin eyed him.

 

“I’ve to go now. Thanks for the ride, anyway.” Without wasting much time, she moved forward without waiting for Junsu’s response, still kept being all cold to him. After all, he was a stranger, that she was not moved to know much about him.

 

He merely allowed Li Yin stepping away, having nothing to say at her. Yet, there was something suddenly came up to his mind. “Yaahh!” Junsu shrieked.

 

Li Yin turned back and looked at Junsu timidly.

 

“Need a tour guide? I figure you need one.” Junsu suggested.

 

“Why do I’ve to have one?” Li Yin replied.

 

“Only if you wish your trip here would be better and also, I don’t think you’re used being at this place.” Honestly, he spoke out his opinion.

 

Li Yin smirked briefly. “Know what? I’m big enough already to take care of myself. I’m independent. Tour guide or something like that, I do think I can survive at this place without any of that. So, don’t bother.”

 

“Are you sure?” Still, Junsu simply made her words certain.

 

“I am!” Li Yin convinced as she wanted to cry out, telling that guy she was certain with her decision to not have any of tour guides. Somehow, she felt Junsu was annoying. Then, she continued moving forward, leaving him at the back.

 

Sighing alone, Junsu just let that girl following her way. If that Li Yin had her own say, then he had no rights to oppose. He simply hinted a suggestion about tour guide so she would not be troubled to get at some places in Cheju as she had just been there, definitely she did not use to it. Yet, Li Yin had decided and let her be.

-

-

-

-

Seemed like being tired out, Li Yin exhaled a heavy breath. In fact, she wished she could get at her destination. But, she seemed to get lost. Actually, she could not find that place yet.

 

Hoh! Where is this place by the way?” Li Yin sighed. “Do I really need a tour guide? Hoh! What now?”

 

Above and beyond feeling burdened, there was nothing else for Li Yin but got to find a way to the exact destination. In uncertain state, Li Yin carried on looking for that place.

-

-

-

-

Having a stroll on the street, Junsu took a look around him at the same time. That place had changed a lot, progressive and contemporary. He went by a boutique when lastly he paused for a while. That boutique used to be his mother’s small restaurant until five years ago. But, now his mother already opened a restaurant in America instead, sharing with Tae Yeon’s mother.

 

At the playground...

 

Junsu shot the view at the place. Nice and fresh. He desired the amusements and attractions there to be displayed in the magazine later on as he considered the playground was one of splendors in Cheju for children and youngsters and even adults.

 

Right before he pressed the camera, his attention was broken off when a girl seemed to be familiar coming into his sight. It was Li Yin, that girl appeared to be exhausted. Junsu stepped close to Li Yin who then realized his appearance at the same place.

 

“You look very tired.” Junsu uttered. “Is it because of trying to find this place?”

 

“Why do you’ve to be here?” Li Yin countered, looking as if she was heated at the moment. Facing this guy just made her feeling prickly.

 

Junsu seemed a bit surprised. “What’s wrong if I’m being here?”

 

“You’re really annoying. Do you know that? Why do I have to keep seeing your face? I’m asking you, are you following me or what?”

 

He chuckled. “I’m not.”

 

“Then don’t come near me again!” Li Yin squealed. “Well, yeah...you gave me a ride and I’ve said thanks. That’s already over. There’s no other thing left within you and me. We don’t know each other. As what I’ve said before, I don’t talk to strangers. Can you get that?”

 

Instead of reacting to Li Yin, Junsu merely made a cool and serene look on his face as he could understand well her meaning.

 

Li Yin ignored him and left. She was really uneasy to confront that annoying guy. Why did he get to be at the same place where she was being? What such a coincidence! She had to avoid the guy, that she would not be annoyed over and over again.

 

‘It seems I annoy this girl. Yeah..that’s right. I’m a stranger. Why did I come to you then?’

 

‘I don’t like to talk to this guy. That question...it was like he was sneering at me as I’m not used being here. Yeah! I almost got lost searching for this place. So what? Oh? Am I mad? What the heck I was doing? What if it’s not what I thought? What if he just asked randomly? Hoh! Cut it out!’

 

An hour had passed. Li Yin was very pleasant enjoying the playground as she had so much fun there. Many games and great amusement she took part in. Plus, it had a lovely view. She would like to come to the venue again someday. When she was about to head towards the playground’s gateway, she was somehow greeted by a male worker there.

 

“This is for you, miss.” The worker told Li Yin. At the meantime, he handed over a small size card.

 

“For me?” Li Yin was in hesitance. Yet, she took a look at the card.

‘Wondering where to go next? Try this one, Sunshine Park. You’ll surely not get to bump into me there.’

 

Li Yin came up to ponder. Whose card was this? Regarding to the words was written on that card, her mind clicked. Was it from the weird stranger who gave her the ride? Was it from the guy she had warned to not come near her again? Was it from him?

 

“Was it a guy who gave you this?” Li Yin asked to the worker as he was almost to move away.

 

“Yeah.” The worker nodded as well.

 

“He had camera hanging on his neck, am I right?” Li Yin guessed.

 

“Yeah...you’re right.”

 

Afterwards, Li Yin turned her eyes around, trying to find that weird stranger. He could be there somewhere. Yet, she was not able to see him. Why did he have to do that? What a really weird guy he is…Li Yin whispered. “Wait!” All of sudden, she called the worker and came closer to him. “I’m sorry. But, may I know how to get to this Sunshine Park?” With a hopeful smile, Li Yin requested.

 

----------